View Full Version : An unusual smell in the CBD/Bricktown area a few months ago

Joe Kimball
12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
For all I know, this has passed by now, but I just realized I might ask here to see if anyone else shared a similar experience as I:

There was an overpowering smell, located on the western side of the Bricktown district and the eastern portion of the CBD, that could be described as "yeasty"—especially in the evenings. This odor was predominant around early autumn of this year. Any thoughts or ideas as to what it may have been (or, goodness, may be)?

metro
12-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe the wonder bread factory?

adaniel
12-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about. I thought it smelled more like overcooked fried chicken. I remember leaving a Halloween Party in Bricktown and it was almost overpowering. I'd be interested in theories/explanations.

Platemaker
12-18-2010, 12:42 AM
This is the best thread EVER!

Bigrayok
12-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I have smelled something in the Bricktown area lately that smells like it is coming from rendering plant. I have smelled this same smell since I was a kid in the 1970's when I would travel on I-40 in the Penn to Lincoln area at night. I can smell the Rainbow Bread plant at night usually a little farther north of Bricktown.

Bigray in Ok

Lauri101
12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
The yeasty bread smell has now been supplemented with a rotten sausage smell - it brought to mind the thought of breakfast gone bad at Micky D's. It's at it's worst around 5 AM in vicinity of I-40 and Robinson exit. I've noticed it more lately than ever before.

Thunder
12-18-2010, 02:33 PM
The yeasty bread smell has now been supplemented with a rotten sausage smell - it brought to mind the thought of breakfast gone bad at Micky D's. It's at it's worst around 5 AM in vicinity of I-40 and Robinson exit. I've noticed it more lately than ever before.

Probably excess gas by overly fat customers from McD.

dmoor82
12-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I've been noticing this smell for years but not lately!

Bigrayok
12-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Could it be coming from the Cargill Plant down on Robinson by the River?

Bigrayok

Soho
12-20-2010, 07:07 AM
I believe it is coming from the Producer's Cooperative Oil Mill. The smell seems stronger when the sound of heavy equipment is heard from the buildings.