View Full Version : Bakery?

ExtremistPullup
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Looking for a Bakery in the edmond NOKC area for a 1/2 a sheet cake.

I don't want to go to walmart or Target.

Any Ideas

redrunner
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Never had to buy a cake but I do know Red Velvet Bakery in Edmond had their dumpster full of Duncan Hines cake mix boxes one time I was there. You can draw your own conclusions. But try an internet search and you should be able to find some places.

tuck
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Raspberries and Cream on North May

Debzkidz
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
We've always had good luck with Red Velvet.

Cafe 501 does birthday cakes. Not sure if they do sheet cakes. The only one we ordered there was a round one. It was outrageously expensive though. Stupid me, I just ordered it without asking how much it was. I almost had a heart attack when I picked it up. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of $60.

I just saw a place somewhere last week. Now I can't remember where it was though. I'll think about it. I also remember seeing a cake place up on Waterloo in a strip center, maybe near Broadway. I've never been up close, so I don't know details. Just saw it while driving by one day.

ljbab728
01-19-2011, 10:40 PM
If La Baguette on North May is close enough, I've always loved their cakes.

SoonerQueen
01-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Sweete Memories at 64th and N May is really good. We have gotten our birthday cakes made there for years. The last one was a week ago and it was delicious.

MsDarkstar
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Do NOT go to Ruth's Sweete Justice on North May. When Ruth first opened her shop, the cakes were fantastic but it was pretty much a one woman show. Her husband & my then-fiance (now ex-husband lol) worked together at the time and she did our wedding cake which was really delicious. I've used her over the years and the bigger her operation gets, the worse the cakes have gotten. I'm happy for her success and I think that Ruth is a very talented lady. I just think that maybe some of the other folks she has in her shop don't share her talents. The last cake I purchased from them was awful; not decorated the way we had discussed, it was dry and had the wrong filling.

Having said that, I HIGHLY recommend SUGAR. The original location is in Norman & they've recently opened up a location in Nichols Hills. Their cakes & cupcakes are absolutely top-notch and their prices are pretty reasonable. http://www.oksugar.com/ Most of the cakes they showcase on their website are the fancy carved fondant ones, but they do "regular" cakes as well.

Also, the birthday cakes at La Baguette are $30-$40 for the large round ones and they can write a message on them :)

ExtremistPullup
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks La Baguette looks really good but expensive and not sure how may a 10 inch cake will feed. I'll call and ask I'll try sweet Memories.

SoonerQueen
01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Sweete Memories has a cream cheese icing that is to die for. We always order the marble cake with cream cheese icing. It's so good.

Steve
01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Drive the extra 10 minutes and get the best cake in the city at Brown's Bakery in MidTown.

BoulderSooner
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Drive the extra 10 minutes and get the best cake in the city at Brown's Bakery in MidTown.

you can't be serious

metro
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM

Dude, it's all opinion, but that is a big stretch. Most people would agree LaBaguette and Rasberries and Creme are hands down much better.

Steve
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I like Brown's. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

okclee
01-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Steve, you recently eluded to Brown's having some future plans with their bakery or building.

Can you elaborate any further as to Brown's and their building?

kevinpate
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Sweete Memories has a cream cheese icing that is to die for. We always order the marble cake with cream cheese icing. It's so good.

Gotta admit, that does sound yummy.

ljbab728
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I like Brown's. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Steve, you're entitled to your opinion as long as you agree with me.

Steve
01-22-2011, 10:34 AM

Alright ljbab... tell you what: buy me a cake at La Baguette and I'll reconsider my stance here!
;)

jmarkross
01-22-2011, 02:28 PM

A refreshing bit of honesty...impressive...