View Full Version : Quiet Time

kevinpate
01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
It's been quiet last night and today ... too quiet.
But my daughter and the grandestbabies of all are safely back in WY. They are reported to be oh so happy to see Daddy and Polly (the meowser) after a few weeks of being just a bit spoiled by Nana and Poppa. It was a good month.

Upon arrival, Lil' Em decided to reteach Daddy the farm song ...
E-I-E-I-BARN. And a cow cow here and a cow cow there.

I'm already looking past February to March, when we'll all meet up in 'bama for the elder son's wedding to a right lovely lass.

E-I-E-I-BARN .... I may just have that embroidered on a hat.

PennyQuilts
01-30-2011, 06:35 PM
It's been quiet last night and today ... too quiet.
But my daughter and the grandestbabies of all are safely back in WY. They are reported to be oh so happy to see Daddy and Polly (the meowser) after a few weeks of being just a bit spoiled by Nana and Poppa. It was a good month.

Upon arrival, Lil' Em decided to reteach Daddy the farm song ...
E-I-E-I-BARN. And a cow cow here and a cow cow there.

I'm already looking past February to March, when we'll all meet up in 'bama for the elder son's wedding to a right lovely lass.

E-I-E-I-BARN .... I may just have that embroidered on a hat.

Yes, you must do that. They'll love it.

I used to play cards with my grandfather every Friday night. He was a quiet, non demonstrative man until his later years but would really get wound up over a feisty game of pinochle. He used to say, "Pass me the crying towel" when he'd lose a hand. One day, I showed up with a towel that was monogramed, "Crying Towel." He loved that thing and brought it out to lay on the table every game for the rest of his life. I keep that towel handy and think of him everytime I look at it. Sometimes it is the little things that help keep us close. <vbg> I sure miss him.