View Full Version : Bedlam 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Thunder
11-21-2010, 02:19 AM
So, judging from the OU/Baylor game, do we think OU is more likely to defeat OSU? Have we improved, declined, or maintained the same the last couple of weeks?

OU has great defense. I hope we will be able to stop them. OSU has better offense and they constantly throw far down the field, so OU will have to be a bit more spread out rather than focusing at the line.

Stevens improved greatly with his kicks at the Baylor game. I hope the coaches will use every field goal opportunity, despite how far from the field goal. What is interesting... When punting a ball, it can go more than 100 yards, but when kicking for field goal, they seem to say about 40 yards is the max limit. I think this is stupid. If they can punt so far, then they can obviously kick that far as well. Many 3 pointers will add up quickly.

BOOMER SOONER!

jmarkross
11-21-2010, 03:15 AM
For once...this year the OU-OSU game is a real crap shoot. Gundy's biggest test ever...

jmarkross
11-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Punting and place kicking are two different things entirely...only the foot hitting the ball are similar...

Easy180
11-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Hate to say this but I would be fine with OSU finally winning the south....would be a huge win for their program...winner gets to take on Neb in a somewhat meaningless championship game since the winner gets the crappiest BCS bowl against the Big East winner WV or Pitt

Talk about excitement

TaoMaas
11-21-2010, 07:01 AM
So, judging from the OU/Baylor game, do we think OU is more likely to defeat OSU? Have we improved, declined, or maintained the same the last couple of weeks?

I think OU has improved quite a bit from the first of the season. We're not as 'hit and miss' now. But that doesn't mean doodly-squat against OSU. OSU is NOT scared of OU. Never were...never will be. I agree with JMR. This game is a crap shoot. It could go either way...could be close, could be an OU blowout, could be an OSU blowout. The only thing I'm certain about with this game is that I'll be watching.

jmarkross
11-21-2010, 10:08 AM
I think OU has improved quite a bit from the first of the season. We're not as 'hit and miss' now. But that doesn't mean doodly-squat against OSU. OSU is NOT scared of OU. Never were...never will be. I agree with JMR. This game is a crap shoot. It could go either way...could be close, could be an OU blowout, could be an OSU blowout. The only thing I'm certain about with this game is that I'll be watching.

For those who understand football...really, really well...this is the kind of game where the team that "wants it the most" will win...OU--going on a tradition that is the equal of any in the sport--OSU trying to get in that door...Gundy understands this very well...and he knows it rests on his shoulders...this game is a good coach's DREAM...the game is all about HIM, that makes it very, very interesting.

dmoor82
11-21-2010, 10:13 AM
As an OU fan I want OU to win of course but as a realist I think this is OSU's year and this might be The only year that OSU will catch OU and UT in a down year so they need to take advantage!I say OSU-41 OU-35!

jmarkross
11-21-2010, 10:20 AM
As an OU fan I want OU to win of course but as a realist I think this is OSU's year and this might be The only year that OSU will catch OU and UT in a down year so they need to take advantage!I say OSU-41 OU-35!

Having been raised in Norman and practically grew up at Owen Field...I am am a die-hard OU fan, and would be in this contest if the whole ball of wax swung in the balance--but--I have ALWAYS liked Gundy and have not seen him rise to greatness yet--but--there is a part of me that would like to see him--having taken this program from old Lewis Field into the new stadium and respectability, on a consistent basis, to take this team to defeat Nebraska in the Big 12 title game--and --maybe--a national title game...stranger things have happened....if they win against OU and then Nebraska...that would place them VERY high in the BCS.... And--they could do it on the home field. Good thing they are not playing in Norman!

Easy180
11-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Looks like Gameday will be there

Stillwater will be a madhouse on Saturday...money money money money

kevinpate
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Although I really wanna end up being dead bang wrong, sitting here today my sense is this year belongs to the Pokes ... OSU by 16

jmarkross
11-21-2010, 11:59 AM
May the best team win...the one that wants it the most will win...an old tradition with pride--or--a new one rising on the Southern Plains...time will tell...

