View Full Version : Looking to move midtown/DT

icecold
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Will some of you help lead me in the right direction on places to rent either midtown or possibly DT. Would be just me and price range around +/- $750 or so. I know there are the ususal Park Harvey and Deep Duece etc, but was curious if there were any gems that you all might know of. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

BBatesokc
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I've seen some neat looking studio & 1 bed units advertised on Craigslist. One that caught my attention was around 12th and Francis.

metro
01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Iv got a condo in Midtown for 70K, just remodeled. PM me if interested

adaniel
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I've seen some neat looking studio & 1 bed units advertised on Craigslist. One that caught my attention was around 12th and Francis.

I think you're referring to this place.

http://www.oig.biz/claremont/

To the OP, there are things out there in DT and Midtown, but at 750 you may be a bit limited. The definitions of downtown and midtown differ, but if you could expand your area to as far east as Classen and far north as 23rd, and maybe even the Jefferson Park/N Robinson area you will find a lot more in the $700-$800 price range. For example here's a great place near Classen SAS:

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/apa/2132641788.html

Keep an eye out on craiglist and the gazette. Also, you may want to check out some of the (former) Banta properties.

Welcome to the 'hood!

Spartan
01-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I wonder what will happen to the vacant lot right next to that apartment on 18th, where a fire burnt down one of those buildings. That used to be such a great street, with the continuity of the apartment buildings on both sides of the street and the school building dead ahead. Classen SAS has a very urban look I've always liked, with old furnace towers, big front steps, etc. That fire was a shame..

BG918
01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
metro, do you own your condo downtown? What building is it in?

CuatrodeMayo
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I wonder what will happen to the vacant lot right next to that apartment on 18th, where a fire burnt down one of those buildings. That used to be such a great street, with the continuity of the apartment buildings on both sides of the street and the school building dead ahead. Classen SAS has a very urban look I've always liked, with old furnace towers, big front steps, etc. That fire was a shame..

There was actually two buildings there. One burned and was demo'd, the other was just demo'd. I believe they are being replaced with a parking lot for the school. Very sad, I agree.

Spartan
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
There was actually two buildings there. One burned and was demo'd, the other was just demo'd. I believe they are being replaced with a parking lot for the school. Very sad, I agree.

A parking lot..wow. It's an arts/IB school, can't someone just seminar them to death and guilt them into using public transit to get to school?

icecold
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Pretty sure there are going to be some new apartments built there. Think hip and modern.

Spartan
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Pretty sure there are going to be some new apartments built there. Think hip and modern.

Oh man. Is this a tease, or are you just assuming?

icecold
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Oh man. Is this a tease, or are you just assuming?

Not assuming. Saw plans. 2 buildings, 3 story, 25 total units. Private balconies. Looks awesome.