08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
126 Harrison
owner=Chuck Ainsworth
architect=Rand Elliott
sq. feet=12,512
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/flatironwiki1.jpg

Information & Latest News
9/4/14: Building permit application filed
6/13/14: Owners submit plan for added 3rd level and deck (see last set of renderings below)
3/7/14: Renovation and addition planned (http://newsok.com/insurance-company-eyes-former-oklahoma-city-hotel-as-new-headquarters/article/3940668)
8/16/06: Grant Humphreys plans renovation (http://newsok.com/building-a-perfect-fit-as-downtowns-new-entry/article/2831454)
Links
County Assessor Record (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R020506720)
Gallery

BDP
08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Humphreys couldn’t see how the two-story building, built in 1924, could fit into his plans for a $12 million to $15 million mixed-use development that would place retail, offices and apartments at a new main entrance to downtown, Bricktown, Deep Deuce and the Oklahoma Health Center.

I'm glad he has decided to include the building, but it still blows my mind when our local developers can't instantly see the value in our historic structures, especially in the case where the building in question is the defining structure of the district. It even gets its name from that building. I would hate to have another Belle Isle where the they keep the name, but destroy the namesake.

Maybe OKC's ROI potential is too low, but I know most major cities today would not even consider allowing a development to tear something like that down. And in most cases, it's places like the flatiron that give developments their real value in the first place. To me, it's seems like a natural fit to house a coffee shop, deli, pub, corner store, or even a boutique shop. It's unique shape is exactly what would brand any retail or restaurant business that locates there.

Hopefully, he will realize the added ROI that keeping the building will yield and not only for that development, but for his nearby housing development that will surely benefit from the added character the preserved look will offer. Maybe this will further entrench the potential benefits of preservation and renovation in the minds of Oklahoma City leaders, developers, and the community at large.

metro
08-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I agree. It boggles me how much people say they are "new urbanists" but yet don't adhere to the principle's they speak. Anyhow I'm glad he's keeping it, and by the article, he'll be adding 2-3 stories to it and an underground parking garage!! I'm hoping Steve Lackmeyer went to the OCURA meeting today so he can provide us more pictures and details.

BDP
08-16-2006, 11:22 AM
It makes me a little nervous that he's being so ambitious with it. I don't see what's wrong with it now. Adding stories seems hard to me, but could be very cool if he pulls it off. I just hope he doesn't get into, find that he can't do these things, and then say "well, we couldn't save it". I have seen that happen before. But again, the fact that he's at least finally seen the potential is great. I like the underground parking idea, too.

Did you get that image to come up? Is it on the Oklahoman server?

Pete
08-16-2006, 11:43 AM
http://olive.newsok.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=DOK/2006/08/16/17/Img/Pc0171100.jpg

http://static.newsok.biz/sites/newsok/images/business/a16bus.jpg

http://olive.newsok.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=DOK/2006/08/16/17/Img/Pc0171000.jpg

traxx
08-16-2006, 11:43 AM
I would hate to have another Belle Isle where the they keep the name, but destroy the namesake.

I'm still sick about Belle Isle. That was such a cool landmark and could have been great for an entertainment center. It would have cost a bunch to bring to code, I'm sure, but more than likely would have been worth it had it been done correctly.

jbrown84
08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
My understanding was that the extra stories are part of a completely new addition to the back of the building. You can see that in the last picture. He's not adding on top of it, as you can see in the ground-level rendering.

I really like the sound of this project.

Pete
08-16-2006, 02:49 PM
That design looks really, really cool.

Kudos to Grant Humphries for going to such efforts to preserve the exterior profile of the original building.

We need more developers with the same type of commitment and vision. If the final development is close to these plans, we should all patronize the businesses out of support for doing things the right way!

BDP
08-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I totally agree. That looks great and I think his model of doing it should be followed by more developers. He was unsure about it, but took the time at marginal expense to see what could be done with it and now he'll end up having a signature piece for the area that ties its future with its past.

I really hope this happens and I second Malibu's sentiments.

Luke
08-17-2006, 05:35 AM
Looks cool!

annio
10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
I really like the design! And the fact that it's not the same look as Block 42.

Spartan
10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
What's wrong with Block 42, or as the Oke puts it, Block 4?

annio
10-18-2006, 08:25 AM
What's wrong with Block 42, or as the Oke puts it, Block 4?

