View Full Version : Traffic Court Oklahoma City?

oneforone
12-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Back in September I had one of those crazy days where my scheduling did not mesh well with a few things my boss had scheduled for me that day. Needless to say I was in rush to get to Norman and got stopped and cited by an Oklahoma City Motorcycle Officer. The officer was probably one the nicer officers I have dealt with in my 20 years of driving.

Based on my knowledge of traffic laws he could have nailed me for an expired tag and a couple of other things however, he didn't he just gave a verbal warning. He was very professional and even thanked me for being cooperative and not having bad attitude about it.

To get to my question, I was curious to know if OKC Traffic Court judges allow you to establish a payment plan? I have to go to court Thursday and I have already used one continuance. The fine is less then $200 however, this a bad time to part with that money because of the holidays and couple of other outside expenses I am dealing with right now.

Any advice or tips anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

MustangGT
12-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Yes payment plans are used all the time. The City is more interested it getting the money as opposed to how fast it occurrs. Just politely explain to the judge and you should be fine.

BBatesokc
12-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Absolutely they can give you time to pay. I've seen people given up to 6 continuances for offenses much worse than speeding. They want your money, not your body in a cell.