View Full Version : Must-Know Secret To Losing Weight With Almonds

journeyoflife7
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Studies show that chewing itself causes “fullness.” I’ve also read that chewing gum will demolish your desire for snacks, which in my experience, I find completely true.

Almonds are an interesting way to lose weight. Almonds kick into the system of our physiology affecting hunger and appetite. They help with fat absorption and hormone response. The increased fat in the small intestine causes hormones to release and a feeling of fullness.

Almonds are a great way to lose weight. I personally experimented with them and noticed it lowered my appetite by a mile. Almonds are a great snack to eat as they contain healthy fat, fiber, complex carbs, vitamins and mineral.

Remember people, just do it!

PennyQuilts
12-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Not to rain on your parade but I eat almonds all the time, have read the literature about weight loss and other nutritional benefits but haven't lost either my appetite or any weight. Perhaps it is because we are different ages or have different activity levels. Of course, if I were younger and more active, I don't think this would be an issue. <vbg>

kevinpate
12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
sigh, if only they weren't so danged gross

BBatesokc
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
This seems like a spam bot, but what the hell.

We actually buy a big tub of almonds all the time. I like the protein and it usually subdues my craving between meals.

I don't know about almonds being some sort of diet secret though. Honestly, I find it isn't any more complicated than the total calories in vs. calories out as far as weight goes (not overall health). I don't care where the calories come from as long as I realize when I hit 1500 my day is done.

PennyQuilts
12-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Wish I hadn't just eaten that cinnamon roll with egg nog ice cream on top...

kevinpate
12-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Wish I hadn't just eaten that cinnamon roll with egg nog ice cream on top...

Wish you had shared
<VBG>

corwin1968
12-17-2010, 09:06 AM
One thing you didn't mention is the importance of eating raw, unsalted almonds. These are usually found in the produce section of grocery stores rather than with the cans and jars of nuts. Almonds in a jar or can are usually roasted in oil and heavily salted. This probably adds calories, increases thirst and the salt probably increases your retention of water.

Raw almonds, with an ounce or two of hard cheese and plenty of water, is a great snack or even a meal replacement when you are pressed for time.

PennyQuilts
12-17-2010, 07:32 PM
One thing you didn't mention is the importance of eating raw, unsalted almonds. These are usually found in the produce section of grocery stores rather than with the cans and jars of nuts. Almonds in a jar or can are usually roasted in oil and heavily salted. This probably adds calories, increases thirst and the salt probably increases your retention of water.

Raw almonds, with an ounce or two of hard cheese and plenty of water, is a great snack or even a meal replacement when you are pressed for time.

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.