View Full Version : Is your snow drift half full???

bucktalk
02-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I know the recent snow storm can create 'cabin fever' and negative thoughts. But I try to consider snow being a good thing overall. So is your snow drift half full? Would be interesting to see how many positive comments OKC Talk can come with about the snow. I'll start.

1. We need the moisture badly. No its not a drought buster but every little bit helps!

MadMonk
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM
With the warm weather we had just before the cold stuff hit, I'm hoping that a lot of mosquitos were hatched and subsequently killed off by the cold, making for an even more pleasant spring. Don't really know if it works that way, but it'd be nice if it did.

betts
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
It helps water the trees, shrubs and grass, which were dry. I didn't stay home a single day, although my car did, so cabin fever wasn't a huge issue.

old okie
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
1. Provides at least some of the moisture we so desperately need.

2. Love to be inside with the 'pretty' snow outside; as long as the power is on, I bake and cook. Love the 'cozy' feeling of being 'inside.'

3. Throw the bird seed on the patio, which we keep cleared for them, and love to see all the kinds of birds that come right up to the door.

4. Getting "out" is an adventure--in slow speed!

5. Just SO happy it is SNOW and NOT ice!! Power is more likely to stay on, thus making life pleasant.

For me, the drift is always "half full"--just as anything in life is!

OKCisOK4me
02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
The moisture content associated with the blizzard was very, very low. For instance, Mike Morgan was saying in 09 we got .9 inches of water content with 13.5 inches of snow. Tuesday, .25 with 11.8 inches of snow. That's crazy. This snowmelt will barely help with our drought. Throw your cigarette butts out now, while the snow is covering the dry stuff...

ou48A
02-04-2011, 10:40 AM
It’s the best thing that could have happened to the wheat crop.

henrywc
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Just think of all of Mayor Mick's "healthful exercise" you got/get from shoveling out the garage/driveway/sidewalks!