Nothing, I really admire its design as well. But I like the fact that the two aren't the same design. Too much of the same gets boring.

metro
10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I talked with Grant H. last week. The old restriction about serving/selling/consuming alcohol on the property should be cleared up within 60 days (hopefully), thus allowing them more time to work on finalizing their plans.

brianinok
10-18-2006, 07:33 PM
That's great news, metro. Grant sure seems to have the right idea on downtown housing. Can we somehow get him on Urban Renewal? I would think he could be a good influence on them.

jbrown84
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
What was this old restriction?

Spartan
10-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Liquor-related. The city used eminent domain on its own property and the issue has been resolved.

The first proprietor of the property placed an alcohol restriction in the deed. It's been cleared.

metro
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Actually Spartan, the issue has not been resolved. As I mentioned a few posts up, I physically met with Grant H. in his office just a few days ago. It will be resolved but the city did not use eminent domain and it is not currently resolved although hopefully will be within 60 days. Yes, it is liquor related. Basically the 2nd owner of the property, Stiles, had a covenant placed on the property nearly 100 years ago that said if anyone sold,consumed, or distributed alcohol on the property, the property would revert back to the original owners or their decendants.

jbrown84
10-22-2006, 01:53 PM
That's wacky.

Midtowner
10-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually Spartan, the issue has not been resolved. As I mentioned a few posts up, I physically met with Grant H. in his office just a few days ago. It will be resolved but the city did not use eminent domain and it is not currently resolved although hopefully will be within 60 days. Yes, it is liquor related. Basically the 2nd owner of the property, Stiles, had a covenant placed on the property nearly 100 years ago that said if anyone sold,consumed, or distributed alcohol on the property, the property would revert back to the original owners or their decendants.

Awesome. That sounds like a property class question on future interests.

I thought that stuff never happened anymore! I'd have to research that, but I think you'd have to quiet title the property, maybe publish notice in the Journal record (putting the unascertained remaindermen on constructive notice that the property was being quiet titled). Then you'd transfer it. This would probably take about 60ish days.

As far as that being a covenant though, and not a "Fee simple determinable," (In other words, the deed transfers "To A and his heirs so long as alcohol is not consumed upon the property." O, or the "original owner" and his heirs would retain a "right of reverter."

Alternatively, if these people who hold the future interest know they have it, they can sell it to whoever they want. So of course, Grant could go buy that future interest.

I don't know about the covenant though. Are you sure it's a covenant and not just a reversionary interest contained in the language of the original deed?

jbrown84
10-22-2006, 03:27 PM
over my head...

Midtowner
10-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Mine too :)

I doubt Grant Humphreys or metro could tell us whether it truly was a covenant, or simply a future interest called a fee simple determinable.

A fee simple is what most of us who own property have. It is the strongest ownership interest there is. It means you have full rights to own the land for an indeterminate period of time.

A fee simple determinable also creates the same perpetual ownership interest except that it specifies a condition that if it does or does not occur, the land automatically reverts to the grantor. The fee simple determinable creates an ownership interest in the grantor called a "Possibility of Reverter." If the condition which was specified in that possibility of reverter occurs on the land, the ownership interest automatically shifts back to the original owner.

Also, with the possibility of reverter, the future interest is alienable. That means that the grantor (the original owner) or his heirs can sell or transfer that reversionary interest.

What's interesting here is that I'm not sure how you get the covenant removed from the land. Those are pretty strong. A possibility of reverter can be sold back to the owner.

As for acquisition by eminent domain? I think we first have to decide that the property is blighted. A recent Oklahoma Supreme Court decision rejected the reasoning of the U.S. Supreme Court in Kelo stating that it was against the Oklahoma Constitution to acquire land by eminent domain for a private use unless the land is considered to be blighted. I would assume that the future interests could also be acquired by eminent domain, but if we have a covenant? That'd be a horse of a different color. Those take a little more to unwind.

Spartan
10-22-2006, 04:26 PM

Yes you are correct, metro. I was a little heavy on the past tense...as Midtowner mentioned eminent domain is a long process, but since this is "friendly eminent domain" I'm sure it will go pretty smoothly regardless of any technicalities.

Midtowner
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
The 2nd owner does not own the reversionary interest though -- that'd be whoever the original owner 100 years ago was.

