View Full Version : Conoco on NW 150th and Penn

diesel
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Has anyone been to the Conoco on NW 150th and Penn? It was open for a couple of days and now it says on the doors that they are closed. Brand new inside and full of product. Gas pump signs are off. Odd deal. What happened?

redrunner
12-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Issue with city permits. Made them shut down. Owner told me they should be open tomorrow.

KTB
12-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I noticed the same thing. One day they were busy and the next day it was dark.

diesel
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Issue with city permits. Made them shut down. Owner told me they should be open tomorrow.

Good to know! Thanks for finding that out!

GQofOklahoma
12-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Nice people. I've been going there to fill my gas since they opened. Hope everything works out for them! Liquor store going next door.

hipsterdoofus
12-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Wish they would have put something besides and overpriced gas station there...OnCue would have been much better...shoot, 7-eleven would have been better.

brianinok
12-09-2010, 10:10 PM
They have fuel that does not have ethanol so I'll definitely be supporting them.

hipsterdoofus
12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
They have fuel that does not have ethanol so I'll definitely be supporting them.

So does Murphy USA and they don't cost nearly as much..

mOKCie
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM

Hopefully the 45 cent per gallon federal subsidy for ethanol gasoline will be ending soon. But until then, I only go to stations that deny ethanol.

hipsterdoofus
12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Funny thing is the other day I saw Star Transport there...who I know delivers at 7-Eleven...I bet there's some Ethanol in that there fuel :-)

Reminds me of a story my dad told me - he used to deliver gas and he told me about the places that bragged about how good their gas was, but all the trucks would go to the same place to pick it up!

diesel
12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Funny thing is the other day I saw Star Transport there...who I know delivers at 7-Eleven...I bet there's some Ethanol in that there fuel :-)

Reminds me of a story my dad told me - he used to deliver gas and he told me about the places that bragged about how good their gas was, but all the trucks would go to the same place to pick it up!

I believe that on their pumps they sell both ethanol gas and non ethanol gas.. Much like OnCue does..

hipsterdoofus
12-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I believe that on their pumps they sell both ethanol gas and non ethanol gas.. Much like OnCue does..

I see...which more would do that....seems like most times the places that sell non ethanol don't look like the kind of place you would want to buy gas from..

brownb01
12-16-2010, 12:38 PM
nice store. I sure wish we could get some QT's!!

hipsterdoofus
12-16-2010, 01:06 PM
nice store. I sure wish we could get some QT's!!

Yes..they are also known as OnCue...go in one of those - same thing. I don't think we will ever get QT here.

brownb01
12-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I've been in several OnCue's. Very nice...yes. However, not the same. Not related.

However, I wouldn't have any objection to an Oncue being on every corner...like QT's are elsewhere.

I'm pretty confident we'll get QT's in OKC once the old man dies. :) His son will be running it then, and he's not going to hold to his if fathers gentlemen's agreement.

hipsterdoofus
12-16-2010, 01:57 PM
I've been in several OnCue's. Very nice...yes. However, not the same. Not related.

However, I wouldn't have any objection to an Oncue being on every corner...like QT's are elsewhere.

I'm pretty confident we'll get QT's in OKC once the old man dies. :) His son will be running it then, and he's not going to hold to his if fathers gentlemen's agreement.

I'm not at all convinced that they are not related. I've been in OnCue's that are the exact layout as a QT...Personally I think it is QT's way of getting around this "agreement"

progressiveboy
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not at all convinced that they are not related. I've been in OnCue's that are the exact layout as a QT...Personally I think it is QT's way of getting around this "agreement" I was in OKC about 4 weeks ago and stopped at a OnCue, and I have to agree it is the same layout. I was making my purchase and I told the clerk that OnCue reminds me of QT in which the clerk replied, the same contractor that builds Oncue's are the exact same one's that build the QT. Now I see the distinct simularities.

kevinpate
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
If memory serves, OnCue is based in Stillwater, and not related to QT