View Full Version : Chesapeake Energy

Thunder
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Rumor has it that Chesapeake Energy is planning a 52-Floor tower a block away from Devon Tower. Right now, the Midwest Wrecking is clearing the ground for it. I asked if Chesapeake Energy announced their plans, but the answer was no. I also asked when work will be started on the structure, but that info is not available. Probably whenever Devon finish using Flintco and Dolese.

So, lets get this started! Another high-rise skyscraper for OKC!

Move this to OKC Metro Area Talk. This is a major development. It is all a Hush-Hush, but a secret this huge can not remain hidden any longer. People must start digging up more info and get the juices flowing!

Before people ask how I know. A friend works for Dolese Concrete (currently working for Devon) and this news has been circulating in the workforce there for quite a while. He does not know much any more than he had told me already. The block area is in the process of clearing out and an announcement will soon come when Dolese is capable of taking in more work for the Chesapeake Energy tower.

ljbab728
01-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Rumor has it that Chesapeake Energy is planning a 52-Floor tower a block away from Devon Tower. Right now, the Midwest Wrecking is clearing the ground for it. I asked if Chesapeake Energy announced their plans, but the answer was no. I also asked when work will be started on the structure, but that info is not available. Probably whenever Devon finish using Flintco and Dolese.

So, lets get this started! Another high-rise skyscraper for OKC!

Move this to OKC Metro Area Talk. This is a major development. It is all a Hush-Hush, but a secret this huge can not remain hidden any longer. People must start digging up more info and get the juices flowing!

Before people ask how I know. A friend works for Dolese Concrete (currently working for Devon) and this news has been circulating in the workforce there for quite a while. He does not know much any more than he had told me already. The block area is in the process of clearing out and an announcement will soon come when Dolese is capable of taking in more work for the Chesapeake Energy tower.

Thunder, this is silly. If someone wanted to start building another skyscraper downtown, they wouldn't have to wait until the Devon Tower was finished. There is plenty of concrete processing ability in OKC to handle more than one building. And Chesapeake wouldn't be spending millions of dollars on their campus if they were going to locate elsewhere. I don't care how many rumors are happening at Dolese, this isn't going to happen.

redrunner
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Thunder
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Thunder, this is silly. If someone wanted to start building another skyscraper downtown, they wouldn't have to wait until the Devon Tower was finished. There is plenty of concrete processing ability in OKC to handle more than one building. And Chesapeake wouldn't be spending millions of dollars on their campus if they were going to locate elsewhere. I don't care how many rumors are happening at Dolese, this isn't going to happen.

I knew this will happen with the initial reaction, so this is why I am quoting the above post for record when the time comes to reflect onto the past regarding what you had said. :-)

True, Dolese have plenty of processing facilities, but the Devon Tower is not the only project they are working on. I have no clue how many places Dolese is currently involved with. Now, what you are failing to recognize is the possibility of Chesapeake Energy may just want to wait for the massive majority of concrete work on the Devon Tower to be completed.

I am not sure of the specific location, but I was clearly told, "one block over," by this friend currently working for Dolese. He described the block is being cleared by Midwest Wrecking and that it is the only logical sense for the location of the Chesapeake Energy tower. Now, can someone investigate on this specific block area?

I would not be surprised if this has been in the planning for quite some time. Obviously, Chesapeake Energy inquired about concrete work with Dolese. Since they had done that and employees at Dolese learned about this and to be ready for the next skyscraper project, then it should not be long before the announcement of the new tower with the unveiling of the models.

We have Steve Lackmeyer with NewsOK having all these resources at his disposal. Surely he can pry info from someone...somewhere. I'd suggest starting with Dolese and talk to the people there about what they know. Steve and a few others on here have Inside contacts/sources with the city to learn about this secret that Chesapeake Energy wanted to keep hidden.