TaoMaas
11-22-2010, 07:11 AM
I have a friend who is attending OSU. At every game he attended last year, he tried to get a chant going of "we need a new coach". I tried to tell him that he was crazy and to give Gundy a chance. But, noooooo...he wouldn't listen to me. So, when he called on Saturday and was over-joyed about the Pokes, I reminded him of how hard he was working last year to turn folks against Gundy. He said, "I know...I was wrong. But, hey, did you know he used to play for OSU?" LOL LOL LOL Yeah...no kidding. (yes, my friend is an idiot.)

ultimatesooner
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I have a friend who is attending OSU. At every game he attended last year, he tried to get a chant going of "we need a new coach". I tried to tell him that he was crazy and to give Gundy a chance. But, noooooo...he wouldn't listen to me. So, when he called on Saturday and was over-joyed about the Pokes, I reminded him of how hard he was working last year to turn folks against Gundy. He said, "I know...I was wrong. But, hey, did you know he used to play for OSU?" LOL LOL LOL Yeah...no kidding. (yes, my friend is an idiot.)

That is the case for almost all OSUcks fans

OKCisOK4me
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM
That is the case for almost all OSUcks fans

My Pokes by 10. I like the sound of 38-28. Funny! My email is ou_sucks...

jmarkross
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/524314-oklahoma-football-sooners-cowboys-square-off-in-biggest-bedlam-game-ever

earlywinegareth
11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
This one's a tossup IMO. I don't know who wins, but I think the game will be won in the final minute or go into OT. It will go down as one of the most dramatic bedlam games in history.

dmoor82
11-23-2010, 03:36 PM
This is by far The biggest game EVER in OSU history!but by OU's standards it's just another year!big game all around just nothing new for OU!This has to be The most lopsided Rivalry series in all of America!OSU is Ou's second or third biggest rival and that's just how it is!This is OSU's National Championship game!

jmarkross
11-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Finally--my personal prediction...OU will win, because of Mr. Landry Jones and Mr. Broyles.

Dustin
11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
53-30 OSU.. Hurts to say but OU will fall apart second half. As usual.

dmoor82
11-23-2010, 07:09 PM
My prediction is that OSU will take a big lead into halftime and OU will storm back only to play a crappy 4th quarter and lose 41-35!

rcjunkie
11-24-2010, 08:47 AM
My prediction is that at the end of the game, the OSU crowd will be chanting their normal OU Game Day Chant !!! "wait till next year, wait till next year". OSU has, is, and always will be second fiddle in this Great State.

OU 36 OSU 21

OKCisOK4me
11-24-2010, 09:01 AM
My prediction is that at the end of the game, the OSU crowd will be chanting their normal OU Game Day Chant !!! "wait till next year, wait till next year". OSU has, is, and always will be second fiddle in this Great State.

OU 36 OSU 21

My fear, first off, is that a few of starters for the defensive line are seniors so we have to replace them with quality talent. Fortunately, there's many positions on defense that have seen a lot of underclassmen receive plenty of playing and game time experience. Second, if Blackmon and Weeden send off to the NFL draft, then I just don't see our offense being as explosive as this year. Brandon's age and maturity has solidified the 5th youngest team in college ranks. So honestly, I wouldn't worry about that chant.

Pokes 48
Schooners 38

A close 41-38 near the end until OSU scores a TD to go up by 10 to seal the victory.

Easy180
11-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Better hope Blackmon is at 100% or the Poke offense might be putting up field goals instead of TD's

OKCisOK4me
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, you better hope Box is at 100% or the Schooner defense is gonna get slaughtered by our run game all night cause you know Tom Wort doesn't always make the best decisions...

Easy180
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Well, you better hope Box is at 100% or the Schooner defense is gonna get slaughtered by our run game all night cause you know Tom Wort doesn't always make the best decisions...

