View Full Version : Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

metro
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Kansas City's DB is in an outlet mall on the outskirts of KC. Hardly urban. For the size of available land I think they've done the best they can with two restaurants and a hotel. Let's not rush judgment without seeing the design of the exterior first.

Yes, I shouldn't have used the word urban. I've been to the one in Overland Park (KC), it's in the Legends, which is similar to Dallas's Grapevine Mills area, except probably a little more dense. I mentioned mixed-use development, but should have left the words urban in design out. The one in KC is located on the 2nd floor of Legends mall and has a skywalk connected to it.

TheTravellers
12-09-2010, 10:18 AM
With this going in, they need to do a complete overhaul on the NWE/May Avenue interchange. I know they just did some extensive patch work on May but that bridge is old and dilapidated and needs to be replaced.

As do dozens, if not hundreds of other bridges in the metro area... Yet they keep widening streets way the hell up north instead of fixing broken stuff (which kind of ties in to the sprawl thread elsewhere). :doh: :doh: :doh: OK, hijack over, back to D&Bs, sorry.

warreng88
12-09-2010, 10:35 AM
2007 City Bond Election included the streets bordered by May, Portland, 50th and 63rd (#5):

http://www.okc.gov/bonds2007/BondInformation.aspx?propParam=1&sectParam=Resurfacing&propText=PROPOSITION%201%20(STREETS)&sectText=Resurfacing

Although the bridge over May is not included in the bridge plan from the same bond issue:

http://www.okc.gov/bonds2007/BondInformation.aspx?propParam=2&sectParam=Replace,%20Repair%20and/or%20Rehabilitate%20Bridge&propText=PROPOSITION%202%20(BRIDGES)&sectText=Replace,%20Repair%20and/or%20Rehabilitate%20Bridge

Patrick
12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Seems like an odd location from a traffic standpoint. It's hard by the exit ramp from EB NW Highway to SB May, but there won't be any access to the site from there. Looks like traffic will have to go north on Brookline, or take the service road that parallels EB NW Highway, that curves into Brookline. Kind of a roundabout traffic pattern. I would think they would want direct access from May.

No, the current entrance into the old Smicklas Chevrolet, i.e., NW 52nd St., will remain open off May Avenue.

Patrick
12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I think the larger restaurant building (not Dave and Busters) is going to be a new Denny's. I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that somewhere.

Dustin
12-09-2010, 10:00 PM
whoop de doo.

MikeOKC
12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
No, the current entrance into the old Smicklas Chevrolet, i.e., NW 52nd St., will remain open off May Avenue.

That's exactly right. There is a northbound turn-lane to go west into the property. I think it's a great location.

Rover
12-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Are there any D&B in urban locations? I'm not that familiar with the chain and have only been to the one in Denver which is in a similar location (I-25 & Colorado area). I think they had a parking garage though, and there was a United Artists theater in the same development.

Yes, they are in a number of urban locations. I was at the Wash DC on awhile back.

I guess this is a good get for the city. Just don't expect the food to be very special...it isn't. It is very ordinary, but the place is like a more adult (barely) arcade that serves food.

dclokc
12-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I got this response from Dave and Busters tonight.

OKC will be sized around 23,000 sf, so larger than Tulsa.

If everything goes as planned, we should be open in twelve months.
:congrats::welcome5: to OKC!

mugofbeer
12-11-2010, 08:39 PM
My experience at D & B's has not been good. Yes, you can take your kids and play games but when the night is over and its time to cash in your tickets, I have never seen anything even remotely desireable to trade your tickets for. I would have been satisfied if they had a can of Coke or a Pack of Topps Baseball cards. My 10 year old couldn't find one thing he wanted in their entire store. That being said, I am glad they are coming to OKC to redevelop a deteriorating piece of property. Hopefully, people will give them an earful if there isn't anything for your tickets and they will try to improve things.

redrunner
12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I got this response from Dave and Busters tonight.

OKC will be sized around 23,000 sf, so larger than Tulsa.

If everything goes as planned, we should be open in twelve months.
:congrats::welcome5: to OKC!

