View Full Version : OKC Development Map

SkyWestOKC
12-08-2010, 02:08 PM
By no means complete or 100% accurate. More to just show how much development is actually occurring in our city. Feel free to tell me stuff I missed and I'll update it. I can zoom in closer to a certain section if you'd like.

Green = Proposed projects
Red = Under Construction or nearing starting Construction

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2985/okcdev.jpg

Edit: Larger version: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2985/okcdev.jpg

Double Edge
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Discount Tire just west of Tires Plus and I think a Taco Bell next to the Chicken Wing place at Westgate Marketplace south of reno between MacArthur and Rockwell.

They just started clearing off a spot on Reno between the old Lucent/ATT and the Francis Tuttle Vo-Tech.

And maybe you don't count schools but you don't have the MAPS projects or several other school projects I know of, like the new Greenvale Elementary building.

You also left out Route 66 Landing by Stinchcomb as a project in planning.

mcca7596
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Double Edge, I go to that Francis Tuttle and I'm pretty sure the site you mentioned is an extension to the Diesel Technology Building. I will check for sure tomorrow.

OUman
12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Is the green area north of the OKC terminal the proposed new consolidated rental car facility?

OKCisOK4me
12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
What is the squiggly red line along I-44 just east of WRWA?

SkyWestOKC
12-08-2010, 08:05 PM
@OUman, yes.

@OKCisOK4me. It is the new Portland Ave. Re-alignment, set to start next year.

SkyWestOKC
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Also, I don't know of the MAPS 4 Kids projects for schools - I know they exist, but not sure where they are.

I've been making this map for the past few months off of news announcements and meeting files posted on okc.gov over that time. I have missed a lot of things, but I tried to include all the big projects and smaller ones that come along.

Double Edge
12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Also, I don't know of the MAPS 4 Kids projects for schools - I know they exist, but not sure where they are.

I've been making this map for the past few months off of news announcements and meeting files posted on okc.gov over that time. I have missed a lot of things, but I tried to include all the big projects and smaller ones that come along.

You will have to decide if you want to cover MAPs Schools projects or not, but it's a lot of work going on at a bunch of sites. Many have additions. I think there were some new schools but I don't know that for sure. Most I'm aware of even when they have an addition are remodels of the facilities that range from just paint to stripping back to the structure and upgrading from there.

See page 11 of the 2009 report below for a list of what was in progress then, what was supposed to happen in 2010 and what is coming. I know some of the in progress in 2009 are still in progress and I know of at least one large project that's not on the list at all and in progress, NW Classen. Good luck finding actual start stop and completion dates but if you do and add them to your map, you would have three to five times the number of spots on your map.

http://www.okc.gov/ocmaps/OCMAPS%20ANNUAL%20RPT%202009.pdf