View Full Version : Tonights TNT Broadcast against Laker

ljbab728
01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope everyone caught the halftime where Ernie Johnson brought up the article that Jenni Carlson recently wrote in the Oklahoman about Charles Barkley's promise to visit OKC. He tried to hold Charles' feet to the fire about. As usual, Charles tried to make a few jokes and in the end was pretty noncommital and is still unwilling to give OKC it's props.

Kerry
01-17-2011, 11:16 PM
The next Thunder player to take a 3 point shot should get a $100,000 fine.

Watson410
01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Why in the hell would we want Charles Barkley to come to OKC anyways?!? Who gives a sh*t?!? I don't care much for him if you can't tell. ;)

Kerry
01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
There is only one way Barkley is coming to OKC.

http://www.dailystab.com/charles-barkley-arrested/

Dustin
01-18-2011, 12:13 AM
UGGGHHH!!! If we had made even half of the shots we missed, we would've won that game....

ljbab728
01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Why in the hell would we want Charles Barkley to come to OKC anyways?!? Who gives a sh*t?!? I don't care much for him if you can't tell. ;)

So we could present him with one of our nice cow patties. LOL

Matt
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM

That's a turrible thing to say about somebody. Just turrible.

kevinpate
01-18-2011, 06:35 AM
The next Thunder player to take a 3 point shot should get a $100,000 fine.

Ok, I'll admit it. I laughed.

Kerry
01-18-2011, 06:57 AM
UGGGHHH!!! If we had made even half of the shots we missed, we would've won that game....

Three point shooting kills me. How many times this season has the Thunder gone into a 3-point shooting frenzy only to see them fall further behind? Then they start driving to the basket making layups and free throws that closes the game back up - only to go back to shooting 3s on every possesion. Twice last night the Thunder got within 2 points after being down by double digits and both times they started jacking up threes. Stop it with the dang three point shots already. The Thunder should be trying no more than 5 per game - if that many.

OKCisOK4me
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Making that extra pass would also vastly help...

Stan Silliman
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Three point shooting kills me. How many times this season has the Thunder gone into a 3-point shooting frenzy only to see them fall further behind? Then they start driving to the basket making layups and free throws that closes the game back up - only to go back to shooting 3s on every possesion. Twice last night the Thunder got within 2 points after being down by double digits and both times they started jacking up threes. Stop it with the dang three point shots already. The Thunder should be trying no more than 5 per game - if that many.

It's a shame Harden wasn't hitting his shots and he's normally at .393, a respectable Top 50 3-point shooter. Durant is 33% which is what the team averages.

It's a problem the Thunder need to solve. If you give up totally on the 3, then the middle becomes congested and the driving lanes disappear. They're not going far in the playoffs on 2 point shots alone.

Kerry
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
I would rather see them drive the lane every play and get the other teams players in foul trouble early. I just hate when they go into these 3-point frenzies. They also need to learn how to handle the ball in the last 10 seconds of each quarter. I have never seen a team fail to get a shot off in the final 10 seconds as often as the Thunder fail to do. Even in the Dallas game last week, Durant’s last second shot almost didn't count.

TaoMaas
01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I just hate when they go into these 3-point frenzies.

You only hate them because so many clank off the rim. lol I think that if more went in, you could find a little love for the 3. Seriously, though, a lot of people think the Thunder need a better big man, but I think a reliable 3-point shooter would be just as valuable and a lot easier to find. In fact, I think he's already on the team! I think Harden can be that guy.