View Full Version : Another School Shooting

Thunder
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/18/california-school-shooting/

Understandable that the kid was afraid of the punishment when the gun accidentally went off when he dropped the bag, but he should not ever attempted to run away. It will only make the judgmental society and media label him as a bad guy and further harm his reputation.

According to another classmate, he only carried the gun for his protection. He was no threat to anyone, except for the fact that the gun did not have a safety device (or turned off?).

At least the media is making the situation to be known as accidental. If the girl student shot in the head dies...I hope the system do not go overboard on the student bringing the gun to school.

Now we will watch as schools across the country revamp their security protocols as they are now aware that kids out there will still bring a gun to school merely for self protection.

jmarkross
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
He was no threat to anyone, except for the fact that the gun did not have a safety device (or turned off?).

Don't have a real tight handle on the cholo gangbanger situation in Los Angeles--I presume...

Bunty
01-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Surely, there will still be some people who say that kids should bring guns to school, especially older kids in colleges, to protect themselves and others from harm.

jmarkross
01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Surely, there will still be some people who say that kids should bring guns to school, especially older kids in colleges, to protect themselves and others from harm.

Let them all have guns...may the best marksmen survive. I assume that is your point...

Thunder
01-18-2011, 08:42 PM

I think colleges should allow students to carry guns. The right to bear arm. As long they have a permit. But kids in grade school should not.

Bunty
01-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Well, after that Virgina Tech massacre in which 32 people were shot dead, I repeat 32 people were shot dead, they should have already permitted students to carry guns to school, if they are ever gonna do it. If they are ever going to do it, then what more hell are they waiting on? Nevertheless, I wouldn't be particularly thrilled about students permitted to being armed on campus.

ljbab728
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM

That was exactly my thought. I can just see the light bulbs going on the heads of some Oklahoma legislators about how to permit all Oklahoma school children to tote guns with them.

rcjunkie
01-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Well, after that Virgina Tech massacre in which 32 people were shot dead, I repeat 32 people were shot dead, they should have already permitted students to carry guns to school, if they are ever gonna do it. If they are ever going to do it, then what more hell are they waiting on? Nevertheless, I wouldn't be particularly thrilled about students permitted to being armed on campus.

Man!! can you say flip flop, sounds like the old " I voted for it before I was against it "

jmarkross
01-19-2011, 06:02 AM
That was exactly my thought. I can just see the light bulbs going on the heads of some Oklahoma legislators about how to permit all Oklahoma school children to tote guns with them.

They already do...

bandnerd
01-19-2011, 08:41 AM
You'll shoot your eye out.

ljbab728
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
They already do...

I'm sure you know that I mean legally, of course. LOL

jmarkross
01-20-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm sure you know that I mean legally, of course. LOL

I'm sure you know--as well--I meant...