View Full Version : Thunder still not quite to elite status...yet

Easy180
01-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Last night showed they still have a way to go to play with da big boys

A top 10 team for sure but just not on the same par as the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Heat or Celtics...Several teams are aging so by 2013 they can certainly be one of the elite

Definitely not complaining as this team is solid and entertaining just not quite there yet

TaoMaas
01-02-2011, 07:48 AM
You might be right about the Spurs and Heat (and maybe the Lakers), but I don't think the Thunder are that far behind the Mavs or Celtics.

rcjunkie
01-02-2011, 08:00 AM

A top 10 team for sure but just not on the same par as the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Heat or Celtics...Several teams are aging so by 2013 they can certainly be one of the elite

Definitely not complaining as this team is solid and entertaining just not quite there yet

How brutal, a bad game and your'e ready to write them off, true drfination of a "fair weather fan".

betts
01-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm thrilled to be considered "second tier" and be in the mix with Portland, SLC, Denver and Phoenix for a 3rd to 5th seed currently.

www.okcthunderfans.com

OSUMom
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
How brutal, a bad game and your'e ready to write them off, true drfination of a "fair weather fan".

I didn't read it that way. He did say 'yet'. And he never said "I'm done with these bums!" or anything really bad like that.

Andrew4OU
01-02-2011, 11:30 AM
One game does not define a team. It's NBA basketball. We blew out the Lakers in March of 2010 and in game 4 of the first round of playoffs. Who won game 5? The Lakers.

Lord Helmet
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM

No one has really played with the Spurs this season.

bluedogok
01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Considering where this team was just a couple of seasons ago they have really stepped up in status but I agree, they just aren't to elite status yet. I think it is probably too young of a team to expect that yet but I do think it is something they have a chance to attin in the next dew seasons.

Easy180
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
No one has really played with the Spurs this season.

Loss to da Mavs at home w/o Dirk showed how deep the Mavs are (even tho they hung 76 the next night)

Not saying I haven't enjoyed every bit of the last year and a half cause I have...Just saying they aren't quite there but since they are very young there is no rush

Easy180
01-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion

Like saying OSU isn't quite up to elite status in college football...Just being realistic

rcjunkie
01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion

Like saying OSU isn't quite up to elite status in college football...Just being realistic

ONE GOOD GAME-------ONE GOOD SEASON does not make any team "elite", just as ONE BAD GAME-------ONE BAD SEASON does not mean they belong in the bottom tier.

CO-To-OKC
01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
A lot of people were putting the Thunder in the "elite" class before the season started, which wasn't right. I feel that they're in the class of teams like Utah, Atlanta, and Denver. They'll be in the elite class within the next couple of years, but as of right now, they'll probably be seeded anywhere from 3-6 in the Western Conference.

If this team had a legitimate big man, they would be SCARY.

Easy180
01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
A lot of people were putting the Thunder in the "elite" class before the season started, which wasn't right. I feel that they're in the class of teams like Utah, Atlanta, and Denver. They'll be in the elite class within the next couple of years, but as of right now, they'll probably be seeded anywhere from 3-6 in the Western Conference.

If this team had a legitimate big man, they would be SCARY.

Exactly...Wonder who they could nab before the deadline or after the season?

CO-To-OKC
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Exactly...Wonder who they could nab before the deadline or after the season?

There's the problem. Good NBA big men (Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard) don't grow on trees...

Easy180
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
How sweet would this team be if they hadn't backed off the Tyson Chandler deal?