View Full Version : KSBI - No More News

BBatesokc
01-14-2011, 03:51 AM
KSBI news reporting has apparently bit the dust.

I got an email from a former reporter who just relocated and needed some info and she said they had eliminated the news product. Checked the online schedule and saw no news programming.

Hadn't heard of this, but of course I don't think I ever watched their news unless I was going to be on it. Had to be a very expensive endeavor with no upside.

Thunder
01-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Is this because of Thunder TV? Are they completely switching over to Thunder exclusive? And other sports?

TaoMaas
01-14-2011, 05:03 AM
Had to be a very expensive endeavor with no upside. That's the key. A news operation is VERY expensive to maintain, especially in this market where weather is king and the price of admission pretty much includes the cost of a full-time helicopter. From what I understand, KSBI is revamping things and is going to put an emphasis on local programming.

krisb
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't think they have any affiliation with the Thunder anymore...ever since FS Oklahoma gained exclusive TV rights this season.

vbitner
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
What happened to Brady Brus he is the one that started the company that owns ksbi so does he still own it? They have a new president Vince Orza who is runinning it now. Ksbi never showed their whole set they said they would but they never did.