View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards just passed away

PennyQuilts
12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Just saw where she died, today. Yesterday, she reportedly posted a comment to go along with the doctor's recommendation to no longer fight the disease but I have to think she may have written it ahead of time. I thought she was expected to live a number of weeks but they may just not have raised the issue of her impending death, publically, until the last few days. For her sake, I hope she was well enough to have written and posted the statement, herself.

RIP. I feel so bad for her children.

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
She was married to one of the worst scum of all time--a big-time democrat, and scoundrel of the first magnitude. Trash of the worst sort...ambulance chaser...moral reprobate...liar...I could go on for days...he was almost a top-dog democrat President, so they offered up the Enigma from the Hood instead...

Of Sound Mind
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
By all means... a woman has just died and let's pay our respects with highly partisan, vitriolic spewing... classy...

I didn't like John Edwards, but that's just not right...

PennyQuilts
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I've got him on ignore so I can't read it but am sorry anyone would go off like that.
A lot of women have faced her cancer battle and she bore up with dignity. I wish she'd stayed in remission.

redrunner
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
She was married to one of the worst scum of all time--a big-time democrat, and scoundrel of the first magnitude. Trash of the worst sort...ambulance chaser...moral reprobate...liar...I could go on for days...he was almost a top-dog democrat President, so they offered up the Enigma from the Hood instead...

Dude, now is not the time to spin off in a political tangent. Your comments make you like the worst scum of all time. Your life would be so much better if you weren't obsessed with continually thinking of ways to slander those you don't agree with.

Of Sound Mind
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I've got him on ignore so I can't read it but am sorry anyone would go off like that.
A lot of women have faced her cancer battle and she bore up with dignity. I wish she'd stayed in remission.
My aunt has been battling breast cancer and Elizabeth Edwards' battle probably hits a little closer to home for me than for some others. Even so, I don't think someone's death -- anyone's death -- is the time to be so callously divisive...

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Dude, now is not the time to spin off in a political tangent. Your comments make you like the worst scum of all time. Your life would be so much better if you weren't obsessed with continually thinking of ways to slander those you don't agree with.

I appreciate your opinion.

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM

BTW--I slander NO ONE. My only habit is--when someone launches a Florsheim between my legs--I return in kind. Bullies and smart-alecks just seem to hate that...to me--it is just opinion and conversation. Don't snap at adults unless you are one... Tell me what I said about John Edwards that was not true--thus--slander?

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
By all means... a woman has just died and let's pay our respects with highly partisan, vitriolic spewing... classy...

I didn't like John Edwards, but that's just not right...

The Edwards Family will be deeply moved by you when they read this...but--hopefully the faux and feigned indignation gave you just a smidgen of lofty feeling to poke your nose even higher...you are a Prince among Men...anyone does not believe it--just ask him!

redrunner
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
BTW--I slander NO ONE. My only habit is--when someone launches a Florsheim between my legs--I return in kind. Bullies and smart-alecks just seem to hate that...to me--it is just opinion and conversation. Don't snap at adults unless you are one... Tell me what I said about John Edwards that was not true--thus--slander?

You bet your smart ass I'm an adult. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word slander but smear instead. Tell me where someone launched a Florsheim between your legs, necessitating you to return in kind? PQ just wanted to report the sad death of this woman and your reaction was unjustifiable.

But seriously, you're a Grade-A jerk. It's like you live for this political divisive stuff. Is all you do spend countless hours searching the internet for political ammo to post on here? Find a new hobby and you'll soon be happy.

Martin
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
this is in current events... let's keep politics out of this one. -M

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
You bet your smart ass I'm an adult. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word slander but smear instead. Tell me where someone launched a Florsheim between your legs, necessitating you to return in kind? PQ just wanted to report the sad death of this woman and your reaction was unjustifiable.

But seriously, you're a Grade-A jerk. It's like you live for this political divisive stuff. Is all you do spend countless hours searching the internet for political ammo to post on here? Find a new hobby and you'll soon be happy.

I appreciate your opinion.

Regarding the Florsheim...re-read your retort--("Your comments make you like the worst scum of all time"). I don't spend countless hours on the internet--but--I am retired and I do spend a decent amount of time exploring. I am also one who does keep up on things happening around me--and have for over 50 years at least. I generally spend time on the political threads--and I think Edwards would qualify under that...what I said was more or less in defense of his wife, which seemed to fly over your head. It is always intriguing how leftists, in general, stumble all over themselves to act more "sensitive" and "caring" about things that--frankly--haven't a damn thing to do with them. I suspect it fulfills a burning need to be "nicer" and thus "better" than others or anyone who dares to think anything not under the category of Group-Think...

Easy180
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
J got what he wanted outta that post so I figure I will let it go...part of his super controversial online persona

Can't say I knew too much about her but what I did see she was very intelligent and cared a lot about healthcare...sucks she was only 51

PennyQuilts
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
61. But still, way, way too young. Her youngest child is only ten.

Easy180
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
61. But still, way, way too young. Her youngest child is only ten.

Holy crap you are right... Need to brush up on my math

PennyQuilts
12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Holy crap you are right... Need to brush up on my math

She looked more like 51 than 61 - and had young kids.

Thunder
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I saw the news earlier today, but did not realize who she was. Now I see she is John Edwards' wife. What a life she had! Woot! Hope she finds peace now with her everlasting afterlife.

MikeOKC
12-08-2010, 02:47 AM

There are anger management classes all over town. Your ranting and raving makes you seem like a bold faced loon.

jmarkross
12-08-2010, 04:42 AM
There are anger management classes all over town. Your ranting and raving makes you seem like a bold faced loon.

I appreciate your opinion...

...for those who took any time to research the matter...John was a reprobate, pretty much universally agreed...and, many say that she was a spoiled, ultra-rich woman who was quite unkind to all the workers that toiled for her as servants...sad that she passed away--as it is for anyone else. Just thought is was peculiar how many gushed and swooned like she was their best friend in high school when they knew nothing whatsoever about her--other than her name. Says a bit about people jumping onboard any bandwagon to enhance their "sensitivity" quotient...like good and pretentious democrats...

Easy180
12-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Someone doesn't get invited to parties

jmarkross
12-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Someone doesn't get invited to parties

...said the spurned student council defeatee...

btw--I had the parties...

Martin
12-08-2010, 06:08 AM
enough. back to topic. -M

Double Edge
12-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I'd like to respond to what's been said, so if we want to talk about the politics surrounding EE...

A. You will move the thread to where it belongs in politics
B. We start a new thread in politics
C. Continue here
D. Take it to another board

Martin
12-08-2010, 06:47 AM
if you want to turn the death of a human being into a political discussion, then by all means start a new thread in politics. -M

Roadhawg
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
My thoughts and prayers to the family for their loss.... my prayers to jmark too for being such a miserable person he needs to spew venom on a thread about the death of a fine lady.

OKCisOK4me
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
RIP Elizabeth. I just saw the story about her FB post on Monday night's news and about how she only had weeks left, if that, cause it was only a day. One day! That's insane!! Anyway, regardless of who she was married to or what that person has done, there's no reason to go off on a tangent. My condolences to her family and friends.