I will be fine with both of them not playing...lol

Lord Helmet
11-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I think it's going to be really interesting to see how OKState reacts to playing in the only football game they've ever played that actually means something....at least that I can remember.

OKCisOK4me
11-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I will be fine with both of them not playing...lol

We agree on something! Yippe!!

soonerfan_in_okc
11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
If our offense shows up, we should be fine. I do not think OSU's defense has improved enough to be able to stop us as much as our defense can stop their offense. Of course, or offense most likely will not show up and if that is the case, it could get ugly. We will either win like nebraska beat osu in a shoot out, or lose like baylor did in a lopsided game. Luckily, only 1 day left.

jmarkross
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
ou 48 osu 24

jn1780
11-27-2010, 10:23 PM
ou 48 osu 24

You almost got 1/2 of that right.

OU 47 OSU 41

kevinpate
11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I was dead bang wrong, and that's just fine by me.

Thank you OU for playing all four quarters, and on the road no less.

blangtang
11-27-2010, 10:53 PM
that was a great exciting game. I'm glad espn had their gameday crew for this one.

ljbab728
11-27-2010, 11:16 PM
So much for the complaint about OU not playing well on the road. Not that it was a perfect game but it was a road win against the best team they've played this year. And any worries from earlier this season about a 4th quarter swoon are over.

Thunder
11-28-2010, 01:58 AM
I am a bit worried about who will go to the Big 12 Champ this year. Something about having to be at least 5 slots apart in the BCS rankings? Since OU allowed OSU to score that much, I'm not sure if OSU will drop much. Two high ranking teams, Boise State and LSU, lost this week, so that should help move OU up so much. Just not sure how far OSU will drop.

I forgot what was mentioned... If OU and OSU falls within 5 or less slots apart, then what?

If OU do get to take on Nebraska and win that game, is there any slight hope for OU to get at least #2 for the national BCS title game? Depends on how other higher ranked teams play and/or lose.

NativeOkie
11-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Living now on the West Coast, I miss the annual dash the dreams of Aggies day. I see many Sooner fans and husker fans and longhorn fans in California. Never any orange and black... I think OSWHo should ask for realignment in the Big 12 North, they could just maybe play for a championship of sorts. Anyway thanks for putting a smile on this face AGAIN. I am always torn between wanting to blow the little step-sis from stillwater out and beating them by one. Since Gundy has been there I like winning by one. I know it hurts him worse.

MustangGT
11-28-2010, 06:48 AM
If OU do get to take on Nebraska and win that game, is there any slight hope for OU to get at least #2 for the national BCS title game? Depends on how other higher ranked teams play and/or lose.

At this point OU's chance of playing in the BCS Championship game are so close to zero as to be virtually indistinguishable. I am a dyed in the wool Sooner Fan/Alum but I seriously doubt it could happen this year.

TaoMaas
11-28-2010, 06:54 AM
At this point OU's chance of playing in the BCS Championship game are so close to zero as to be virtually indistinguishable. I am a dyed in the wool Sooner Fan/Alum but I seriously doubt it could happen this year.

Yeah..OU isn't even going to get within sniffing distance of the BCS Championship this year. I AM hoping that they go to the Big 12 Championship game, though. I think it would be a fitting finale to the Big 12 to have it decided by a classic OU/Nebraska game one last time.

Easy180
11-28-2010, 07:19 AM
The few projections I have seen have OU at 10 and OSU at 13

PennyQuilts
11-28-2010, 07:43 AM
annual dash the dreams of Aggies day
Haha!

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 09:17 AM
You almost got 1/2 of that right.

OU 47 OSU 41

I got this one pretty well--when you add to it my earlier remarks about why OU would win...tradition...and Landry Jones and Ryan Broyles (nice catch on the onside)...my, my, my--what a good game! The men-folk were standing on the balls of their heels and the lady-folk had to excuse themselves suffering from the "vapors"...

