View Full Version : Striped Raphael Catfish w/ Shania Twain!

Thunder
01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Yesterday, I was in the process of doing a water change for the 100 gallon Malawi tank (you can see the Python hose sucking out water) and this large female catfish suddenly came out swimming everywhere. Striped Raphael catfish normally come out at night. They do come out during the day at feeding time, depending if they feel like it or not. Anyways, in this video, you can see how happy she was and later on in the video, there is a surprise guest. :-)

I came up with the idea of using the song, "Man! I feel like a Woman," by Shania Twain, because I thought it was fitting for her. Yes, I am totally deaf, but it was not impossible. First, I have the song completely burned to memory in my mind and secondly, I had a little help from a friend to set me on the right track. I requested a song to be sent to me (since I had recently threw out all the discs) and the friend let me know the start time of the song shown on the media player and several time points throughout the song. That is all he had done for me before he went to bed.

All night, hours and hours, replaying the song repeatedly in my mind, it was a major challenge. I searched up for a Shania Twain music video on YouTube and screen recorded it all. I then chopped up clips of all these videos (Shania and the catfish) into a software and it took a long time to get it just right. It was real tricky to match the Shania Twain's visual portions to the song file.

Hopefully it is at least near perfect and not way off. Several friends online told me that it is just perfect...job well done. I hope they are telling the truth. So, now I am posting this special music video on here for all the Shania Twain and Striped Raphael catfish fans!

I have named her Shania and she is at least 6" long. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTt4umAIUFU
Click on the X to remove the advertisement.

kevinpate
01-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Ya did well lad.