View Full Version : Aspen closing?

Edmond Earl
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I heard Aspen was going out of business and closing. Has anyone heard this? The Edmond location seams busy but maybe other locals are pulling them down.

Spartan
01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Aspen is a chain with a few other locations in other metros and states. I've been to the one at Penn Square and it was always very crowded. It's alright for a pay gym, but the Huff at OU is way better.

Debzkidz
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I can't imagine Aspen closing. Its always packed, it doesn't matter what time of day you drive by the Edmond location.

Bill Robertson
01-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Northwest OKC is always packed too. And the desks signing up new memberships are usually doing pretty well too. The Penn Square location was not doing well for a while and was bought by the manager and has been privately owned for over a year. Aspen still lets them use the name. If another location is "closing" maybe they're going to some arrangement like that?

OkieHornet
01-12-2011, 08:51 AM
where did you hear they were going out of business and closing?

i've been a member for over 3 years at the edmond location and it's always busy.

hipsterdoofus
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I can't imagine a gym closing right after the new year - its their best time!

Rom
01-12-2011, 11:35 PM
the current owners of the gym in Aspen don't care much for the customers and will not go out of the way for them whatsoever. I hope it doesn't close because I am a member there, but it wouldn't surprise me.
I know the one in Tulsa closed the last few months.

janejane
02-21-2011, 08:56 AM
I heard Gold's Gym bought all of the Aspen Athletic Clubs in OKC and they will all turn to Gold's soon enough

OkieHornet
02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I heard Gold's Gym bought all of the Aspen Athletic Clubs in OKC and they will all turn to Gold's soon enough

where did you hear that?

Urban Pioneer
02-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Gold's is awesome.

Rom
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
March 1 it will turn into a Gold's Gym

ExtremistPullup
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I heard they are closing the Edmond Apsen its costing them more to rent and run it then they are bringing in.

Also I heard they are building a gold on memorial.

hipsterdoofus
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Wow...Gold's Gym...haven't heard that name since the old one on the side of Sam's at Memorial & Broadway

janejane
02-22-2011, 07:29 AM
I heard they are closing the Edmond Apsen its costing them more to rent and run it then they are bringing in.

Also I heard they are building a gold on memorial.

I was @ the Edmond Aspen last night and heard more talk about it transforming into a Gold's - besides our gym needs some updated workout equipment

Bill Robertson
02-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Gold's is opening two OKC locations. One on Memorial in the old Sportsmans Warehouse and one on NW Expressway in the old Circuit City. That's been in the news, on Gold's web site and signs are up on the buildings. Haven't seen a thing except on here about Aspen changing names.

mtpinto
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Tonight I was told that Golds takes over Edmond Aspen on March 1st. I also heard they are going to try to get all members to pay 29/mo. Too bad for me since I've got a sweet yearly rate after finishing up a 3 yr contract.

OkieHornet
03-02-2011, 09:44 AM
last night they put up a banner with gold's gym on it over the outdoor building aspen signage and all the employees were wearing gold's t-shirts. i got an email saying gold's had bought aspen edmond and were going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of improvements to the facility. no mention of dues going up/down/stay the same, etc... i'm sure more of that info will surface shortly.