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Living now on the West Coast, I miss the annual dash the dreams of Aggies day. I see many Sooner fans and husker fans and longhorn fans in California. Never any orange and black... I think OSWHo should ask for realignment in the Big 12 North, they could just maybe play for a championship of sorts. Anyway thanks for putting a smile on this face AGAIN. I am always torn between wanting to blow the little step-sis from stillwater out and beating them by one. Since Gundy has been there I like winning by one. I know it hurts him worse.

Lucky you got to see it...when I lived out there they used to put on a Washington State vs. Oregon State Pac-10 game and pre-empt a game you would *kill* to watch...

skyrick
11-28-2010, 09:33 AM
that was a great exciting game. I'm glad espn had their gameday crew for this one.

Are you kidding me? Musburger and Herbstreit are idiots! When Jonathan Nelson went down Musburger said, "Well, we have a Hoosier down on the field."!

Also, I live in Arlington, TX and they constantly referred to the Big 12 Championship next week in "dallas"! In the World Series the Fox announcers were well enough informed to say "Arlington"

gen70
11-28-2010, 10:26 AM
I heard that Hoosier comment and thought, WTH?

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Trash talk from the L.A. Times... Gorgeous woman on the arm of Oklahoma State player is called … a tattoo.

For more funny rivalry week remarks--see--

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/24/sports/la-sp-1125-dufresne-rankings-20101125-10

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I heard that Hoosier comment and thought, WTH?

Brent is getting a little long in the tooth and short on the rhetoric...

skyrick
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Brent is getting a little long in the tooth and short on the rhetoric...

Diplomatically put, JMR, but you are being WAY too generous.

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Diplomatically put, JMR, but you are being WAY too generous.

Well...you may be right...but I appreciated his giddiosity after the OU comeback at the A&M game in College Station in 2000...which we won 35-31...

skyrick
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Well...you may be right...but I appreciated his giddiosity after the OU comeback at the A&M game in College Station in 2000...which we won 35-31...

??? "Giddiosity"??? I think I like it!

jmarkross
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
??? "Giddiosity"??? I think I like it!

Well...it follows the same logic as the appalling..."Athleticism"--if you can let that fly out of your mouth--well--all bets are off!

bluedogok
11-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I am a bit worried about who will go to the Big 12 Champ this year. Something about having to be at least 5 slots apart in the BCS rankings? Since OU allowed OSU to score that much, I'm not sure if OSU will drop much. Two high ranking teams, Boise State and LSU, lost this week, so that should help move OU up so much. Just not sure how far OSU will drop.

I forgot what was mentioned... If OU and OSU falls within 5 or less slots apart, then what?
It is one place. If OU is 10 in the BCS and OSU is 11, OU still represents the South based on the head to head. Now if OU was 10 and A&M were to be 11 then A&M would represent the South because of head to head, if OU is 10 and A&M is 12 then OU represents the South.

No way OU goes, there are way too many teams that would have to lose before that would happen, and some of those teams play each other so there would still be two winners ahead of OU. TCU is done so all it would do is guarantee them one of the slots.

Easy180
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
OU came in at 9

Will be nice to smash Neb and show them the door...Cause you know it will be uncomfortable if the Big 12 commish has to hand the trophy to the deserters

jmarkross
11-29-2010, 04:16 AM
FYI---

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2010/11/28/1840186/it-was-the-type-of-performance-that-should-be-remembered-for-years-to

Thunder
11-29-2010, 05:46 AM
I think it is time for Boone Pickens to stop giving OSU free money. It is disgusting he is trying to buy wins against the Sooners.

I am even more terrified of him leaving completely everything to OSU with his death Will. :-(

The game, being too close, was not the kind of game I'd like. I prefer a game with comfy several touchdowns lead. The last 5 minutes of the game was way too scary with the back-to-back touchdowns by both teams. Way too close!

kevinpate
11-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Nah. Pickens can leave his money where ever he wants to leave it. When an institution doesn't have numerous generous donors, such as OU and many, many others, it's nice when it can have a major benefactor like Pickens.

