View Full Version : Big Twelve Bowl Games

ljbab728
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Would anyone else agree that the Big Twelve is having a total melt down in bowl games so far except for the great showing by OSU? It is fairly embarassing to this point. Although I can't say that I was totally upset by the wimpy performance by Nebraska as they frolic off to the Big Ten. Now if Texas Tech, A & M, and OU win, the best the Big Twelve can do is four and four and I don't expect that to happen.

Easy180
12-31-2010, 04:36 AM
Found it somewhat humorous Neb goes down to a crap team but I'm sure they weren't exactly pumped about the matchup...Similar situation with OU so I hope they come in with a different tude

ljbab728
01-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Found it somewhat humorous Neb goes down to a crap team but I'm sure they weren't exactly pumped about the matchup...Similar situation with OU so I hope they come in with a different tude

However, as of right now, the vaunted SEC is O and 3.

Spartan
01-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Well no matter how badly the Big 12 can embarrass itself, the Big Ten will take all of the attention in terms of underperforming. Also, I personally think NU's dud should count against the Big Ten and not the Big 12, but whatever.

And K-State just got totally screwed, but who's to say they would have gotten the 2-point conversion, and who's to say they would have won in OT? I think the Big 12 will end up doing as good as anyone, maybe even better than the SEC's record depending on what happens with the Aggies, who are playing well enough as of late to beat anyone.

So far the highest-profile games the Big 12 has played are OU and OSU, all of which were overwhelming wins, so that will help the perception quite a bit. A&M will also be a key part of that.

ljbab728
01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Well no matter how badly the Big 12 can embarrass itself, the Big Ten will take all of the attention in terms of underperforming. Also, I personally think NU's dud should count against the Big Ten and not the Big 12, but whatever.

And K-State just got totally screwed, but who's to say they would have gotten the 2-point conversion, and who's to say they would have won in OT? I think the Big 12 will end up doing as good as anyone, maybe even better than the SEC's record depending on what happens with the Aggies, who are playing well enough as of late to beat anyone.

So far the highest-profile games the Big 12 has played are OU and OSU, all of which were overwhelming wins, so that will help the perception quite a bit. A&M will also be a key part of that.

I agree that KState got a bad call but I think one thing any coach should get across to players before a big game is how to react after scoring or making big plays. You never know how a ref will call things which can be subjective. I suspect the KState player got an earful from Snyder afterwards. And you're right, the Big 12 has looked better and it could be a decent bowl season depending on how A & M does. The Big Ten is easily the biggest embarassment so far even though they beat two Big 12 schools.

Spartan
01-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Well they beat Baylor and Mizzou. I guess they deserve a pat on the back for that. Baylor sucks even with RG3 and Mizzou + bowl has never been a good thing.

Thunder
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
... I'm happy OU finally won a bowl game. :-D That is the only important thing to me (and to a lot of people) than any other schools and how well they are doing. BOOMER!!!

ljbab728
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Well they beat Baylor and Mizzou. I guess they deserve a pat on the back for that. Baylor sucks even with RG3 and Mizzou + bowl has never been a good thing.

And at least the Big 12 hasn't seen anything like the blowout losses like Michigan and Michigan State had. That state is on a roll with bad news.

CCOKC
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I went to the Alamo bowl and must say the OSU fans represented very well. We easily outnumbered the Arizona fans 5-1 being conservative. The largest section of fans they had in the stadium was their band. I am sure the OU fans were the same way.

Spartan
01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I saw an Arizona newspaper column calling the OSU fans "obnoxious."
http://azstarnet.com/sports/football/article_5c769207-6bec-5ae6-aaca-9ecc177505a9.html

ljbab728
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I saw an Arizona newspaper column calling the OSU fans "obnoxious."
http://azstarnet.com/sports/football/article_5c769207-6bec-5ae6-aaca-9ecc177505a9.html

I'm no OSU fan but I didn't see anything he said that would classify them as obnoxious. If wearing gaudy university colored clothing and shouting your school slogans are obnoxious every school in the country would qualify. Maybe the Arizona populace just aren't used to fervent college football fans.

CCOKC
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
That was a pretty realistic portrayal I must say. There were just so many more of us wearing orange than whatever color they wore I can see where they would think it was obnoxious. It almost seemed like a home game.