View Full Version : i40 construction going eastbound between council and rockwell

Snowman
01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
It almost looks like they are going to add a non loop exit but can not really tell at this point. It seems like it would have been mentioned on odot's website if they were actually going to work on reducing the number of overturned semi trailers their. Has any one heard what is actually going on their?

jonno
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I know they're going to replace the interchange at Morgan Road (which I think will be OKC's first Single Point Urban Interchange) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_point_urban_interchange but that is two miles west of where you're talking about.

ljbab728
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know for sure but it could be related to the ongoing massive retail area being developed from Council to MacArthur.

onthestrip
01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I think that is just a new access road for that new building, which I believe is some semi truck dealer/service center. That stretch of I40 from Council to Portland would be great if it had a true service road running along the highway with easy on and off ramps connecting them.

OKCNDN
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
I drove by this area yesterday. The road appears to be going further west past the tire center. I believe the road may go over the all the way west to Morgan, over the creek and connect to the road in front of CMI Equipment. I have no source but the road is going further west past the tire center. There is nothing to go to further west of the new tire center.

I certainly hope the road goes west to Morgan Road. That would greatly help the people that live south of Morgan. I know people that live in the area and they don't even mess with Morgan road. They go south to Airport Road even though it is a longer trip.