View Full Version : Round Up Pizza in Del City

SoonerQueen
01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
We have started going there once a week. It's pretty much like the old Shakey's pizza used to be. They have a salad bar,spaghetti,mojo potatoes, fried chicken, and of course pizza. It's very reasonable, about the same as Cici's pizza but a whole lot better. The place isn't festive, but for a good, inexpensive meal, I like it a lot.

kevinpate
01-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Do they have one of them thar piannie players? I do miss the pianni players sometimes.

Bostonfan
01-22-2011, 07:14 AM
We have started going there once a week. It's pretty much like the old Shakey's pizza used to be. They have a salad bar,spaghetti,mojo potatoes, fried chicken, and of course pizza. It's very reasonable, about the same as Cici's pizza but a whole lot better. The place isn't festive, but for a good, inexpensive meal, I like it a lot.

Do you ever cook?

jmarkross
01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Do they have one of them thar piannie players? I do miss the pianni players sometimes.

I always liked Pizza and Pipes in San Francisco (Daly City, actually) that had a big Wurlitzer Organ in it...fantastic place to have pizza with one of those behemoths going the whole time...

Thunder
01-22-2011, 09:04 AM
I used to eat there a lot long time ago. Limited pizza selection and very greasy. Now, maybe some improvement?

dmoor82
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I used to eat here every weekend as a kid with my Father,It was a real dump back then!

BBatesokc
01-22-2011, 12:18 PM
I haven't been there in maybe 7 years. The last time I did it was very depressing. Yuck greasy buffet food and cheapo pizza.

USAF
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I couldn't even eat the pizza, has a sharp "tangy" taste to it that I couldn't pinpoint. Fried chicken was good. Lots of other buffets in the area, Old Chicago is the best pizza buffet IMO, but is more expensive. For about a dollar more then Round Up there's Mazzios and pizza hut.

SkyWestOKC
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Me, my brother, and my dad go out there about once a week (normally on Sundays). It's a tradition, we have been doing it since I was 5 or 6. Pizza isn't the greatest -- we can be honest. But we still love going out there for the chicken, mojo potatoes, and a few slices of pizza.

SoonerDave
02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
I remember Shakey's very fondly from when I was a kid, and the only thing that Round-Up has in common with Shakey's is the building. IMHO, it's one of the nastiest buffets around. The two, maybe three times I've been there, the chicken tasted like it was cooked in (really) old grease, the mashed spuds were chewy, and the pizza was, well, bleeeechhhh, and the place just had this inexplicable aura of not being very clean. It kinda makes me sad to see the few, fleeting elements of the building that still convey the memory of Shakey's, only to realize the memory is all that's left.

No offense to anyone who likes the place, but I am stunned it has stayed in business as long as it has.

rcjunkie
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I remember Shakey's very fondly from when I was a kid, and the only thing that Round-Up has in common with Shakey's is the building. IMHO, it's one of the nastiest buffets around. The two, maybe three times I've been there, the chicken tasted like it was cooked in (really) old grease, the mashed spuds were chewy, and the pizza was, well, bleeeechhhh, and the place just had this inexplicable aura of not being very clean. It kinda makes me sad to see the few, fleeting elements of the building that still convey the memory of Shakey's, only to realize the memory is all that's left.

No offense to anyone who likes the place, but I am stunned it has stayed in business as long as it has.

It's good if your taste buds desire quanity over quality.