I'm not sure a future interest can arise out of a covenant, in fact, I'm pretty sure it can't. I'm going to have to say it's just a simple future interest.

The thing is that Stiles doesn't get to be the friendly party here because the future interest isn't being taken from him -- it's being taken from the original owners who are probably difficult to ascertain.

If that's the case, the city can probably publish notice, hope that no one comes forward, then quiet title the reversionary interest away.

That seems feasible, and it works out in my head. I'm not sure if that's the way it works though. It'd take a little research, and it sounds like the city has it figured out (although the municipal lawyers are really terrible in eminent domain proceedings).

Homer
10-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I heard the architects on the Flatiron Lofts projects are working towards a construction estimate set of plans. The project should start construction in summer or fall of 2007.

That will be an awesome entrance into downtown/bricktown. Nice design.

metro
10-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Homer, last I heard initial construction will start before the end of this year, at least on preliminary stuff and the underground parking garage.

brianinok
05-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Development work heating up Flat Iron District

By Steve Lackmeyer
Business Writer

Bert Belanger stands on the roof of his Momentum Building, 111 N Harrison, and sees the future.

He sees the Brownstones at Maywood Park, being built by Belanger and his partners in Triangle Development, rising into the air two blocks south. Just to the east he sees a five-story steel superstructure — the future Block 42 condominiums — being built by developer Grant Humphreys.

The Flat Iron district skyline will be transformed even more with construction of the Lofts at Maywood Park and renovation of the Clark Building, both starting this summer along NE 2.

Just across the street from the Momentum Building, Humphreys is ready to start construction in early 2008 on the Flat Iron Lofts. The development calls for renovation of a two-story Flat Iron building built in 1924 and additions up to five stories to face Walnut Avenue, NE 5 and Harrison.

Not to be outdone, Belanger is looking beyond the renovations wrapping up on the Momentum Building. His idea: to add a two-story addition atop of the offices already being leased to Oklahoma Baptist University and security company American Professional Services.

"It would be built like a tree-house over the building, with 6,600 square feet of glass box out here looking out at the Capitol and downtown,” Belanger said. "We've done all the engineering, and we're costing it right now. We'll know whether it's realistic in the next 45 days.”

Belanger has spent the past year devising a solution to the Momentum Building, which was once home to Mistletoe Express. The building consisted of a two-story office building with a basement and loading docks facing the new 6 Street entrance to downtown from Interstate 235.

"We decided we really had two buildings,” Belanger said. "We had an office building, and a full basement that projects under that and the warehouse. And then we had the warehouse, which we knew we wanted to turn into retail.”

Belanger, whose earlier developments included housing in Paseo, concluded his first task was to address perceptions the once forgotten edge of downtown was not safe. American Professional Services was signed up as his first tenant. The company located its full operations in the basement, and the security officers check in and out of the operation at all hours.

Oklahoma Baptist University leased the second floor, and started MBA classes in January.

Belanger is looking for "service retail,” including a coffee shop, bank and dry cleaners. Humphreys is in discussions with restaurant operators and a small specialty grocer to become anchors at the Flat Iron Lofts.

"We feel confident the retail will happen,” Humphreys said.

Related Information

http://static.newsok.biz/article/3055880/biz-m19-MomentumImage_05-19-2007_103D020.jpg

Bert Belanger, owner of the Momentum Building, 111 N Harrison, is wrapping up renovations that include conversion of former loading docks into the Momentum Market, as shown to the right in this artist's rendering. Belanger is contemplating a two-story glass addition over existing offices on the left. Provided by Bert Belanger

Flat Iron District
The projects
•Momentum Building, 111 N Harrison: Developer Bert Belanger is wrapping up renovations.
•Brownstones at Maywood Park, NE 3 and Oklahoma Avenue: Brick work on the first 15 homes starts later this month.

•Block 42, NE 4 and Central Avenue: Developer Grant Humphreys reports 24 of 42 condominiums have sold.

•Flat Iron Lofts, NE 5 and Harrison: Humphreys plans renovation of the two-story Flat Iron building and construction of new loft towers.

•Lofts at Maywood Park: Construction starts this month on four-story lofts at NE 2 and Oklahoma Avenue.

