View Full Version : OKC Home & Garden Show

stick47
01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Terrible! The vendors spaces were too close together and the aisles were too narrow. The entire event gave me the feeling of walking against the grain while Owen stadium was emptying. I won't be back.
/rant

rcjunkie
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Terrible! The vendors spaces were too close together and the aisles were too narrow. The entire event gave me the feeling of walking against the grain while Owen stadium was emptying. I won't be back.
/rant

I personally refuse to attend any show (Home & Garden, Car, Boat, RV, etc;), that make you pay to look at things they are trying to sell you.

ljbab728
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I personally refuse to attend any show (Home & Garden, Car, Boat, RV, etc;), that make you pay to look at things they are trying to sell you.

What you're paying for is the convenience of having all of those vendors together in one location. You would probably save more than the price of admission if you consider all of the gas you would use driving around to see everything individually. I don't think the charge for admission is out of line. When they charge for admission they are basically trying to limit the attendees to those who actually have some interest in the products as opposed to those who are just looking for a place to get in out of the cold for a few hours.

flintysooner
01-24-2011, 05:23 AM
What you're paying for is the convenience of having all of those vendors together in one location. You would probably save more than the price of admission if you consider all of the gas you would use driving around to see everything individually. I don't think the charge for admission is out of line. When they charge for admission they are basically trying to limit the attendees to those who actually have some interest in the products as opposed to those who are just looking for a place to get in out of the cold for a few hours.Very true. If the exhibitors didn't get decent leads from these shows then they wouldn't invest the rather considerable money to set up and operate for 3 days over a weekend.

I attended one of these shows the year I was remodeling and found it very useful for a rather small price. And I did purchase from several of the vendors who had exhibits. I did notice a great difference in exhibitors though and a few, honestly, would have been better off not spending the time or money.

Bostonfan
01-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Back to topic. Stick47, this your first time to the home show? What exactly were you expecting?

stick47
01-24-2011, 06:22 AM
I've been attending events at the FGs since the early 70s so no, this was not my first time. What I was expecting is not the point. The point is that the venue was too small for the size of the crowd. The FG board apparantly feels that cramming more vendors into fewer buildings = PROFIT! Probably true but only lessens the experience for all.
Nice to see that 1 of your 5 replies here was not about politics. Thanks,

Bostonfan
01-24-2011, 06:29 AM
I've been attending events at the FGs since the early 70s so no, this was not my first time. What I was expecting is not the point. The point is that the venue was too small for the size of the crowd. The FG board apparantly feels that cramming more vendors into fewer buildings = PROFIT! Probably true but only lessens the experience for all.
Nice to see that 1 of your 5 replies here was not about politics. Thanks,

I see your point, it didn't feel any different to me from the one's in the past, but you may be right. With all that said, $8 ($3 off coupon) for the event was worth it. Nice to see different vendors in one location.

Jersey Boss
01-24-2011, 10:57 AM

Oklahoma State Fair?

rcjunkie
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Oklahoma State Fair?

I've gone to the State Fair 3--4 times every year for the past 10 years and I have never paid to get in, I know too many vendors w/plenty of comp passes.

alekya
01-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Online information about the home & garden, home decor ideas, designs, gardens, garden home, garden ponds, home maintenance tips, services, home maintenance plans, home maintenance schedule, techniques and more.
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Lifestyle/home-and-garden.html

alekya
02-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Online information about the home & garden, home decor ideas, designs, gardens, garden home, garden ponds, home maintenance tips, services, home maintenance plans, home maintenance schedule, techniques and more.
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Lifestyle/home-and-garden.html