It is no longer a secret since I blew it wide open and OKCTalk has the exclusive. Now it up to Steve, Doug, and whoever else with the resources to progress this discussion further. Remember, nothing is impossible, and obviously this is not impossible. Just because Chesapeake Energy is spending millions on their campus does not mean they can not have a skyscraper. There is always room for expansion and this is a perfect time for them to be doing so.

bombermwc
01-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Um, hey dufus. Why would CHK still be building new structures on their current campus if they were going to do that? Not to mention the fact that they said long ago that they chose to use the campus model rather than a tower....and uh, it's worked out amazingly well for them. Whatever your source was (which i'm betting is the thing you sit on), it's wrong....very very very.....very very very.....so sadly....wrong.

Midtowner
01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
It's okay guys, this comes from a MadLib.

Rumor has it that __company name 3____ is planning a 52-Floor tower a block away from __Company name 2_____ Tower. Right now, the Midwest Wrecking is clearing the ____noun____ for it. I asked if ___company name 3___announced their plans, but the answer was no. I also asked when work will be started on the structure, but that info is not available. Probably whenever __company name 2___ finish using Flintco and Dolese.

So, lets get this started! Another high-rise ___noun___ for OKC!

Move this to ___place___. This is a major development. It is all a Hush-Hush, but a secret this _noun____ can not remain hidden any longer. People must start digging up more info and get the __noun___ flowing!

Before people ask how I know. A friend works for ___company name_____ (currently working for ___company name2____) and this news has been circulating in the ___noun____ there for quite a while. He does not know much any more than he had told me already. The block area is in the process of clearing out and an announcement will soon come ___company name 1_____ is capable of taking in more work for the ___company name 3____ tower.

semisimple
01-05-2011, 08:32 AM
I heard it was gonna be 100 stories. Seriously. Tallest building west of the Mississippi.

metro
01-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Thunder, its official you are the most gullible person in OKlahoma

ultimatesooner
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I heard it was going to be 120 stories and they were also going to build a Dubai palm island in Lake Hefner

Thunder
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
You guys should not derail this serious development discussion. If there is nothing good to say, then do not post. This very discussion will become a part of history to reflect back on when this project explode into another high rise for OKC. I am going to try to find out where this specific block area and see if I can take some pictures soon.

kevinpate
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Friends don't let friends drive drunk. They do however let anyone pull yer chain.

icecold
01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
LOL.....waiting for the concrete.....I guess they are waiting for the shovel that they are using at the Devon Tower to dig the piers at the new CHK tower too....Great news thunder. Traffic around western sucks now anyway. Sooo no leaks from CHK or any engineers or architects but a concrete worker who probably doesnt speak English. Surprised the Journal Record hasnt picked up this story.

THIS JUST IN.....A homeless man just told me they are going to build a new 10 lane I40 a block over from the new I40. They are just waiting on spray paint so they can mark off where to work. Save this post. It will be historic.

Midtowner
01-05-2011, 11:50 AM
You guys should not derail this serious development discussion.

I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned. You pulled the same thing with Crossroads Mall. No one is entertained by your made up rumors. What you are doing is not clever or funny.

semisimple
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
I did (seriously) see today that Chesapeake signed a lease on some space in downtown Austin.

Gee, maybe they are planning to move their entire operation out of OKC?

Sorry, Thunder. Looks like Austin is getting the new 100-story skyscraper.

Thunder
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Sooo no leaks from CHK or any engineers or architects but a concrete worker who probably doesnt speak English.

Why would there be leaks? There is a reason why the project, as my friend said, is all in a Hush-Hush mode. Btw, since I only speak English, your accusation of my friend speaking in another language is just weird. If he was speaking Spanish, I wouldn't understand him.

I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned. You pulled the same thing with Crossroads Mall. No one is entertained by your made up rumors. What you are doing is not clever or funny.

I don't know what your problem is. The Crossroads discussion is merely me thinking positively and hoping that the mall revive back up. This is entirely different. I've asked Steve to check into this to see if he can find any more info.

