View Full Version : Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

Rover
01-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Which housing project is this? Are there actual plans? Is this the one across from the ALOFT?

betts
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Was there an article on this today, or did you watch the City Council meeting? I watched part of the meeting and didn't hear anything about it.

king183
01-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Was there an article on this today, or did you watch the City Council meeting? I watched part of the meeting and didn't hear anything about it.

Spartan mentioned in the other TIF thread that they gave McKown that money for his Maywood apartment development. I think he was watching the meeting live.

shane453
01-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes, it is the 2nd/3rd/Walnut project. "Center City Apartments" 228 units, $18 million, complete by mid-2012.

warreng88
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I posted the full JR article in this thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24189

Rover
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks

Spartan
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, it is the 2nd/3rd/Walnut project. "Center City Apartments" 228 units, $18 million, complete by mid-2012.

That's not the name of it though, but that is the project.

okclee
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
The race is on between the aLoft and the Ideal apartments.

Rover
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
That's not the name of it though, but that is the project.
I think that is what confused me.

Thanks.

shane453
01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I wasn't aware the development had a name- the moniker I put in quotes I figured was a placeholder name. In all official public documents it is referred to simply as Center City Residential Project.

Spartan
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
That might be because the name is going to be somewhat exciting and provocative.

ljbab728
01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
That might be because the name is going to be somewhat exciting and provocative.

So it's going to have some to do with the Lingerie Football League? LOL

Spartan
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
So it's going to have some to do with the Lingerie Football League? LOL

LFL is actually somewhat close, interestingly.

Larry OKC
01-07-2011, 01:35 AM

Someone help me here....The other thread had "Level Urban Apartments". If this is the same project (the TIF amount was the same), not seeing what is "exciting and provocative" or Lingerie Football League sounding about it. Level urban sounds like they reduced a multilevel apartment building to just the ground floor. What is urban about that?

BoulderSooner
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Someone help me here....The other thread had "Level Urban Apartments". If this is the same project (the TIF amount was the same), not seeing what is "exciting and provocative" or Lingerie Football League sounding about it. Level urban sounds like they reduced a multilevel apartment building to just the ground floor. What is urban about that?

same poject

Spartan
01-07-2011, 10:11 PM

It should actually just be LEVEL and his signage is going to reverse the "EL" at the end for the visual effect to of an anagram. I don't know, I'm kinda nerdy and thought it was really cool, but that's just me.

betts
01-08-2011, 06:45 AM
It should actually just be LEVEL and his signage is going to reverse the "EL" at the end for the visual effect to of an anagram. I don't know, I'm kinda nerdy and thought it was really cool, but that's just me.

Actually, now that you point out the anagram and how the signage will look, I think it's cool too. Very minimalist. I do know he had to spend quite some time working around the change in elevation on the block, so perhaps that's why the name came to mind.

Spartan
01-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Actually, now that you point out the anagram and how the signage will look, I think it's cool too. Very minimalist. I do know he had to spend quite some time working around the change in elevation on the block, so perhaps that's why the name came to mind.

I can understand though why some people who aren't nerds like me might be a little unimpressed by the name, but I hope the signage will be able to sell it. You can sell anything with a cool sign. When I start developing lots in OKC I'm going to name a project "Uncle Jethroe's Cabin" (don't worry, it won't be in Deep Deuce) and have a really cool sign that pulls it off.

mcca7596
01-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I can understand though why some people who aren't nerds like me might be a little unimpressed by the name, but I hope the signage will be able to sell it. You can sell anything with a cool sign. When I start developing lots in OKC I'm going to name a project "Uncle Jethroe's Cabin" (don't worry, it won't be in Deep Deuce) and have a really cool sign that pulls it off.

Lol, be careful... you might just get people who shop at Bass Pro thinking they could actually see themselves living downtown.

Rover
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Developing property and marketing are two different arts. Being good at one obviously doesn't qualify one as being good at the other. People need to know what they are really good at and stick with it and let professionals do the other stuff.

Architect2010
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
You're depressing. Dream a little. Geez.

Kerry
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Developing property and marketing are two different arts. Being good at one obviously doesn't qualify one as being good at the other. People need to know what they are really good at and stick with it and let professionals do the other stuff.

But for some reason, even the people who hate the name just can't stop talking about it. Sounds like pretty good marketing to me.

Rover
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
But for some reason, even the people who hate the name just can't stop talking about it. Sounds like pretty good marketing to me.

I doubt anyone outside of a few people on this board are talking about it yet.

And contrary to some opinions, all publicity is NOT good publicity. People talking about something being bad is not good.

Specific to this name, I have no idea if it is a good or bad name, but there certainly are professional ways to find that out. Unfortunately many people use opinion, not science.