Yeah, we already established the size relative to Tulsa.

redrunner
12-11-2010, 09:22 PM
My experience at D & B's has not been good. Yes, you can take your kids and play games but when the night is over and its time to cash in your tickets, I have never seen anything even remotely desireable to trade your tickets for. I would have been satisfied if they had a can of Coke or a Pack of Topps Baseball cards. My 10 year old couldn't find one thing he wanted in their entire store. That being said, I am glad they are coming to OKC to redevelop a deteriorating piece of property. Hopefully, people will give them an earful if there isn't anything for your tickets and they will try to improve things.

My last visit to D&B I redeemed my tickets for a set of beer glasses with a D&B logo and thick glass ashtray for guests to use outside during parties. I thought that was pretty cool.

Matt
12-12-2010, 01:36 AM

Man alive, this ticket thing is just an enormous issue for you, isn't it?

...I've taken my son and relatives to D & B's in Denver, won a boatload of tickets, took them to the exchange shop and found nothing but garbage. Even my son, 8 years old at the time, was irritated that there was absolutely nothing there he wanted. Even candy bars or Hot Wheels or plastic soldiers or a comic book or something any kid would want to play with would have been OK, but there was literally nothing of value or worth in that shop.

We sent a very nicely worded email to the corporate office (just in case that particular location was poorly stocked) and got no response whatsoever.

D & B's is a total waste of money and a lousy company.

Dave & Busters might be a worthwhile place to go if they offered something of value for all those tickets you win. Even my 9 year old found absolutely nothing in their store he wanted. It was all garbage. I sent the company a very polite email to their feedback address stating this fact and got no response. When people realize what a ripoff the place is, they will stop going there. GIve your money to a local venue, instead.

I don't know and it doesn't really effect me. I've just had 2 straight really irritating experiences at D & B's so I will choose not to go there again. Perhaps there's a business opportunity for someone. With Wii and cable and movies, I just don't see the point to it. I just have a real problem when they aren't going to offer anything remotely decent to trade your tickets in for. Hell, offer bags of chips or a Coke or Hot Wheels or something of value.

Oil Capital
12-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Man alive, this ticket thing is just an enormous issue for you, isn't it?

LOL. Good catch Matt.

One is left to wonder why he apparently keeps taking his son back there year after year, when the poor boy was irritated with the place on his first visit. ;-)

Easy180
12-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Hard to get a handle on what kids value anyway...they go bananas over anything plastic that may look cool diving off the kitchen table

If you are an adult playing for tickets and wanting valuable prizes then you might want to take a step back and reevaluate the situation

Jesseda
12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
My kids are like cats.. if the toy is shinny, bounces and/or makes noise, then they are happy and occupied with it until it breaks

MikeLucky
12-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Damn, mugofbeer.... you sure are bitter....

If you are taking your kids go to Andy Alligators or somewhere that is actually DESIGNED FOR KIDS. That's not really what D&B's even does....

It's like complaining about the bad shirly temple selection at Henry Hudsons...

OKCisOK4me
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
It's like complaining about the bad shirly temple selection at Henry Hudsons...

+1

metro
02-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I heard they may be looking at a new location because they have a bar and the proximity to the church ar the corner of NW 50th and May.

MikeOKC
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I heard they may be looking at a new location because they have a bar and the proximity to the church ar the corner of NW 50th and May.

Where did you hear that, Metro?

Pete
02-06-2011, 06:23 PM
If there is an issue, it would be with St. John's Episcopal (church & school) which is right across Brookline at about 54th.

50th and May is a long way from the proposed D&B's.

The state law is a minimum 300 foot distance from church or school, but I believe that is from the front door of the place applying for a liquor license. If that's the case, they could still probably meet the minimum.

Not to mention, they had to be aware of all this before they filed with the planning commission.

metro
02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Just what I heard, take it for what it's worth to you.

Kerry
02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Move to Bricktown.

bombermwc
02-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Amen to that, it's a natural bricktown attraction. You've got the food and the fun...there would be something to do down there besides just eat. Take up an entire building and make it a multi-level facility...could have a billiards floor, game floors, food floor, etc.

betts
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree Bricktown is a natural. Which building would be appropriate, though? I don't really know much about Dave and Buster's. If they're sometimes in strip malls it may be they won't spend the money for land/rent to locate in Bricktown. Are there cities that have them in Bricktown-like locations?