•Clark Building: Larry and Regina Waters will begin renovation this summer.

brianinok
05-19-2007, 08:04 AM
A dream home in downtown

By Steve Lackmeyer
Business Writer

A suburban couple are aiming to forever alter the downtown Oklahoma City skyline and also fulfill a lifelong dream of living in the heart of the city.

Three years after buying a vacant, old apartment building at 16 NE 2, Larry and Regina Waters are preparing to start a renovation this summer that will include the addition of a 1,500-square-foot penthouse on the roof with glass doors that when open will create a 20-foot-wide expanse onto the surrounding gardens and pool area.

"This will be a structure seen over the tracks,” said Bill Gumerson, whose firm is providing both design and construction on the project. "The addition of this penthouse will be an artistic contribution to the skyline and the community.”

The Waterses, both of Edmond, said they began shopping for a downtown building to renovate and call home years ago. Larry Waters, an accountant, and Regina Waters, a surgical nurse at Integris Baptist Hospital, say they drove downtown almost daily searching for available properties. They once considered buying old automobile dealerships at 1101 N Broadway and 1015 N Broadway, but deemed them too big and too expensive.

Longtime interest
"I've been interested in downtown forever,” Larry Waters said. "I've been looking at buildings for years. We were looking at doing this even before Bricktown really got started.”
The Waterses said the two-story building at 16 NE 2 was just right for their needs. The property includes a small garden area in the rear that includes an old-fashioned, unused wood railroad trestle and large shade trees. Just to the west of the building is a gravel lot that could be converted into parking or used for a new building.

The roof offers views of Bricktown, Deep Deuce, the Oklahoma Health Center, the Flat Iron District and the downtown skyline. However, when the Waterses bought the building three years ago, it also was surrounded by dilapidated buildings and abandoned surface parking lots.

"The joke was, would I feel safe down here?” Regina Waters said. "What would we do down here to make me feel safe? I wanted a security system and a big dog. It was not the most optimal place to live.”

When the Waterses first inspected the property, they discovered it was already "occupied” by a transient named "Mike.”

"He lived here about a year,” Regina Waters said. "He watched over it for us. He was quite pleasant and nice.”

Mike is gone now, and the neighborhood, known as the Flat Iron District, is changing. Two blocks away, the Waterses can see the first 15 units of the Brownstones of Maywood Park under construction. Dirt work has started across the street on what will be the Lofts at Maywood Park. And one block east, the Block 42 condominiums tower over the neighborhood even though they are months away from completion.

The Waterses will retain the property's original name — the Clark Building (named after its first owners). They are looking for more information on the building's history, but know from wall outlines on the second floor that it was once used as apartments. They also know a contractor once leased the first floor of the building, which was built in 1922.

Construction, estimated in excess of $2 million, will start this summer. Plans by architect Bill Dinger and the late Bart Shedeck include creating a new opening to the basement for parking of up to six vehicles. They also may create a small rental loft. The first floor may have offices or retail. Their home would occupy 5,500 square feet on the second floor.

The "green roof,” as it's dubbed, will include plantings of natural grasses, planters with bushes, trees, a grill area and a coy pond. A pool on the south side of the roof will feature an infinity edge where the water will flow over the rim. Eight-foot doors on the penthouse create a 20-foot space open to the green roof.

The Waterses said they're ready for a long-term stay downtown, and look forward to walking down the street for a meal at the Deep Deuce Grill two blocks east of their future home. It's a walk Regina Waters wasn't so sure of three years ago.

"I was scared,” Regina Waters said. "But I don't think we'll have those worries now.

"This area is going to be beautiful.”

http://static.newsok.biz/article/3055878/biz-m18-FlatIronCouple_05-19-2007_MC3CUNM.jpg

Larry and Regina Waters plan to add a balcony to an opening on the second floor of the Clark Building so their future home will include a view of the downtown skyline and Bricktown. By John Clanton, The Oklahoman

foodiefan
05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Four of the units of The Brownstones at Maywood Park have been selected as the 2008 Symphony Designers Show House. Should be a great way to showcase downtown living !!

metro
05-21-2007, 08:56 AM
You beat me to it foodiefan. On another note, I'm surprised they called the Clark building the Flat Iron district, this area was part of the old (and should be new as well) Deep Deuce area.

metro
05-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Here's an update on the Walkers 16 NE 2nd renovation:

Apartment building's conversion advances
Daily Oklahoman

Work is proceeding, though slower than expected, on renovation of an old two-story apartment building at 16 NE 2 into a home for an Edmond couple.
Larry and Regina Waters had hoped to start construction last summer but were delayed by reconstruction of NE 2 and structural designs.

