View Full Version : Current up to date skyline views?

dmoor82
01-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Can we get some up to date skyline views,Anyone else see this on TNT tonight?There has been outdated views on FxsportsOK as well!I can say The shots that TNT had were Awesome!

HOT ROD
01-14-2011, 12:55 AM
also, why do they keep playing the underdog theme, with regard to OKC's market.

Commentaters keep saying that OKC is the smallest market, when it clearly isnt. ... It also isn't the smallest NBA city.

Why don't they just state the facts, that the Thunder are a good and rising NBA team in a city that is embracing them. Why always try to spin it, as a negative (being the smallest this or that) or as an underdog (only game in town).

That "only game in town" crap isn't true either, especially when the commentator was just speaking of OKC's collegiate offerings and support. ..... Is there any other NBA city (especially per capita) with as much collegiate competition as OKC, yet the said city still heavily supports pro and collegiate?

ljbab728
01-14-2011, 01:09 AM
also, why do they keep playing the underdog theme, with regard to OKC's market.

Commentaters keep saying that OKC is the smallest market, when it clearly isnt. ... It also isn't the smallest NBA city.

Why don't they just state the facts, that the Thunder are a good and rising NBA team in a city that is embracing them. Why always try to spin it, as a negative (being the smallest this or that) or as an underdog (only game in town).

That "only game in town" crap isn't true either, especially when the commentator was just speaking of OKC's collegiate offerings and support. ..... Is there any other NBA city (especially per capita) with as much collegiate competition as OKC, yet the said city still heavily supports pro and collegiate?

Yes, the national broadcasters keep trying to give us backhanded compliments.

dmoor82
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
For the past two-three days on TNT there has been a small picture displaying the OKC skyline with KD in the lower left hand corner previewing the game tonight!I thought it was pretty cool to see the OKC skyline multiple times over the last few days on National tv!

Watson410
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
especially considering the game isn't even in OKC..

dmoor82
01-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I know I was wondering that also!

Naptown12713
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the last couple of nationally televised OKC Thunder games that an overall view of the Downtown Skyline has 'NOT' been displayed. Perhaps I am catching commercial breaks at the wrong time, but I have noticed that during the times I am watching during the breaks that only individual landmarks have been shown...i.e. State Capital.

If this is by design, do you believe that the Thunder organization and our Chamber of Commerce is behind this skyline shot ommission?

Snowman
02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the last couple of nationally televised OKC Thunder games that an overall view of the Downtown Skyline has 'NOT' been displayed. Perhaps I am catching commercial breaks at the wrong time, but I have noticed that during the times I am watching during the breaks that only individual landmarks have been shown...i.e. State Capital.

If this is by design, do you believe that the Thunder organization and our Chamber of Commerce is behind this skyline shot ommission?

They like to vary up the shots, it is good they show their is more than one thing to shoot in town. I doubt it is anything more than a media crew went around to get stock footage of OKC when they were in town.

HOT ROD
02-28-2011, 02:24 AM
it would be nice if the chamber would give them stock footage to use. I have seen films from them that have some very nice and vibrant urban scenes of OKC.

If the nationals dont want to lift a finger (or just plain don't know what to shoot or where/when to go), then the city/chamber should get behind it because it is a bit small league to keep showing government buildings (ONLY), lower bricktown, and the land run monument (which ONLY enhances the already common stereotypes of OKC not being a real 'city' worthy of a major league team. ...). The ONLY thing that is class is the shots of the water taxis in the urban part of bricktown - but why did they do it when there was no pedestrians walking about???

I think TNT does a better job than ESPN/ABC on OKC's skyline/urban vibrancy. I think not having shots for ABC is the real miss here, since ABC is free and truly national (whereas the others are cable, and therefore not as much/wide a reach).

Is this something that should be mentioned to the city Press Office and/or Chamber/Thunder? I mean, we ARE using the Thunder in part to promote Oklahoma City - why not have some current or at least better shots of OKC's skyline and/or urban scape so people could see what OKC really is.

The capitol is fine to show, but really there is nothing around it and to me, it is NOT reflective of what OKC is; while downtown OKC and it's skyline IS what OKC is.

dcsooner
02-28-2011, 04:41 AM

I do not think the current view of DT would be all that flattering considering all the torn up streets and park areas, Devon construction etc. Maybe the city would prefer to wait until most if not all of the ongoing improvements are completed before sending out images that may detract from all the change occuring in OKC and actually contribute to the current negative image of the city. Let's stop this we're not a small market crap! we are a small market in comparison to 97.3% of NBA cities. If we don't want to be referred to as small than maybe we should do things to jump start the tepid population growth that we have experienced for over two decades

HOT ROD
03-01-2011, 01:52 AM
that's why we're on this forum, dc

also, I dont think anybody is on here saying we're not a small market NBA city; instead we are saying we are not the smallEST.

more like 90% of NBA cities.

Also, the pics I saw on TNT were quite good, and they showed nice screen scapes of downtown. I think this was a year ago, so you can only imagine the city is even better now, if they'd give it a chance. Perhaps the city is behind it - making them wait until devon and more of 180 is complete? ??

But I still think they could show more than just closeups of the Capitol and Land Run monument. ....

dmoor82
03-01-2011, 06:55 AM
To me a bunch of construction and cranes mean progress and momentum!I think if Joe Schmo from???? saw a bunch of construction and cranes he might say-Wow there is alot of things goin on in OKC!I also think The sight of skyscrapers rising is very telling of a city!

kevinpate
03-01-2011, 07:09 AM
How awesome is it that folks are able to kick around whether the repeated references and images to OKC occurring outside the immediate region are current and accurate enough !?!?!