Kerry
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
How about the vacant building at the corner of Oklahoma Ave and Reno or the vacant lot next to Toby Keith's place. There is also the Bricktown Merchantile Building on East Main.

OKCisOK4me
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
If there is an issue, it would be with St. John's Episcopal (church & school) which is right across Brookline at about 54th.

50th and May is a long way from the proposed D&B's.

The state law is a minimum 300 foot distance from church or school, but I believe that is from the front door of the place applying for a liquor license. If that's the case, they could still probably meet the minimum.

Not to mention, they had to be aware of all this before they filed with the planning commission.

I guess that doesn't apply to liquor stores cause I know there's one right there next to Walgreens across from that church.

SkyWestOKC
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Or even that corner lot on the canal in North....

Pete
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Here is an aerial that shows all the properties being discussed.

The front door of the proposed D&B's is right around 300 feet from the nearest property line of St. John's:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/davebusters1.jpg

Kerry
02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Is that hotel or those two restaurants going to have a bar?

Pete
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
The southern most restaurant is for fast food, so I'm sure the answer is no.

As for the hotel and the other one, probably yes.

But remember, the front door only has to be 300 feet or more from the property line of a school or church.

metro
02-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I guess that doesn't apply to liquor stores cause I know there's one right there next to Walgreens across from that church.
Two things to consider, which was first, pretty sure the grandfather rule applies. Two, when did the law go into effect.

Pete
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Plus, that liquor store is still close to 300' from the church property line.

The front door may just be outside of that.

swilki
02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Here is an aerial that shows all the properties being discussed.

The front door of the proposed D&B's is right around 300 feet from the nearest property line of St. John's:

http://www.tnttri.com/OKCTalk/davebusters1.jpg

If memory serves correct, the southern most church you have marked on the map is a drive-thru bank.

WARNING: My next comment is bound to get someone fired up. Please realize that I am just being honest and don't mean to offend anyone.

Also, as much as this may add to Bricktown if it where to be there, I am actually happy to see a development of this scale going into to NW OKC. Being a 20-something who lives and works in central OKC (not Bricktown or Downtown) I will be more apt to visit this location as opposed to if it where in Bricktown. Call me crazy, but Bricktown is way more hassle than it is worth right now. Parking is a nightmare, food and drinks are often overpriced and the crowd leaves much to be desired. If you aren't staying the night in Bricktown/Downtown, I say avoid anything south of 10th street for entertainment on a Friday/Saturday night. At somepoint I think we need to start being concerned with other amenities (aka attractions) throughout OKC as opposed to just in Bricktown. To me Bricktown is strictly for tourists and not for locals (at least the majority of the time). Putting things in other areas of the city (and I am not talking about the streetcar or the central park - those belong downtown), in my opinion, improve the quality of life for those of us that live here.

mugofbeer
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Can I complain about the tickets again? :)

Wow, I didnt realize..........sorry. But then again, when I feel like a place is a total and complete rip off, I'm going to voice my opinion and I hope a lot of people here it and see it. If you've seen it before, skip over my comment. And I've been there exactly twice and been ripped off exactly twice. When the rest of you quit bitching about your own personal pet peeves I'll get off D & B. Maybe its just the one in Denver. Again, sorry, but OKC deserves better.

ultimatesooner
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
WARNING: My next comment is bound to get someone fired up. Please realize that I am just being honest and don't mean to offend anyone.

Also, as much as this may add to Bricktown if it where to be there, I am actually happy to see a development of this scale going into to NW OKC. Being a 20-something who lives and works in central OKC (not Bricktown or Downtown) I will be more apt to visit this location as opposed to if it where in Bricktown. Call me crazy, but Bricktown is way more hassle than it is worth right now. Parking is a nightmare, food and drinks are often overpriced and the crowd leaves much to be desired. If you aren't staying the night in Bricktown/Downtown, I say avoid anything south of 10th street for entertainment on a Friday/Saturday night. At somepoint I think we need to start being concerned with other amenities (aka attractions) throughout OKC as opposed to just in Bricktown. To me Bricktown is strictly for tourists and not for locals (at least the majority of the time). Putting things in other areas of the city (and I am not talking about the streetcar or the central park - those belong downtown), in my opinion, improve the quality of life for those of us that live here.