All I am doing is passing on the info. All I ask is someone to check into it and see what can be found. This is plainly simple. He did say a block is being cleared out, so why has there been zero discussion on that? No one know anything... So, check into that and see why a block is being worked on by Midwest Wrecking. Just simple things to investigate, kids, no need to post rude comments.

kevinpate
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Laddie, it's really not that folks mind when you drink the kool-aid. It's just folk worry when you seem to use vodka rather than water to mix up a quart or four.
But hey, a certain amount of delusion is probably a touch healthy, and as such things go, this one does seems fairly tame.

Pete
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I think your Dolese friend may be confusing Chesapeake with SandRidge. SandRidge is using Midwest Wrecking to clear several buildings next to the tower it bought from Kerr McGee (through Chesapeake).

There is no immediate plan to build anything there but SandRidge has said they might want to add another tower later.

ljbab728
01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I think your Dolese friend may be confusing Chesapeake with SandRidge. SandRidge is using Midwest Wrecking to clear several buildings next to the tower it bought from Kerr McGee (through Chesapeake).

There is no immediate plan to build anything there but SandRidge has said they might want to add another tower later.

You're exactly right, Pete. There is no other significant clearing being done anywhere else near the Devon Tower now unless they decide to build a skycraper in the middle of the Myriad Gardens, LOL. This is just another example of a game that we used to play when I was young. You started out with a group of people in a circle and one person whispered something into the ear of the person next to them and then each person was supposed to tell the same thing to the next person. The fun was seeing what came out of the mouth of the last person in the circle to see how much the story had changed.

ljbab728
01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I knew this will happen with the initial reaction, so this is why I am quoting the above post for record when the time comes to reflect onto the past regarding what you had said. :-)

Thunder, I hope you also save your own posts for the record to reflect on the past when this doesn't happen.

easternobserver
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

This is awesome. Exactly what I did when I read this post.

Pete
01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Just to be sure, I double-checked all the demolition permits and there hasn't been anything issued for the downtown area apart from the SandRidge properties.

Thunder
01-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm going to ask Pete, and only Pete, how likely is it for SandRidge to build a 52-Floor skyscraper in the near future? I'm thinking that the employees at Dolese got the names mixed up. Here to hoping a new skyscraper coming up from SandRidge.

bombermwc
01-06-2011, 06:46 AM
I'll rename myself Pete for a minute here....NOT BLOODY LIKELY. Sandridge doesn't fill their current building just as KMG didn't. People forget that by the time they left, they had less than 200 people on a couple of floors there. It's a leased office space building....whoopie. An ugly one at that. Plus, hello.....Devon is emptying out a ton of office space ALL OVER downtown. It's already pre-built-out for an energy company....as in tailor made for someone like that.

Plus Sandridge isn't Devon....they don't have this huge pile of cash that they can do whatever they want debt free. Now if they want to built another tower, I'll gladly do a happy dance and move on...but why would they? Devon grew so much they had to lease space in what, 6 different buildings. They are consolidating to one site for several different reasons. Sandridge already fits, and will fit, in one building for quite some time. Maybe in another 10 years (if they haven't been bought and moved to Houston), if they do some aqusitions, we'll see s possibility. Just not now.

metro
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Thunder, when do you have time to sack groceries at Crest?

OKCisOK4me
01-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I think Thunder's groceries got sacked at Dolese...

Pete
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
SandRidge has more than enough room in the old KM Tower.

While Chesapeake has about 3,000 OKC employees and Devon 2,600, SandRidge has less than 1,000. So, the 30-story SandRidge Tower is plenty of space for now.

OKCisOK4me
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
So we can go ahead and lock this thread now, right Pete?

CuatrodeMayo
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Don't feed the troll.

icecold
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Why would there be leaks? There is a reason why the project, as my friend said, is all in a Hush-Hush mode.

If this project is so "hush hush" why would a concrete worker know about it. :doh:

Thunder
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Pete, I will let him know about it.

MustangGT
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
If this project is so "hush hush" why would a concrete worker know about it. :doh:

Or Thunder. Stupid is as stupid does.