View Full Version : Apple Store update

Patrick
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I received information today on the selected location for the Apple store. The only problem is that the information is currently confidential and I can't release it. I will say that none of the possiblities for store downsizing that I've mentioned in the past are part of the plan. Instead a store will be relocated. Again, don't try to guess.....you won't guess correctly anyways!

Also, it looks like we're moving closer to a lease agreement for the old Wards automotive site. Again, it's privileged information so I can't release it. I will say that it will be a new restaurant to the market and offer cuisine unlike any other restaurant in the area. It's also quite upscale! I'd say it's somewhere between a Rain Forest Cafe and a Cheesecake Factory. I know, that could mean many restaurants. Again, don't try to guess....you probably won't come anywhere close to guessing correctly.

I wish I could say more, but for now, the information cannot be released.

I'll say more when the leases are signed.

swake
03-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Elephant Bar and Grill, that's my guess

metro
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Patrick, Thanks for the update however the restaurant site was already disclosed publicly several months ago to my recollection.

Patrick
03-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Actualy the announcement made several months ago was for a Carrabba's Italian Restaurant to locate on the site. That won't be happening. Penn Square is currently in negotiations with another restaurant group, one that's much more attractive than Carrabba's would have been. Since a lease hasn't been signed yet, this has not been announced publicly.

metro, is that the restaurant you were referring to?

metro
03-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Patrick, yes, I swore I read Carrabba's Italian Restaurant , in the Daily Disappointment although I'm sure you right about final negotiations not being done yet. When do you expect something?

asta2
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
oh oh, let me guess, Ruby Tuesdays?

mranderson
03-17-2005, 03:00 PM
There is a chain of upscale Mexican food places that are semi take out called Chappoli's (or something like that). That could be it.

I hear they have really good food, and moster sized Burrito's that are custom prepared in front of the customer... As fast food should be.

Nuclear_2525
03-17-2005, 08:01 PM
There is a chain of upscale Mexican food places that are semi take out called Chappoli's (or something like that)

Chipotle? yes they are very good and have some huge a** burritos!

mranderson
03-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Chipotle? yes they are very good and have some huge a** burritos!

Yes. That is it.

Patrick
03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Nope, it's not Mexican or Italian. I'll announce it when the lease is near completion, and when I'm given the go-ahead.

okcpulse
03-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Why did Carrabba's pull out of the deal? What happened?

Patrick
03-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Actually, Penn Square nixed the deal with Carrabba's. The market around Penn Square is already saturated with Italian restaurants, i.e., Bellini's, Pepperoni Grill, Macaroni Grill, and now Olive Garden. The fact that the mall already had an Italian restaurant (Pepperoni Grill) also was not helpful to the cause for a Carrabba's. Thus, the reason for the change. You'll be impressed with the replacement, if indeed the lease is finalized.

mranderson
05-11-2005, 11:21 AM
When the weather does not cooperate, I walk sometimes inside Penn Square.

Today, I noticed Lane Bryant is moving to a new space by JC Penney. I bet Apple is taking their current space.

metro
05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I know where they are going but cannot elaborate at this time.

Pete
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Patrick, do you work for Penn Square?

And if not, how do you know about all this?

Just curious.

Decious
05-22-2005, 09:39 PM
The Apple Store will occupy 1/2 of the Lane Bryant store space, after they move upstairs to a larger space. The other 1/2 will be occupied by Coach. Construction on the store will begin in August, and the store will open around Thanksgiving.

This info is from the Apple rumor site. I assume them trustworthy since they have been 100% correct thus far.

metro
05-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks for posting from the rumor site. I wish I could tell you if the rumor is true or not but I am still not at liberty to discuss the official details. The good news is we are getting a Coach and Apple Store however. More upscale retail for OKC

Patrick
05-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Patrick, do you work for Penn Square?

And if not, how do you know about all this?

Just curious.

I have friends who work with management at Penn Square. And I am free to discuss some details now, since moving is going on. Yes, Apple will take the old Lane Bryant space. Lane Bryant has relocated to a temporary location where Kabet's used to be, but they will soon move upstairs on the Foley's wing, where Modern Woman used to be...they'll take the entire Modern Woman space and 1/2 of the KB Toy Store space.

I hadn't heard about Coach, but I'll look into it. I had actually suggested Coach to mall management awhile back and they said there was a good chance they could land a Coach store there.

If you have any store suggestions, feel free to let me know. I can always make suggestions, as I know the management pretty well.

Patrick
05-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Actually guys, last I heard, I think Coach is moving next to Eddie Bauer, where the Body Shop used to be. The Body Shop moved out recently. I believe the site isn't completely accurate...I think Apple is taking all of the Lane Bryant space, but I'll check for sure.

bitstop
05-27-2005, 10:21 AM
From Tuesday's Oklahoman:

TECH UPDATE

Apple Computer will open its first Oklahoma City retail store in the fall in space vacated by Lane Bryant in Penn Square Mall, a mall spokeswoman confirmed Monday.

Spokeswoman Jeanette Smith said Apple will occupy more than 4,000 square feet, with an unidentified tenant expected to lease the remaining space. Smith said Lane Bryant is moving to temporary quarters on the the J.C. Penney Co. wing before moving to a permanent location on the mall’s Foley’s wing. Construction on the Apple store is expected to begin this summer.

It is Apple’s first retail store in Oklahoma.

Patrick
05-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks bitstop....my apologies for errors in the info. I presented. I guess I get some slack since I just got married and have been out of town the past few weeks! lol! Anyways, nice to see both Apple and Coach fill that space. Coach will be a fine addition to that upscale row, my favorite wing of the whole mall.