I could not possibly agree with you more

Matt
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Can I complain about the tickets again? :)

Wow, I didnt realize..........sorry. But then again, when I feel like a place is a total and complete rip off, I'm going to voice my opinion and I hope a lot of people here it and see it. If you've seen it before, skip over my comment. And I've been there exactly twice and been ripped off exactly twice. When the rest of you quit bitching about your own personal pet peeves I'll get off D & B. Maybe its just the one in Denver. Again, sorry, but OKC deserves better.

Meh.

Most adults that go to D&B aren't going there for the fabulous prizes.

bombermwc
02-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Well now hang on. I sort of teetered between that opinion and the other way. Granted, on most nights I won't go to Bricktown because it is a pain. But I've been there countless times over the last few years for business lunches, dinner with friends, movies. If anything, I think putting D&B in Bricktown would help draw people in to correct the "visitor's only" stamp issue. If we complain that there isn't enough to do down there, then why would we be in favor of something not being there?

They're going to have to work out some traffic flow problems at the May location though. I'm assuming they're going to add an access road for the devlopment from May...otherwise Brookline is a really stupid way to have to get there. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if May is divided at 52nd st. The Target entrance allows you to get across all lanes, but I'm not sure if you can at 52nd. I can't really tell from a google map that well either....i'm just not up in that area enough to remember off the top of my head.

BoulderSooner
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
how people can think parking is a "nightmare" in bricktown is beyond me ..

swilki
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Honestly, I just don't think I will ever be a Bricktown person maybe that's my problem with the thought of putting this down there. There are a couple of good places to visit (a coffee shop, the movie theater and?), other than that I just don't enjoy it.

Bomber, you are dead on about the traffic flow problems. I work at 63rd and May and this area is already a traffic disaster. I can only imagine what is going to happen when this place opens. The city is more than likely going to have to install a traffic light on May in front of Target or put one on 50th and Brookline.

swilki
02-08-2011, 08:36 AM
how people can think parking is a "nightmare" in bricktown is beyond me ..

When was the last time you where in Bricktown? Paying somewhere between $10-$20 to park isn't what I consider ideal. Given, if you drive around long enough or lie to the parking attended in the In the Raw parking lot you can find something if you give it enough time. But until I can get off a bus or train in Bricktown and walk to my destination the parking will remain a nightmare. For the types of establishments located there, the time spent looking for parking isn't worth it. I can go anywhere else in the city, order a beer and finish it before I find free parking in Bricktown.

Kerry
02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
List the top 20 attractions in OKC pre-1994 and see how many were downtown (answer - 2, the Myriad and Civic Center). OKC focused on the urban fringe for 60 years and it almost killed the city.

BG918
02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
When was the last time you where in Bricktown? Paying somewhere between $10-$20 to park isn't what I consider ideal. Given, if you drive around long enough or lie to the parking attended in the In the Raw parking lot you can find something if you give it enough time. But until I can get off a bus or train in Bricktown and walk to my destination the parking will remain a nightmare. For the types of establishments located there, the time spent looking for parking isn't worth it. I can go anywhere else in the city, order a beer and finish it before I find free parking in Bricktown.

I have been to Bricktown countless times and never paid to park, or found it overly difficult to find a parking place. Plenty of plentiful and free parking by Bass Pro or north of Bricktown if you can walk a few blocks. You have to know where to look.

BoulderSooner
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM

lets see 2 or 3 times a week for several years now .. and park for free most of the time .. only time i pay to park is when i am in a hurry or late and then i at most pay 5 or 6 bucks ..

swilki
02-08-2011, 12:24 PM
List the top 20 attractions in OKC pre-1994 and see how many were downtown (answer - 2, the Myriad and Civic Center). OKC focused on the urban fringe for 60 years and it almost killed the city.

