View Full Version : What team should be relocated and where?

Scout200
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
If you had the ability to relocate a NBA team, where would it be and why?

-Scout

kevinpate
12-15-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd move the Hornets to Tulsa, then pop some corn and watch the board riots.

I'm a lil' sick sometimes

Kerry
12-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I would relocate the Hornets, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Bobcats to the trash can. There are too many teams and the talent pool is too thin.

Richard at Remax
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
I was at the Hornets game last friday when they played the thunder and there was maybe 7,000 people there and everyone I talked to said they didn't care if they left the city cause it's all about the Saints.

OKCisOK4me
12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
The Hornets brand name should be retired so they can resurrect the Supersonics and all those whiney b*&%hes up in the NW USA region can be happy again, lol.

theparkman81
12-16-2010, 07:38 PM
The Hornets brand name should be retired so they can resurrect the Supersonics and all those whiney b*&%hes up in the NW USA region can be happy again, lol.

I agree with you OKCisOK4me, I am sick and tired of those people in NW USA region complaining about losing the Sonics.

z28james
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree with you OKCisOK4me, I am sick and tired of those people in NW USA region complaining about losing the Sonics.

agreed

bombermwc
12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes but if they go back, and to Key Arena, then the NBA would have to admit defeat that they accept Key as viable. So until a new arena plan comes down, you won't be seeing anything in Seattle.

OKCisOK4me
12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes but if they go back, and to Key Arena, then the NBA would have to admit defeat that they accept Key as viable. So until a new arena plan comes down, you won't be seeing anything in Seattle.

Can't they close the roof where the Seahawks play? They should just lay down a basketball court in there like they did in Jerryworld last year.

Kerry
12-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Can't they close the roof where the Seahawks play? They should just lay down a basketball court in there like they did in Jerryworld last year.

That only works if the Seahawks owner owns the basketball team as well. The problem in Seattle is not a lack of places to play basketball, it is a lack of places to play basketball that makes money.

Scout200
12-21-2010, 11:41 AM
IMO Move the Kings to San Jose...
The reasoning behind it is that Sacramento doesn't have an arena nor do they have plans for one... San Jose has an existing NBA quality arena currently used by the sharks in a major market. In this economy especially in California existing arena will be the key to relocation

Move the Clippers to Anaheim
Southern California would be great place for NBA rivalry and separate arena would allow Clips to establish its own fan base and not be as much of a little brother. Again, arena is already in place.

Move the Hornets to Seattle or Kansas City
Seattle is a good sports market and if they can get an arena. It would be good for the NBA to have team to Seattle. Kansas City, who has arena ready, would be back up if Seattle really doesn't want back in then NBA.

HOT ROD
12-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree with the above, but I think the clips should go (back) to San Diego. Although I agree LA metro can support two teams, it would be even better to spread the wealth and get San Diego fired up. Isn't it at least a mid sized market? I know SD has NFL and MLB but I think they could re-support the NBA too, and create a TRUE identity that Orange County/anaheim really doesn't have (basically still LA-sprawl). but yes, if SD didn't want them or couldn't take the Clippers - then it is only natural to split up the LA market and give the clippers to Orange Co.

One other tweak - I think the NBA should return to Vancouver before it does Seattle. While the NBA had done well here - there just isnt the support for an arena unless it is privately funded. That might happen, in Bellevue - near to where Microsoft is; and CEO Ballmer could get it done. But geeks really aren't much into the NBA, really MLS was the big grab for Seattle. However, Vancouver HAS an NBA arena and if the owner of the NHL could own the NBA team - instant success regardless - particularly in marketing to Asia (which Vancouver is THE undisputed gateway city). Also, Toronto needs a rival and Vancouver is a natural there.

There really isn't any reason for Seattle to have the NBA back in my mind, we really are only a major 2 city - 3 teams always seemed too much (there was always the third team as the red-headed stepchild) unless all three teams were winning. MLS has come and given Seattle some International cred - which surely has helped Microsoft moreso than the Sonics ever did. In 2011, Vancouver gets MLS (as does Portland) - Instant Pac NW 'futbol' rivalries. I think the Pac NW is fine with Vancouver (NHL, CFL, MLS, "NBA"), Seattle (NFL, MLB, MLS), and Portland (NBA, MLS). It really encourages all of us to support each other and have a true rivalry that matters to 'most' (since most of the area is recently immigrated - particularly Vancouver). I'd really like to see Tacoma get AFL.

kevinpate
12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Move the Hornets to Seattle or Kansas City
Seattle is a good sports market and if they can get an arena. It would be good for the NBA to have team to Seattle. Kansas City, who has arena ready, would be back up if Seattle really doesn't want back in then NBA.

No stake in where, if anywhere, the Hornets go, but I'm not sure I grasp why an arena ready city, that apparently would like to have NBA, ought to be positioned as a backup to a city which had NBA for decades and dinna care enough to not let it slide right out of their town.