View Full Version : Animal Cruelty

mranderson
03-13-2005, 09:03 AM
If you could set the punishment for animal cruelty, what would it be? Would it be based on the severity of the crime, if the animal died as a result, and how it died?

My answer is it would start at five years in prison plus lifetime ban from animal ownership. IF the animal died, it would be a minimum of 25 years. If it was not severe, it would be a stiff fine and up to a year in prison.

Midtowner
03-13-2005, 09:21 AM
For minors, it would involve psychiatric counseling. Most serial killers start out with animal cruelty.

I'm not sure I'd change the laws on the books where the rest of it's concerned.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I agree with Midtowner on minors with the counseling, perhaps for first timers.

As far as anyone else, only if public flogging were legal....

kellekokid
03-14-2005, 02:13 AM
I agree with Midtowner on minors with the counseling, perhaps for first timers.

As far as anyone else, only if public flogging were legal....

Too very good ideas there....and please don't ask me to be the one doing the counseling cause I would probably get a tad confussed and start the flogging early....oops!
I enjoy watching Animal Planet and anytime they have their shows on animal rescue I'm always muttering kill'em kill'em most of those cases pretty much no mercy as far as I'm concerned
:fighting2

Karried
03-14-2005, 08:28 AM
I can't even watch Animal Planet because I get too upset - if I could, I would do the same to them that they did to the animals. Nothing worse than a defenseless animal being hurt. I can't think about it.