Kinda make's me think of this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo

ddavidson8
01-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Not surprising at schools like that.

jmarkross
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Not surprising at schools like that.

What are the demographics of the school?

ddavidson8
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Interesting question. I hadn't thought of that.

Bunty
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe they don't believe in teaching birth control and self control at the school.

jmarkross
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Appalling stupidity--regardless of anything else. They all have TV's to watch what happens to their ilk...they are brain-dead and should be put in some sort of charitable facility to break the cycle of welfarism and their children put up for adoption--to give them a fighting chance at life their parents obviously did NOT have...

semisimple
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
What are the demographics of the school?

Over 99% black, 65% of students economically disadvantaged.

981 students. Less than 40% graduation rate.

http://www.greatschools.org/cgi-bin/tn/other/864#toc

jmarkross
01-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Over 99% black, 65% of students economically disadvantaged.

981 students. Less than 40% graduation rate.

http://www.greatschools.org/cgi-bin/tn/other/864#toc

Oh. I'll have to keep mum on this one...lest I be responsible to apoplectic 'fits' around the city...I think I will rest my case...

BTW--why the HELL would this be listed under..."great schools" website?

Bunty
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Appalling stupidity--regardless of anything else. They all have TV's to watch what happens to their ilk...they are brain-dead and should be put in some sort of charitable facility to break the cycle of welfarism and their children put up for adoption--to give them a fighting chance at life their parents obviously did NOT have...

There surely wasn't any welfare back when my grandparents got married, because they had to. There still wasn't any welfare when my parents thought they had to get married, but not due to me. These days there's less pressure for the guy to get married, if he doesn't want to, because the girl can get on welfare for child support. The high school kid was just good for the sperm and would probably rather worry about playing video games than a kid, anyway.

jmarkross
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
There surely wasn't any welfare back when my grandparents got married because they had to. There still wasn't any welfare when my parents thought they had to get married, but not due to me. These days there's less pressure for the guy to get married, if he doesn't want to, because the girl can get on welfare for child support.

Would it be a good idea to charge the males?...by payroll deduction...for all the childcare and associated costs...and make it stick--deny driver license--deny any other things you can. Drop the anvil on the sorry guys. Word spreads fast...faster than the bird-brained girls' legs...

rcjunkie
01-19-2011, 02:41 AM
Would it be a good idea to charge the males?...by payroll deduction...for all the childcare and associated costs...and make it stick--deny driver license--deny any other things you can. Drop the anvil on the sorry guys. Word spreads fast...faster than the bird-brained girls' legs...

Sounds good to me, you play, you pay.

jmarkross
01-19-2011, 04:44 AM
There surely wasn't any welfare back when my grandparents got married, because they had to. There still wasn't any welfare when my parents thought they had to get married, but not due to me. These days there's less pressure for the guy to get married, if he doesn't want to, because the girl can get on welfare for child support. The high school kid was just good for the sperm and would probably rather worry about playing video games than a kid, anyway.

You are not from Appalachia are you?

BBatesokc
01-19-2011, 07:30 AM
While there is obviously a problem at this and many other high schools, as usual, the media didn't want to let the facts get in the way of a good headline. Looks like 30+ of the pregnant teens transferred to Frayser High School AFTER getting pregnant because of pregnancy programs within the school and the school's reputation as a good place for a pregnant teen.

Kids having sex is nothing new. The problem I think often comes down to what was discussed in another thread about welfare and how we've removed the negative stigmatism. Many teens see pregnancy as a way to 'play adult' plus, as a single mom they know they will qualify for welfare, housing, food stamps, medical, cheap or free college. Why marry the guy when you can get even more from the gov't as a single mom.