View Full Version : Your Parents

bucktalk
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Okay - so let the truth be told. Who did most of the discipline when you were growing up? Dad? Mom? Other?

For me - Dad spanked, Mom scolded and grounded.

skyrick
01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Okay - so let the truth be told. Who did most of the discipline when you were growing up? Dad? Mom? Other?

For me - Dad spanked, Mom scolded and grounded.

My dad left us when I was 7 (1961); mom was always out clubbing. I was raised by wolves.

ljbab728
01-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Dad, for sure. He literally had a razor strap and used it. Our trees sometimes ran out of switches too. LOL

papaOU
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Dad used a belt. He would double it, take you by arm and beat heck out of you (not abusive). Mom grounded us.

bucktalk
01-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Did you disipline your kids with the same method in which you were disciplined? I think I gave a little more grace to my kids than I got from my parents...

kevinpate
01-10-2011, 06:35 AM
folks were appropriate w/ discipline and Kersey was too most times, but that lil' angel was actually a she-devil with a halo. She'd send you to fetch yer own switch, and lawd hep ya if you brung back a puny one.

I miss her all the same.

Bill Robertson
01-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Neither parent ever laid a hand or anything else on any of us. We were perfect children. LOL. Mom was the discipline giver. A look from her was all it took.

PennyQuilts
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Raised by my mom who lived with her parents. She never did anything but her mother (my grandmother) was hell on wheels. HIDE THE HAIRBRUSHES.

RealJimbo
01-12-2011, 08:25 PM
After one spanking from Dad, Mom took it the rest of the way and that was all it took.

T-rex
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Dad, for sure. He literally had a razor strap and used it. Our trees sometimes ran out of switches too. LOL

same here, dad used it liberally on me (i probably deserved it), i used to hide them, he'd always have one when he needed one, i'd always go check my hiding place, all would be accounted for, much later i learned he had a barber friend downtown close to where he worked, the barber had an endless supply of them for dad

MadMonk
03-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Mom at first and Dad if required (rarely, but it did happen). Ususally in the order of open hand, switch and the occassional belt if I really screwed up (one time when I was a bit older, my mom attempted to spank me with her hand and I laughed - woe unto me that day!)

PennyQuilts
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Mom at first and Dad if required (rarely, but it did happen). Ususally in the order of open hand, switch and the occassional belt if I really screwed up (one time when I was a bit older, my mom attempted to spank me with her hand and I laughed - woe unto me that day!)

Yeah, the day that comes, you better give it up. When I taught junior high they asked me if I wanted to be responsible for corporal punishment. Are you kidding me? Many of those kids - most of them - were bigger than I was. I'd have looked like a miniature poodle attacking a swingset.

MadMonk
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah, the day that comes, you better give it up. When I taught junior high they asked me if I wanted to be responsible for corporal punishment. Are you kidding me? Many of those kids - most of them - were bigger than I was. I'd have looked like a miniature poodle attacking a swingset.

LOL, I think I was 13 or 14 and my mom was a good 3 inches shorter than I was at the time. By that time I was (ahem) getting rather used to recieving swats from the football coach in shop class and her hand was nothing. My dad thought it was funny and told me to just fake it next time.