View Full Version : Anyone see the fireworks and Xmas music last night?

J. Pitman
12-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I live around 63rd and Grand. Last night there was a huge fireworks display and some "concert" sounding Christmas music around 7pm somewhere in the metro area. I thought I'd read about in the paper this morning, but nothing was reported.

Anyone see/hear this or know what it was? Lasted a good 1/2 hr.

OKCisOK4me
12-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I was standing outside at my place trying to figure out where it was coming from. I'm over near 63rd and May so I was wondering the same thing. It was really loud. Later on that night a friend on Facebook said, "thanks for the fireworks Penn Square Mall. That's an awesome bday present!". Other than that, I have no clue...

Thunder
12-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Fireworks for Christmas... That's a first.

John
12-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Macy's had 'THE' Santa (from the Macy's Parade) come to the mall on their national tour & had the fireworks display...

BBatesokc
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Fireworks for Christmas... That's a first.

Actually, not a first at all. Tons of Christmas celebrations utilize fireworks. Locally, the parade on the Oklahoma River ended with a fireworks show this year and the downtown OKC parade has fireworks too (or it did the last two times I went - years ago).

kevinpate
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
My elder son was in a ministry outreach program in Alabama before starting university down there. Their December fireworks tent funded a decent part of their travel expenses. Fireworks in everyone's hands, not just professional productions are huge down there.

CaseyCornett
12-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The Santa Claus from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade went on a 26-day tour to cities across the nation helping raise money for Make-A-Wish Foundation. They encouraged kids to write letters to Santa and every letter would be matched by Macy's with $1 that would be paid up to $1,000,000.
Friday's 15-min fireworks display was for his arrival to Penn Square Mall's Macy's.
I had the opportunity to handle the media relations for the arrival. You can check out some photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30796964@N02/sets/72157625598212412/
Thank you to The Oklahoman x2, NewsOK, KFOR x2, KWTV x2, KOKH, KTST, KJYO and KTOK