View Full Version : Moe's Place

larrys66diner
12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
During the years I lived in Warr Acres, one of the best places I'd ever found to eat was at the corner of NW 50th and MacArthur! Moe and his wife Melissa owned this fine establishment. There were times that my wife and I enjoyed 3 meals a day in this place!

Nancy was the hostess at that time, and she always knew that we'd sit at Table #11. As soon as she saw us entering the building, she rushed to the table with my Dr Pepper (although I've since switched to Coke, haha) and my wife's iced tea. She generally knew I would order the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, and green beans, so she would usually jot that down ahead of time.

Has anyone been in there recently? If so, can anyone tell me what your opinion is? I'd like to think that everything is still as I remember it!

mburlison
01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Next time I'm up in the City, I want to try this place... I have wanted to for years ! I do remember a similar place at Ann Arbor and 39th, though. (Larry's?)
Just as a side thought, across from Moe's is Taipei Kitchen, really good too.

Larry OKC
01-02-2011, 04:38 AM
There was a Larry's (Steakhouse?) or something like that on 39th but is long gone. If it is the place I am thinking of, they had plate warmers built into the tables. Think a Taco Bell went on that site.

On edit just noticed the 1st post was made by "Larrys 66 Diner" so maybe that was the name of it?

dedndcrusr
01-02-2011, 08:28 AM
There was a Larry's (Steakhouse?) or something like that on 39th but is long gone.

Don't forget Curly's on 39th and MacArthur. It's long gone too. Kind of funny there was a Moe, Larry, and Curly's all within a square mile of each other.

bluedogok
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
There was a Larry's (Steakhouse?) or something like that on 39th but is long gone. If it is the place I am thinking of, they had plate warmers built into the tables. Think a Taco Bell went on that site.
You are correct, Larry's was at 39th & Ann Arbor and closed in the late 90's and a Taco Bell replaced it. I liked Curley's and Mad Cow that replaced it. I know some who like Moe's a lot.

Larry OKC
01-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Curley's was great. They had the best burgers and fries. They had one in Norman on Main street in front of the Wal-Mart that used to be there long ago. Only ate at Mad Cow once (it closed before I could get back to it again). Read in the paper about a month ago, they are opening another Mad Cow (but named differently) up in Edmond someplace?

mburlison
01-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Don't forget Curly's on 39th and MacArthur. It's long gone too. Kind of funny there was a Moe, Larry, and Curly's all within a square mile of each other.

LOL, now that 'has' to be someone's plan !

mburlison
01-03-2011, 06:34 AM
A few months ago, I was up in Oklahoma City for work, and we went over to Edmond to that Mad Cow or whatever it's exact name is, and it was great !