View Full Version : "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

dismayed
11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
You know, these guys really need to be stopped. All free speech has limits.

TOPEKA, Kan. -- A controversial Kansas church is changing its protest plan after an incident in Oklahoma last week.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church said they want revenge after someone slashed the tires on their van during visit to protest a military funeral in McAlester. The group said it plans to now target funerals for Oklahoma children.

The group said it planned to picket the funeral of an 8-year-old Burneyville girl who died in an accident at the Love County Fairgrounds last week, although no protesters were seen near the services. The group said it would be in Owasso on Thursday to protest the funeral of a girl who died in a car crash.

The Westboro Baptist Church's website now reads "God Hates Oklahoma" and "The Lord curses them by killing Oklahoma's children and casting them into hell. Thank God for more dead children in Oklahoma."

http://www.koco.com/news/25833473/detail.html

MadMonk
11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
There are limits to free speech in the interest of public safety. Couldn't something like that be perceived as inciting a riot?

Thunder
11-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I believe their God is actually the Satan. Because the real God do not promote hate. The real God promote love. What these morons are doing is hate promoted by Satan, their God.

MustangGT
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
They are ramping up their rhetoric. Maybe one day a bad case of non-breathing will overtake those heathens.

kevinpate
11-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, lots of people get pissed when their tires get slashed.
I guess if you don't gritch and moan about it over a beer until it passes you decide to diss dead children.

Classy .... not.

bluedogok
11-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks like they are headed back to McAlester to protest as well.

Dustin
11-19-2010, 01:58 AM
God hates Oklahoma? Im pretty sure he now hates Kansas.

The media REALLY needs to just IGNORE the westbozo church crazies..

Dustin
11-19-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y6jnsqTuHw&feature=related

This man is a genius.

jmarkross
11-19-2010, 03:55 AM
These people plead a strong case for Euthanasia...

jmarkross
11-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Looks like they are headed back to McAlester to protest as well.
Having a small amount of anecdotal experiences in the city of McAlester...I think these folks going there--for any reason--is ill-advised...

sgt. pepper
11-19-2010, 07:42 AM
If these monkeys starts protesting childrens funerals, thier tires are not the only thing they need to worry about. People can only take so much from these deamons.

Midtowner
11-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Don't feed the trolls.

FritterGirl
11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Midtowner has it right... don't feed the trolls.

These people have a single M.O., which is bring attention to themselves and do what they can to put themselves in a position of being able to sue.

Honestly, the BEST thing people can do - ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA - is to put these folks on IGNORE. If no one comes around to hear what they are screeching about, they'll eventually go away.

They want others to engage with them, and incite fury so they can turn around and sue them, and/or the city in which they are trying to exercise their freedom of speech.

jmarkross
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
If these monkeys starts protesting childrens funerals, thier tires are not the only thing they need to worry about. People can only take so much from these deamons.

They are always protesting someone's children's funerals...they need to be...dealt with...

sgt. pepper
11-19-2010, 02:17 PM
They are always protesting someone's children's funerals...they need to be...dealt with...

This is so true.

USG'60
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Anyone want to go to heaven and be welcomed by 72 nuns..oops...I mean VIRGINS... in the near future?

Double Edge
11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm guessing they have decided to target Oklahoma because they get results here. They incite some people which will eventually lead to lawsuits and damages to put food in their hateful pie holes. And/or they have had proven success at fundraising from the bigots who reside here, read the press and send them support money. Plus it's close to home and that keeps their travel overhead low. Best thing is to ignore them.

TaoMaas
11-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Frankly, I think God loathes the Westboro Baptist Church and that's why he sent someone to slash their tires as a warning. If they don't understand the message or are too proud to receive it, I suspect that God will send a much clearer message in the future.

Easy180
11-20-2010, 11:47 AM
They want others to engage with them, and incite fury so they can turn around and sue them, and/or the city in which they are trying to exercise their freedom of speech.

Pretty much sums it all up...best thing you can do to piss them off is to ignore them as much as possible...doubtful at this point that lovely family will ever look for real jobs...enjoying their notoriety too much to give it up

Midtowner
11-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Frankly, I think God loathes the Westboro Baptist Church and that's why he sent someone to slash their tires as a warning. If they don't understand the message or are too proud to receive it, I suspect that God will send a much clearer message in the future.

I see where you're going.

So you think He sent the Archangel Gabriel to smite the Westboro Baptists' tires?

TaoMaas
11-20-2010, 12:23 PM

So you think He sent the Archangel Gabriel to smite the Westboro Baptists' tires?

