View Full Version : Daycare or Child Care Options?

Juliana
01-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Can anyone recommend any high quality child care centers in NW Oklahoma City -- we are willing to look into downtown centers or Edmond centers. So far, we are hitting brick walls with very long waiting lists.

Thanks!

MuseMOKC
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
When my children were younger, they were at Village Montessori School on Britton Road. They have a great staff and great enrichment programs for the kids. There was a bit of a waiting list, but it wasn't too terrible. Right now with my youngest who is too small for the preschool, I use a mother's day out program. Of course mother's day out programs only work if you need part time care because they are only from 9:30-2:30. I had friends who loved the program at the Goddard School as well. I hope this is helpful.

SoonerBeerMan
01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Camelot Child Development Center (they have 3 locations in the nw okc/edmond area)
Goddard
My Small Wonders
Primrose
First Christian Church in Edmond

Here's a link to a topic that I started a few years ago asking the same question. There are a couple of links in here that my wife and I found very helpful...http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=11788

Unfortunately you're probably going to run into waiting lists at most places. We shopped around and interviewed several home daycares and settled on one that we could use until one of the larger places opened up. If the larger daycares are the way you want to go then get on those lists ASAP...even if you haven't had the time to fully check them out, you're at least on the list. Then, if you find something out about them that you don't like, you can call and remove your name. There may be a nominal fee for signing up on the list, but its worth it.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Juliana
01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Thank you so much for the suggestions - and for the link, SoonerBeerMan. I'd love to hear more suggestions from anyone else out there who's been there/done that.
Thank you!!