"The shop drawings for the steel are in process,” said Bill Gumerson, whose firm is providing both design and construction on the project.

"We anticipate the steel will be ordered in the next two to four weeks and then the real work begins.”

The $2 million renovation plans include the addition of a 1,500-square-foot penthouse on the roof with glass doors that when open will create a 20-foot-wide expanse onto the surrounding gardens and pool area.

From Staff Reports

metro
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
From Steve's blog today:

- Grant Humphreys is planning to start construction on the Flatiron later this month.

betts
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
From Steve's blog today:

- Grant Humphreys is planning to start construction on the Flatiron later this month.

That's very good news. I'm going to hold him to his promise of a "boutique" grocery store in the building:)

metro
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
How do you plan to do that if he doesn't follow through?

betts
10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Just a joke. The smile didn't come through.

soonerfan21
10-03-2008, 06:35 AM
That Metro . . . always so serious

FritterGirl
10-03-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm excited about this project. It will really add to the area.

Anyone know how it will affect the commuter traffic coming on / off the 6th street area near 235?

metro
10-03-2008, 10:31 AM
That Metro . . . always so serious

sometimes, but I was joking as was betts.

Pete
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I've heard from a reliable source that this project is -- unfortunately -- on hold.

Hopefully it will get back on track sometime next year.

bdhumphreys
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey everyone - thought you all might enjoy this video of the The Flatiron that was just recently released. Enjoy!

imagiNATIVEamerica The Flatiron (http://imaginativeamerica.com/2009/02/the-flatiron/)

gen70
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Awesome vid. Thanks. Where could I get history of bldg.?

metro
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Excellent post and video. Can't wait to see this break ground. Glad to hear an update on the project.

Flatiron (http://www.flatironokc.com/)

wsucougz
02-27-2009, 09:36 AM
This is phenomenal. We've all been excited about this for a long time and it will really set the bar for what is possible.

Hopefully they can meet the lease threshold soon.

warreng88
02-27-2009, 09:36 AM
From the link:

A NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER

Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:03 PM
Subject: THE FLATIRON - A SYMBOL OF RESILIENCE - of our downtown, of our city, of our Oklahoma spirit

Across the nation, the economic crisis has forced many development projects to be put on hold or brought to an end. Yet Oklahoma City, despite some very real economic downturns, continues to prove itself as one of the most resilient markets in America.

After almost three years of design and due diligence, our project known as ‘The Flatiron’ is poised to become a reality. When the construction of this project begins at the gateway of downtown OKC, The Flatiron will deliver the message that Oklahoma City is still in the game. Watching this new 5-story mixed-use project be built will boost confidence in our market and help maintain or increase property values as well. No doubt the Devon Tower will deliver this same message around the world, but we’re the small business version that is ready to go. But we need YOUR help.

We need YOUR help to meet our pre-leasing hurdle. The Flatiron will create more than 73,000 RSF of Class ‘A’ office and retail space ideally located at the gateway to downtown, Bricktown and the Oklahoma Health Center. Our asking rates are $22/RSF (gross) for loft office and $22/RSF (net) for street level retail (with CPI bumps). We need credit tenants willing to sign a 5-year lease. Local tenants are great. Once we’ve pre-leased 50% of this space, we will move towards an exciting groundbreaking event. We want to work with brokers. So bring me a deal. With your help, we can meet this goal . . . and you’ll be the first invited to the party!

All the information you need is available online at Flatiron (http://www.flatironokc.com). You can find floor plans, marketing brochures and a video of the project. Make a point to watch the video. It’s awesome.

Dave Ortloff, our Director of Marketing, is handling the broker relations. He’s here for you. If you’d like to arrange a tour or receive more information about this exciting project, just call Dave at (405) 228-1000 (ext 4). His contact information is also on the website referenced above.

Let’s work together to show everyone that, despite the rest of the nation, the real estate market in Oklahoma City is alive and well. I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Grant

Glad to see that it is back on schedule.

soonerguru
02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Really cool.

Pete
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Really, really hope they can get enough interest to get this thing financed.