As for being too close, hogwarsh, balderdash and poppycock. blow out games are dull and not worth watching. Tight games are where it's at. Even if someone had been napping until well into the fourth quarter, he or she would have seen a whole night of football in just the last 1/8 of the bedlam game. It was a tense night, and I wasn't at my best for a spell, but it was a truly pleasant highlight in a decent holiday weekend.

adaniel
11-29-2010, 07:56 AM
At work now and it is awfully quiet from our resident OSU fans. Probably as quiet as...well, the last time they got beat by us. For a fanbase that cries about barbaric torture at the hands of "gooner" fans there sure is a lot of mouth running from the Poke Nation. I will say that the past 3 weeks or so have been excruciating at work. I never responded because I knew what the result was going to be....the exact same thing thats happened the past 7 years! One fan did decide to turn my boomer sooner banner upside down...cute. And I'm sure I will hear the same story from one of these guys that they heard from a friend of a friend at the game who saw some dat gum cheatin gooner fan swearing at/spitting on/peeing on/throwing feces at aghast Cowboy fans. Too bad it will sound like the same woe-is-us BS they've been blabbing the past few years.

But for now, I will enjoy the peace and silence an OU victory brings.

skyrick
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Nah. Pickens can leave his money where ever he wants to leave it. When an institution doesn't have numerous generous donors, such as OU and many, many others, it's nice when it can have a major benefactor like Pickens.

As for being too close, hogwarsh, balderdash and poppycock. blow out games are dull and not worth watching. Tight games are where it's at. Even if someone had been napping until well into the fourth quarter, he or she would have seen a whole night of football in just the last 1/8 of the bedlam game. It was a tense night, and I wasn't at my best for a spell, but it was a truly pleasant highlight in a decent holiday weekend.

What he said.

NativeOkie
11-30-2010, 02:22 PM
At work now and it is awfully quiet from our resident OSU fans. Probably as quiet as...well, the last time they got beat by us. For a fanbase that cries about barbaric torture at the hands of "gooner" fans there sure is a lot of mouth running from the Poke Nation. I will say that the past 3 weeks or so have been excruciating at work. I never responded because I knew what the result was going to be....the exact same thing thats happened the past 7 years! One fan did decide to turn my boomer sooner banner upside down...cute. And I'm sure I will hear the same story from one of these guys that they heard from a friend of a friend at the game who saw some dat gum cheatin gooner fan swearing at/spitting on/peeing on/throwing feces at aghast Cowboy fans. Too bad it will sound like the same woe-is-us BS they've been blabbing the past few years.

But for now, I will enjoy the peace and silence an OU victory brings.

I disagree with one phrase.... it is not "Poke Nation" Poke state our counties maybe. One rarely sees OSWho merchandise outside of a Southwest Airlines connection hub.

jmarkross
11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
I was quite glad to see Mike Gundy was named Big 12 Coach of the Year. He deserves it. And--God knows--he is over 40...

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-states-mike-gundy-named-big-12-coach-of-the-year/article/3519336?custom_click=email_lead_story_title

skyrick
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I was quite glad to see Mike Gundy was named Big 12 Coach of the Year. He deserves it. And--God knows--he is over 40...

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-states-mike-gundy-named-big-12-coach-of-the-year/article/3519336?custom_click=email_lead_story_title

Is he a man?

jmarkross
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Is he a man?

Your DAMN RIGHT he is!! I rather liked that outburst...I recall Mr. Bob Stoops throwing a needless tantrum about a referee's call in the 2000 OU-Tx A&M game in 2000 when they were 10 pts behind, 4th qtr.--he went on and on and it REALLY fired up his team--which was why he did it. They won the game. Look at Gundy's ability to lead his team since his "outburst"! The man knew exactly what he was doing. And he deadpanned it like Richard Burton...