Kerry - I don't disagree. However, I don't really consider NW Expressway and May urban fringe. If this thing were going in on Memorial, Edmond, Moore or Norman I would be against it.

To all those who seem to think that parking is the only thing that stops me going to Bricktown, that's not the case. I am always willing to walk somewhere, as long as the destination warrants it so. The resturants and bars in Bricktown just don't do it for me and almost all my friends, aged 23-30. Bricktown needs to become more Urban and unqiue. Sonic, Earls, Abuelos, Zios, Hooters, a canal that goes no where, starbucks, texadelphia and the like can be found anywhere in the city, well I guess minus the canal. If places like McNellies, Big Truck Tacos, VZDs, Sean Cummings, Picasso's, etc. began to open up in Bricktown I would be there everynight. I think we have touched on this before in a different forum, so I don't wanna get to deep into this issue, but the crowd in Bricktown isn't great in my opinion. You have a bunch of high schoolers mixed with tourists and trashy drunks - not my type of crowd.

I'll end with this, if everyone is so concerned with keeping my age group in the city, we better start focusing on how to provide other opportunities for entertainment and such out of Bricktown. Quality of life is obviously the key issue, but making sure the quality of life in one area is great and ignoring other pockets of the city won't cut it. I am sure that the dynamic in Bricktown would change if more people my age could afford to move down there, but everyone keeps building apartments and lofts that cost the same as a house. I and many I know can't afford that. Therefore we are forced to live in other areas of the city and when there is very little to do elsewhere other than what is in Bricktown, the quality of life begins to diminish. I know that there are many on this forum that will disagree with me, sorry. But honestly, the whole thing I outlined above is one of the main factors I would consider living else where.

Kerry
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
swilki - it won't be long until you can park anywhere near downtown and take the streetcar to Bricktown. That should put an end to any and all parking complaints. It should also allow for the addition of more affordable housing on the fringes of downtown but still in walking distance to a streetcar stop.

Steve
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Guys, the rumor that Dave & Buster's is having to relocate due to protests from nearby churches is false. The ABC zoning went through with no protests and was unanimously approved by the council.

metro
02-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Steve nothing about protests, just city ordinance concerns.

kevinpate
02-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Steve
02-08-2011, 02:39 PM

This would refer to the ABC zoning, which allows the sale of alcohol at an establishment. An ABC zoning is typically challenged through protests of nearby property owners. When I refer to protests, it's not usually people getting out in the streets, holding up signs, etc., but rather people filing notice at City Hall that they object to a zoning request. The ABC zoning was passed unanimously today by the council with no protests, no city staff concerns expressed. Not trying to make a big deal out of the post from a week or two ago (I didn't even remember who made the post so it wasn't directed at Metro). As with anything, there might have been a concern out there at one point or another. Just letting folks know D&B apparently is not looking for a new site.

okclee
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
But, Steve, .... This still doesn't solve the Dave & Buster problem with parking in Bricktown issue.

dankrutka
02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Kerry - I don't disagree. However, I don't really consider NW Expressway and May urban fringe. If this thing were going in on Memorial, Edmond, Moore or Norman I would be against it.

To all those who seem to think that parking is the only thing that stops me going to Bricktown, that's not the case. I am always willing to walk somewhere, as long as the destination warrants it so. The resturants and bars in Bricktown just don't do it for me and almost all my friends, aged 23-30. Bricktown needs to become more Urban and unqiue. Sonic, Earls, Abuelos, Zios, Hooters, a canal that goes no where, starbucks, texadelphia and the like can be found anywhere in the city, well I guess minus the canal. If places like McNellies, Big Truck Tacos, VZDs, Sean Cummings, Picasso's, etc. began to open up in Bricktown I would be there everynight. I think we have touched on this before in a different forum, so I don't wanna get to deep into this issue, but the crowd in Bricktown isn't great in my opinion. You have a bunch of high schoolers mixed with tourists and trashy drunks - not my type of crowd.

