View Full Version : Online Petition to Save the Skelly in Downtown Tulsa

natedog784
08-18-2004, 04:31 PM
This is a link to an online petition to help try to save the Skelly Building at 4th & Boulder in Downtown Tulsa. Please sign in and send an email to everyone you know and aske them to sign too. It doesn't matter where they are from.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Skelly/petition.html

The Tulsa World, the daily paper which owns the building, has decided to level it and another building for a surface level parking lot and heating and air conditioning unit which will partly destroy the urban fabric of the downtown.

The building was constructed in three stages in 1913, 1915, and 1929. It is 9 stories and is the former headquarters of Skelly Oil. The top three floors are are art deco and that portion was also designed by Bruce Goff, the famous Oklahoma architect who worked on both Boston Ave. United Methodist Church in Tulsa and Shin'en Kan in Bartlesville. Again, please sign the petition to not only save this historic, irreplaceable building, but also to help your fellow Oklahoma sister city keep her downtown intact.

downtownguy
08-18-2004, 08:26 PM
I've added this petition link to my blog. There's been a lot of interesting discussion about this on www.tulsanow.org/forum - a site similar to this for Tulsans. It seems they've noticed how the gold dome was saved here, and are hoping they can have similar success.
-The Downtown Guy
www.downtownguy.blogspot.com

Patrick
08-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Hey Nate,

Thanks for posting the online petition here. All of us down here in Oklahoma City support your efforts to try to preserve one of your historical structures in downtown Tulsa. The new proposal for the Skelly Building looks promising though...I hope the Tulsa World will accept the offer.

Keep protesting. Multiple protests helped save our Gold Dome here in Oklahoma City.