View Full Version : Any experience with Cricket or Metro PCS? How's the coverage and roaming in OKC?

USAF
02-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I pay about $90 per month to verizon and don't even have unlimited everything. You can buy an used Evo 4G from ebay for around $250. You then pay either carrier about $35 to flash the phone and it gets activated. Then you have an unlimited plan for about $50-$60/mo. But I've read they each charge you roaming. I'm also wondering about dropped calls overall coverage and roaming. Anyone have any experience?

Superhyper
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I can tell you in general that Cricket's coverage is pretty good in and around the city, but once you stray fairly far out it falls off quickly. If you don't spend a lot time in the country I doubt you'll have any problems. To my knowledge MetroPCS does not cover OKC yet, I believe they generally won't expand to a city that has cricket and vice versa.

dmoor82
02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I can tell you in general that Cricket's coverage is pretty good in and around the city, but once you stray fairly far out it falls off quickly. If you don't spend a lot time in the country I doubt you'll have any problems. To my knowledge MetroPCS does not cover OKC yet, I believe they generally won't expand to a city that has cricket and vice versa.

Yeah Criket has great Metro OKC coverage but cuts out around Kingfisher and Guthrie North and most of Southern Oklahoma!

BBatesokc
02-08-2011, 08:45 PM
In my opinion, cricket is good for people with no credit ( former pay-as-you-go customers), teenagers, or for people who rarely leave the city and want to have a cell phone and possibly even forego a landline.

I tried their broadband a couple of years ago and it was fine until you left the city.

ljbab728
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
My only experience with Cricket is having one of their stores next to my business for about a year. The people at the store were very nice but the clientel had nonstop boom boxes going everytime they pulled up. Overall I'm glad they closed up.