View Full Version : Things to do in OKC this weekend...

BricktownGuy
01-10-2011, 07:56 PM
anyone know of a good website to go to... to find about OKC events this weekend?

I have googled around.. but didnt find much at all.

there isnt a thunder game friday or saturday night. no hockey game.

I planned on going to warren theater... but was looking for a few more activities.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Spartan
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
There will be a good amount of free live music this Friday night in the Plaza District.

BricktownGuy
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
where exactly is that and what type of music? (I will be a OKC vistor)

is that indoors ? outdoors???

metro
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Brick town guy, go to Bricktown

dankrutka
01-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Check wimgo.

G.Walker
01-11-2011, 07:53 AM
www.visitokc.com

ouguy23
01-11-2011, 07:56 AM
wimgo.com is a great resource for info on what going on. good luck buddy.

warreng88
01-11-2011, 08:03 AM
where exactly is that and what type of music? (I will be a OKC vistor)

is that indoors ? outdoors???

Here is the website:

http://www.plazadistrict.org/live.html

BricktownGuy
01-11-2011, 11:38 AM
thinking to stay at the hampton inn in Bricktown. looking like about $130 - $150 a night. is there some other nice place to stay with similiar or better pricing. I have searched online.... already... was just wondering the consensus opinion here.

metro
01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Skirvin you can get for about $150 if you book on a travel site

BricktownGuy
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
would you rank Skirvin higher than the Hampton?

rondvu
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
No comparison. The Skirvin hands down. Here is an article showing it's rating. http://newsok.com/skirvin-manager-stepping-down/article/3531298

BricktownGuy
01-11-2011, 12:46 PM
yeh, I figured that when I visited the website... now I will try and find openings at the hotel. :)

betts
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
thinking to stay at the hampton inn in Bricktown. looking like about $130 - $150 a night. is there some other nice place to stay with similiar or better pricing. I have searched online.... already... was just wondering the consensus opinion here.

When I rented rooms over Thanksgiving for guests, the Skirvin was cheaper than the Hampton Inn. Everyone loved staying there.

okclee
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM

I will second for the Skirvin if you like that type, meaning a first class hotel. The Colcord too, but better to wait until the construction is finished in and around this hotel.

Or you could try staying in Midtown, save some money and this way you could be in between both Bricktown and the Plaza, while enjoying the Midtown district.

I would recommend the Century Hotel on n.w. 9th. the best hotel in Midtown too.

Excellent rates, unbelievable ambiance, tell them okclee sent you. j/k

Steve
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Unbelievable... yeah, that's about right okclee.
BricktownGuy, pay attention to that j/k note

Spartan
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I will second for the Skirvin if you like that type, meaning a first class hotel. The Colcord too, but better to wait until the construction is finished in and around this hotel.

Or you could try staying in Midtown, save some money and this way you could be in between both Bricktown and the Plaza, while enjoying the Midtown district.

I would recommend the Century Hotel on n.w. 9th. the best hotel in Midtown too.

Excellent rates, unbelievable ambiance, tell them okclee sent you. j/k

Hey, I hear they take cash up front now and do hourly room rates. The Skirvin got nothing on that..

betts
01-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Pick up a Gazette when you arrive. They've got lots and lots of activities listed. Places I'd consider eating (personally): Stella, McNellie's, Iguana Grill, Red Prime, Paseo Grill, the Wedge, In the Raw, Trattoria Il Centro, and I'm sure other people will have other suggestions. Stop by Coffee Slingers for the best latte you'll get anywhere (in my opinion) and a pastry from Prairie Thunder. The OKC Art Museum usually has interesting exhibits and a good museum shop.

ljbab728
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Skirvin you can get for about $150 if you book on a travel site

Metro, it's not necessary to go to a travel website to get rates like that. They actually have even lower rates if you don't mind an advance payment nonrefundable reservation. Their rates are available through most normal channels.

BricktownGuy
01-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Pick up a Gazette when you arrive. They've got lots and lots of activities listed. Places I'd consider eating (personally): Stella, McNellie's, Iguana Grill, Red Prime, Paseo Grill, the Wedge, In the Raw, Trattoria Il Centro, and I'm sure other people will have other suggestions. Stop by Coffee Slingers for the best latte you'll get anywhere (in my opinion) and a pastry from Prairie Thunder. The OKC Art Museum usually has interesting exhibits and a good museum shop.

Where are most of these restaurants located? in Bricktown? I was thinking to pick one good place from something on Lake Hefner... who out there has good food and good selection?

betts
01-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Stella and McNellie's are in Midtown, on Walker. Iguana is on 9th just east of Broadway. Red Prime is on 4th and Broadway. Paseo Grill is in the Paseo, off 28th and Walker. Trattoria Il Centro is in the Montgomery Building, and In the Raw is in Bricktown. My favorite place to eat on the lake is Redrock.

BricktownGuy
01-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Are Gopuram/Ajanta (Indian food) still open? Whats the best in that category now?

kevinpate
01-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Are Gopuram/Ajanta (Indian food) still open? Whats the best in that category now?

Gopuram is still at 4959 NW 23rd
website gives their hours: http://www.gopuramtasteofindia.com/
Been awhile since I last went, but I remember as being rather tasty