View Full Version : Wes Lane's memoir focuses on his experience navigating his belief and legal systems

urbanity
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.okgazette.com/article/12-15-2010/A_former_district_attorney_s_new_memoir_focuses_on _his_experience_navigating_his_belief_system_and_t he_legal_system.aspx

BBatesokc
12-15-2010, 10:13 AM
He should have entitled it Amazingly Disgraced.

Midtowner
12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, he does admit that none other than God almighty booted him out of office.

Does that make you some sort of prophet or divine instrument, Mr. Bates?

BBatesokc
12-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Well, he does admit that none other than God almighty booted him out of office.

Does that make you some sort of prophet or divine instrument, Mr. Bates?

Apparently he did question almighty God's plan for him, because he spent campaign funds to conduct a focus group to learn why he lost the election - odd, since he claims to have accepted the loss as 'God's will.' I do though love that I was listed in the report from the focus group that I was part of the reason he lost.

I wonder if he mentions in the book that it was he that did not make a condition of Crider's release, a stipulation that he reveal the location of Crystal's body.

BBatesokc
12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
He also mentions that he's "Happy as a clam" to no longer be working as DA and instead working with mommy at the Burbridge Foundation. I bet he is. He got to maintain his $90,000+ salary and benefits with no accountability. The Burbridge Foundation is nothing but a tax shelter for the families money.

Want to see Lane's real impact on the Foundation? Look at the tax filings for the foundation. He and is mother are the only two paid staffers and their salaries take almost all the money the foundation has. Mommy dearest had to take a salary cut to fit Wes' salary into the budget. Not to mention Lane drives a new Sonata that is registered in the foundation's name and his mother's home has half a million dollars in artwork that the foundation claims as an asset.

You can read the filings for yourself at http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/esearch.php - just search 'Burbridge Foundation'

MustangGT
12-15-2010, 01:24 PM
He should have entitled it Amazingly Disgraced.

Or how about, "I am my Mommas Son"? I agree Bryan. Always check the 990's. Burbridge Foundation = SCAM. IMHO

BBatesokc
12-23-2010, 01:44 PM
My favorite gag gift off all time was given to me today. An attorney bought Lane's book and had it signed and gave it to me. Too bad Lane didn't realize I was the "Brian" he was signing it to!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1062/picture17ha.png

MikeOKC
12-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I know Wes Lane ran Juvenile during a good part of Macy's tenure. Brian, don't you think a little of Macy's ways rubbed off on Wes? Keep in mind, I think Macy was one corrupt SOB who probably belongs in prison. It's amazing how quiet people become when it comes to talking about Macy. He still wields an enormous amount of influence through his proteges. When Macy dies - we'll learn a lot. That's my guess anyway.