View Full Version : New businesses

Larry OKC
01-27-2011, 04:50 AM
Mr. Gatti's returns to the metro in the former Incredible Pizza/Lidos on NW Expressway. Similar concept as Incredible Pizza with games, go-karts, miniature golf and bowling. Will be known as GattiTown, expected to open in March after remodel.

Larry OKC
01-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Big Truck Tacos to open Hot Dog concept called Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs, will be located in an A-frame building @ 1400 NW 23rd (down the street from Big Truck tacos). Open April 1. Supposed to have a facebook page later this week.

...will include gourmet hot dogs, including a selection of house-made franks. ...Most of the dogs will be in the $2 to $3 range...occasionally do something such as a lobster dog that could sell for up to $10

betts
01-27-2011, 07:34 AM
That's exciting news, both for 23rd St. as well as my palate. I wonder if they'll have a mobile cart as well. We've already got one in Bricktown but I see lots of potential for this.

cjohnson.405
01-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Mr. Gatti's returns to the metro in the former Incredible Pizza/Lidos on NW Expressway. Similar concept as Incredible Pizza with games, go-karts, miniature golf and bowling. Will be known as GattiTown, expected to open in March after remodel.

The Gattitown in Frisco, TX is a little bigger concept. They also have smaller theme park rides and big screen movies. Would be nice if they upgraded to the Frisco version.

metro
01-27-2011, 07:49 AM
There are 2 threads on Gattis in the food court section.

metro
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Big Truck Tacos to open Hot Dog concept called Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs, will be located in an A-frame building @ 1400 NW 23rd (down the street from Big Truck tacos). Open April 1. Supposed to have a facebook page later this week.

that address would make it on the other side of Classen.

betts
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
I think the Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs must be going into the old Sala Thai restaurant on the south side of 23rd. That's about the right address and it's an old A-frame building. I remember when it was a Roy Rodgers back in the day.

Addendum: Looks like it is that building. Here's a link to information similar to what Larry posted.

http://blog.newsok.com/fooddude/2011/01/25/big-truck-tacos-has-a-puppy/

king183
01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Sala Thai is still there. I just ate there. Are the closing or moving to make way for this?

king183
01-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I think the Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs must be going into the old Sala Thai restaurant on the south side of 23rd. That's about the right address and it's an old A-frame building. I remember when it was a Roy Rodgers back in the day.

Addendum: Looks like it is that building. Here's a link to information similar to what Larry posted.

Okay, after looking at the blog, it's clear that's not Sala Thai. That's something else.

betts
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
It used to be Sala Thai a while back. I believe they've moved but that's what I always think of there.

metro
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM

Most recently, the building was Sweet Tea restaurant.

Spartan
01-28-2011, 12:07 AM
If someone would have told me 2 years ago that the Big Truck location would not be bulldozed and eventually end up becoming one of the trendiest locally-owned food establishments in town, I'd have laughed.

So I'm having trouble picturing this latest venture from them in that old A-Frame, but I guess I'll just have to have a little faith. I like the location though, right smack in front of OCU and behind Gatewood. That has incredible potential.