View Full Version : I'm looking for non-coin-op pool tables in a smoke-free environment, or well-vented.

Joe Kimball
01-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Good evening, everyone. I have a bit of a "tall order", and frankly, I'm asking here because I'm stumped:

I'm wondering where exist pool tables in the metro that are not coin-operated; i.e., larger ones with drop pockets or otherwise immediately-retrievable balls (for games that involve spotting such as cut-throat, etc.), in an environment that is smoke free, or at least with adequate ventilation.

A good option for such has been Heritage Lanes. However, the tables are coin-operated. I'm sick of sticking to eight-ball and games tailored to such tables with their limitations.

Slick Willies and their ilk are out, I'm afraid. Not only are they not smoke free that I know of, they've gotten kind of run down in recent times (A pool hall running down? You don't say! :) ).

There are a couple decent-enough places I've been to in the metro with large tables, but again, not smoke free.

So I'm wondering if there are any places around y'all know of that don't strictly do pool as a main business, but have some large tables for rent? I'll accept if it's a smoke friendly establishment that has good ventilation.

Thunder
01-08-2011, 11:59 PM
There is one in MWC across TAFB on Midwest Blvd. It is just off of 29th. On the east side of Midwest Blvd. They have many different pool tables and the air quality is good considering it is smoke-friendly (I think). I don't remember that part if smoking was allowed inside or not, but it is a decent place. Try it.

usmbubba
01-09-2011, 07:36 AM
There is one in MWC across TAFB on Midwest Blvd. It is just off of 29th. On the east side of Midwest Blvd. They have many different pool tables and the air quality is good considering it is smoke-friendly (I think). I don't remember that part if smoking was allowed inside or not, but it is a decent place. Try it.

If you are referring to the one next to Andy's it's been closed fo over a year now

Thunder
01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
If you are referring to the one next to Andy's it's been closed fo over a year now

I do not know. Just been there once last year or so when dad was in town. Bro suggested that place, so we went.

Tedski
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
809 Sportsgrill on NW Xway and May has two high end tables and is non smoking.

bombermwc
01-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Thunder is talking about JT's, or TJ's (whichever way it was). Except it was VERY Smoky and quite nasty in there. Yeah you played pool just fine, but you smelled to high heaven when you left.

Jamiaca Joe's on 15th isn't bad if it's not a busy night. Otherwise they were pretty smoky too. Basically, I think they're treated like bars...you drink, you play pool, you smoke. Since you can't really wall off a smoking section (nor would they want to), the whole place becomes a smoking section.

I actually doing remember Slick Willey's, on West Reno being that bad last time I went....although it's been 10 years.

Thunder
01-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I went once during the day and there was only one or two other group of people there, maybe that is why. Most likely in the evening is when the real action with the place being packed. I guess go during the day? If they are still open.

dismayed
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Free Won't, try Coach's in Norman on Main Street. Actually it's their annex next door, different name that escapes me but if you can find Coach's you've found it. You can rent tables by the hour there and it is smoke free.

http://www.coachsbrewhouse.com/

Joe Kimball
03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I just now saw this---thanks for the tips! I'll keep them handy when I get back in the bounce of playing pool; spring fever has hit rather hard this year after the blizzard(s!).