I'll end with this, if everyone is so concerned with keeping my age group in the city, we better start focusing on how to provide other opportunities for entertainment and such out of Bricktown. Quality of life is obviously the key issue, but making sure the quality of life in one area is great and ignoring other pockets of the city won't cut it. I am sure that the dynamic in Bricktown would change if more people my age could afford to move down there, but everyone keeps building apartments and lofts that cost the same as a house. I and many I know can't afford that. Therefore we are forced to live in other areas of the city and when there is very little to do elsewhere other than what is in Bricktown, the quality of life begins to diminish. I know that there are many on this forum that will disagree with me, sorry. But honestly, the whole thing I outlined above is one of the main factors I would consider living else where.

I am of the same age group and I agree... kind of. Bricktown is definitely not the scene unless you just turned 21 or are a tourist. I don't go out on Friday and Saturday nights in Bricktown, but I do support it before/after Thunder games by going to places like Brix or Texadelphia. I think that with Level and other developments that will hopefully follow that the Deep Deuce area will become a cooler place to hang out. As of now, Western and Classen are much more popular with 20-30 somethings.

swilki
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I am of the same age group and I agree... kind of. Bricktown is definitely not the scene unless you just turned 21 or are a tourist. I don't go out on Friday and Saturday nights in Bricktown, but I do support it before/after Thunder games by going to places like Brix or Texadelphia. I think that with Level and other developments that will hopefully follow that the Deep Deuce area will become a cooler place to hang out. As of now, Western and Classen are much more popular with 20-30 somethings.

Agreed

Steve
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
But, Steve, .... This still doesn't solve the Dave & Buster problem with parking in Bricktown issue.

1. Awesome response.
2. I predict the discussion you refer to will continue for weeks.

rcjunkie
02-09-2011, 05:16 AM

There is no parking issue in Bricktown, I go to Bricktown 5--6 times a month and I've never had a parking problem. The only ones that claim otherwise are those that expect front door parking, they are the same ones you see circling the parking lot at Walmart looking for a closer spot.

bombermwc
02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Swiki and Kilgore - but that's precisely why I'd like to see this in Bricktown. We know it's a more touristy area, which isn't all bad, but why not add more things to make it more resident entertainment friendly? That's exactlly the type of development that would make a difference for your argument....

1 - It would add something than food for something to do down there
2 - It would offer food that isn't available anywhere else in town
3 - I ignore people that complain about parking in Bricktown, sorry

So why not be motivated to help make Bricktown better for the people that live here. OK, so this one is going in on May.....we're just speaking hypothetically about a Bricktown location anyway. Had Sega Gameworks come in, that would have been something unique down there. I would agree that there really isn't that much that's unique down there. Bolero is a great tapas bar, you've got Red Pin, and a handful of places like that, but mostly what you find down there can be found somewhere else.

I would say, the atmostphere and the canal are reasons to go there anyway though. My wife and I enjoy parking near the land run monument and walking the canal in the summer on our way to eat dinner somewhere. You get a nice little walk and view with lots of people that are doing the same thing. It can be relaxing....and you walk off your desert on the way back to the car...LOL

swilki
02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I should have never mentioned parking in my original argument.....it has caused many to over look the other points I mentioned.

Bomber - You are correct, it would add something different and unique in Bricktown, no doubt about it. However, it would still be another national chain going into Bricktown.

Sorry guys if I am dreaming of a place that is more unique and urban. Bricktown just isn't there yet, maybe when some places like Level are built and open the dynamic will begin to change because a younger, more local crowd will be down there.

dankrutka
02-09-2011, 11:23 AM
swilki and I are on the same page. Foe Bricktown to become a really cool place to hang out it needs to develop a local vibe... at least in a part of Bricktown. You'd need local resaurants, music venues, and other local places that actually feel local. Bricktown still feels like it is made for tourists. I would love to to see Bricktown develop a feel like the Plaza District, Plaza Court, Western, or Paseo, but it doesn't have that feel yet. Again, I think the Deep Deuce area has the best chance to develop as a place to go.

metro
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Most of Bricktown IS local, what are y'all talking about. Only national chains are McD's, Sonic (national HQ in Btown), and Melting Pot.

oakhollow
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Would the large empty building on the NW corner of Reno and Oklahoma be big enough for a Dave and Busters. That building is huge and would be a very cool location in my opinion. Large parking lot right across the street.