View Full Version : esurance

Thunder
01-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Who is using auto insurance by esurance.com? Post reviews here, please.

easternobserver
01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Having been an auto adjuster for quite a while, I did not get a whole lot of good feelings about e-surance. You need to find a good, knowledgable agent who can explain the differences in policy coverages to you. A computer can't do that, and can't be your advocate when an adjuster in a call center several states away is trying to handle your claim. Adjusters hate agents because they advocate for their customers -- as a customer, I'd want that level of service if I ever had a tough claim.

ljbab728
01-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Having been an auto adjuster for quite a while, I did not get a whole lot of good feelings about e-surance. You need to find a good, knowledgable agent who can explain the differences in policy coverages to you. A computer can't do that, and can't be your advocate when an adjuster in a call center several states away is trying to handle your claim. Adjusters hate agents because they advocate for their customers -- as a customer, I'd want that level of service if I ever had a tough claim.

I agree, eastern. And that applies to many other things that people tend to purchase on line now instead of going to local people that they can visit with in person and who are much more likely to have their client's interest at heart. They might save a dollar or two initially, but it could end up costing them substantially more in the future.

Thunder
01-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Wheeler's Insurance (agent for Farmers) in MWC behind the big bank do not have their client's interest at heart. Although, I should go there to get the multi-car discount, since my mother do business there, but they do not allow the default by law the 25/50/25, which is the most cheapest liability coverage allowed in the state. Instead, their requirement is 50/50/50, I think, somewhere at least that and it is costing at least 50% more.

drum4no1
01-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I've been using Ed Dater (state Farm ) for many years. I feel that he has treated me quite well over the years and I get good multi car and good driver discounts..should give him a call and see what he can do to help you

BBatesokc
01-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Geico for me. Never found anyone cheaper.

easternobserver
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
25/50/25 is just not enough to take care of an accident of any significance. Even if you have few assets, you need more coverage. By the way, when I was last pricing auto policies, the difference between 50/100/50 and 100/300/100 was like $17 dollars per policy period. I carry 300/500/250 for not much more. I have my autos with Geico, but would caution someone not experienced with claims against them, because I have had to fight tooth and nail on every claim I have had (none my fault, by the way). Liberty Mutual gave me a quote that wasn't much higher, and likely they will get my business in the near future.

ljbab728
01-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Wheeler's Insurance (agent for Farmers) in MWC behind the big bank do not have their client's interest at heart. Although, I should go there to get the multi-car discount, since my mother do business there, but they do not allow the default by law the 25/50/25, which is the most cheapest liability coverage allowed in the state. Instead, their requirement is 50/50/50, I think, somewhere at least that and it is costing at least 50% more.

Thunder, if you're not happy with one local agency, please shop around. There are many great agencies and insurance agents in OKC who do have their client's best interest in mind.

Thunder
01-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it is hard and I have done that in the past. I do know that when I keep inquiring about insurance at multiple places, they will do a credit check, which will impact the score on my already ruined score. I decided to go with Wheeler Insurance Agency in MWC with Farmers, but they were saying that billings went through a change. It used to be with mom, but I receive my own bill along with multiple car discount, but this time they were saying my coverage will be within mom's bill. She did not want whatever happens to me to affect her policy, so I got my own account, even tho we live together. For now, it is Liability at 50/100/50, which is the agency's minimal. At first I was told $120 down and $59 monthly, but then they changed something (I think the window coverage option removed) and said $100 down, so I guess the monthly payment is at least somewhere $50. I hope it stays that way and not jack up like it did slowly for me previously with no filed claims...was weird. I find it amazing it is that low, cuz I used to have a '79 Chevy Truck with the cost being around $70s and an '84 Dodge Ram being $84. So, yeah, weird the price would be that low, but then again, it just may be that I'm 26 now compared to being 18 long ago.

I will obviously be going for full coverage as soon I have the majority of work done on the truck, cuz I want to be covered for the amount of $$$$$$ I am going to be spending on it.

Oh, another strange thing, I told them to add my mom's name to my policy since she will sometime drive the truck. They said that it is not required since she also has insurance within the same address. Well... If she drive the truck and an accident is at her fault, insurance better cover it.

BBatesokc
01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
I do know that when I keep inquiring about insurance at multiple places, they will do a credit check I've shopped my insurance before and even changed a couple of times. I've never been subjected to a credit check.

How much insurance to carry depends on alot of factors. If I am driving a nicer, newer car at the time then I keep my coverage very high so it will cover replacement. If you're young and are driving a clunker, there really is no need from a financial standpoint IMO. I've been involved in several claims (none against me) or done PI work on behalf of clients and it always works the same. If its a serious accident then you file against the person at fault. If you max them out and you still have bills then you'd better hope you have good uninsured/under insured motorist, because you'll be filing against you're carrier next. Other than that, you're basically out of luck since odds are the driver at fault doesn't have any money to speak of.

kevinpate
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Some folk elect to not carry comprehensive/collision coverage on their older vehicles.
I understand the decision, and choose to do the same on my oldest rides.

Some folk elect to not carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. I don't get that, at all.
It's affordable, and too many folk competing for the lane space on the road either don't have liability coverage or have very inadequate liability coverage.

Some folk elect to not carry medical payments coverage, despite it being reasonably priced, at least in my opinion it is.
I don't really get that decision, for the same reason noted above.

I suppose if one is debating milk for a child or medpay, foregoing medpay makes sense. But if one is debating diiner out for one and medpay, I'd say do yourself and loved ones a major favor and eat a pb&J and stay in to watch a dvd or something that one night a month.

Of course, that same reasoning also applies to having better liability coverage, if only so you can have correspondingly better UM coverage

easternobserver
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
credit inquiries for purposes of rating an insurance policy are not the same type of inquiries and do not have any impact on your credit score.

easternobserver
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
also, remember to have your agent evaluate the customizations you are planning to your truck, because some customizations (depending on the carrier) require a special endorsement or they will not be covered by the collision or other than collision (comprehensive) portions of your policy.