However, the current design is much different that was was originally proposed.

Are they keeping any of the current flatiron structure?

warreng88
02-27-2009, 10:27 AM

From the video, it looks like they are hollowing out the Flatiron and making it into some sort of restaurant space. They will also have a glass elevator going through the tip of the building up to a greenspace on the rooftop.

CuatrodeMayo
02-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Really, really hope they can get enough interest to get this thing financed.

However, the current design is much different that was was originally proposed.

Its' not that different Pete. It will remain quite close to the original proposal.

And yes, the oringal building will remain.

mecarr
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:03 PM
Subject: THE FLATIRON - A SYMBOL OF RESILIENCE - of our downtown, of our city, of our Oklahoma spirit

Across the nation, the economic crisis has forced many development projects to be put on hold or brought to an end. Yet Oklahoma City, despite some very real economic downturns, continues to prove itself as one of the most resilient markets in America.

After almost three years of design and due diligence, our project known as ‘The Flatiron’ is poised to become a reality. When the construction of this project begins at the gateway of downtown OKC, The Flatiron will deliver the message that Oklahoma City is still in the game. Watching this new 5-story mixed-use project be built will boost confidence in our market and help maintain or increase property values as well. No doubt the Devon Tower will deliver this same message around the world, but we’re the small business version that is ready to go. But we need YOUR help.

We need YOUR help to meet our pre-leasing hurdle. The Flatiron will create more than 73,000 RSF of Class ‘A’ office and retail space ideally located at the gateway to downtown, Bricktown and the Oklahoma Health Center. Our asking rates are $22/RSF (gross) for loft office and $22/RSF (net) for street level retail (with CPI bumps). We need credit tenants willing to sign a 5-year lease. Local tenants are great. Once we’ve pre-leased 50% of this space, we will move towards an exciting groundbreaking event. We want to work with brokers. So bring me a deal. With your help, we can meet this goal . . . and you’ll be the first invited to the party!

All the information you need is available online at Flatiron (http://www.flatironokc.com). You can find floor plans, marketing brochures and a video of the project. Make a point to watch the video. It’s awesome.

Dave Ortloff, our Director of Marketing, is handling the broker relations. He’s here for you. If you’d like to arrange a tour or receive more information about this exciting project, just call Dave at (405) 228-1000 (ext 4). His contact information is also on the website referenced above.

Let’s work together to show everyone that, despite the rest of the nation, the real estate market in Oklahoma City is alive and well. I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Grant

USG '60
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Awesome vid. Thanks. Where could I get history of bldg.?I am surprised that it's history is not on the site. It is a very interesting history and if no one else puts it up or links to it, I will dig through my archives and find it. It was a butcher shop owned by German immigrants. SURELY is is available somewhere on the web.

soonerfan21
02-27-2009, 11:10 AM
that's not the same building but same type of flatiron on the other side of the intersection. the red one was originally a meat market

gen70
02-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I remember in the 60's and 70's how bad that area of town was and I'am glad to see it's being changed for the good.

soonerguru
02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Why did this thread get moved?

soonerguru
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Nevermind. I get it now.

gracefor24
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I just moved back to OKC from Portland within the last year and the biggest problem I have with the downtown development has been the lack of retail. What good is it to live downtown but still have to drive everywhere? I am so glad that the whole bottom floor of this project is retail.

It is crazy that there is no retail anywhere near Block 42 or the Brownstones, or even down Broadway.

The Pearl District in Portland is a perfect example of what OKC developers should be shooting for.

CuatrodeMayo
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
that's not the same building but same type of flatiron on the other side of the intersection. the red one was originally a meat market

That is Rand Elliott's office.

grantgeneral78
02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Nice production, would be very nice in numerous projects showing what city projects are percieved to be in a low cost but eye catching presentaton.

betts
12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
While looking to see what kind of news MAPS generated, I found the video previously posted here had been put up on Youtube by Dave Ortloff, who's director of sales and marketing for the Humphreys Company. It looks like it was posted 9/23/09 (if I understand correctly), and so I'm wondering if this may actually be getting started reasonably soon.

YouTube - Flatiron Oklahoma City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fy-EFLifBc)

wsucougz
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I was wondering about this yesterday. Thanks.

CuatrodeMayo
12-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I suspect it is still a couple of years out.