I don't know if it was Gabriel, but surely God moved someone to act on his behalf against the Westboro Baptist Church. I think that's MORE believable than to think that God is killing our children because he hates Oklahoma....unless you believe God is a Democrat and he's pizzed that Oklahoma has gone so Republican. lol Think that's the case? Nah..me, either.

jmarkross
11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
The VERY BEST way to deal with these sub-human vermin is what is beginning to happen now with the bikers...surround them--if it takes 50--100--200--10,000--whatever it takes and close ranks around them until they cannot breathe. It's not the Earth the meek inherit--it's the DIRT.

semisimple
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
The VERY BEST way to deal with these sub-human vermin is what is beginning to happen now with the bikers...surround them--if it takes 50--100--200--10,000--whatever it takes and close ranks around them until they cannot breathe. It's not the Earth the meek inherit--it's the DIRT.

Agreed. Give them a hostile reception and they won't stick around too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc

Easy180
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Looks like our backwoods friends to the north have a fan...not sure what to think of this even though they are scum

The Wichita Eagle

Prosecutors today charged a decorated, double-amputee veteran with stalking and three counts of criminal use of a firearm in an incident involving members of a controversial Topeka church. Ryan J. Newell, 26, an Army veteran living in Marion, made his first appearance in Sedgwick County District Court through a video connection with the Sedgwick County Jail. He also was charged with false impersonation. His bond remains at $500,000.

Travis Heying/The Wichita Eagle | Buy this photo
This home was build for Ryan Newell in Marion recently. Newell, who lost both legs in combat while in Afghanistan, is being held in the Sedgwick County Jail on 500,000 bond. (Dec. 1, 2010)
Bond set for armed vet at City Hall
Veteran with guns arrested on suspicion of stalking Westboro Baptist Church members
View a video on YouTube of Ryan Newell on Home For Our Troops
Read the complaint against Ryan Newell
Veteran charged with stalking Phelps family
Vet faces 5 charges in Westboro incident
VETERAN CHARGED WITH STALKING PHELPS

Click here to see the video in full screen or to e-mail to a friend.
NEWELL FACES ADDITIONAL FELONY CHARGE

Click here to see the video in full screen or to e-mail to a friend.
In a Wichita case that has captured national attention, a double-amputee war veteran already accused of misdemeanors against a controversial Topeka church now faces a felony charge.

The latest charge — conspiracy to commit aggravated battery — was filed by Sedgwick County prosecutors Friday afternoon. The charge accuses Army veteran Ryan Newell of engaging in a conspiracy in which firearms were obtained and put in his vehicle and taken to a place where church members were located.

Mid-morning Tuesday, detectives arrested Newell. He was backed into a parking spot outside Wichita City Hall with guns and ammunition in his SUV while five Westboro church members met inside with Wichita police officials to discuss protest-safety concerns, sources have said.

The felony charge alleges that there was a conspiracy in which Newell entered into an agreement with another person.

Newell's bond remains at $500,000. His next court appearance is set for Dec. 16.

Judge Ben Burgess said at a hearing Friday that if Newell were to post the bond, there would be a hearing to consider additional conditions for his release. One condition already set is that he have no contact with Westboro members.

The Eagle on Friday received calls from New Hampshire to Nevada from people wanting to give money to Newell's legal defense or bond.

Kim Parker, the chief deputy district attorney in Sedgwick County, noted that the case has received wide attention and "that the public's sympathies may weigh heavy."

Double Edge
12-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Civil suit to follow and if guilty, what's his will be theirs.

Weren't they going to be in Norman protesting at some churches today?

Double Edge
12-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Yep, in Norman. Looks like some Zombies showed up to eat their brains. I'm guessing they found none and went away hungry.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164870433549740

TaoMaas
12-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Of course God hates Oklahoma! He's made us Republican, hasn't he? How much proof do you need?

acumpton
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
We are at the Championship game yesterday in Arlington and one of the guys who biked us to the stadium said that they were picketing across the street.

Easy180
12-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Guess the inbreeders don't enjoy the rain as reports say it was steady throughout the funeral

Only 5 protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church showed up at the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards, the estringed wife of former presidential nominee John Edwards.* Three adults and two children arrived carrying picket signs that said “Thank God for Breast Cancer”.

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, has made headlines for their protests at funerals of military persons killed in the Middle East.* They proclaim that the US is evil for it's support of homosexuals and Jews.

According to the Reuters, hundreds of counter-protesters arrived to block the Westboro congregation from disrupting the funeral.* The counter demonstrators waved flags and chanted “Love not Hate” and sang Christmas Carols.* They carried signs that included “Let them say goodbye in peace”.

PennyQuilts
12-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Of course God hates Oklahoma! He's made us Republican, hasn't he? How much proof do you need?

lame.

Bunty
12-12-2010, 10:50 AM
In one of the pictures, one of them is having to hold 4 signs. I hope that's a sign that their insanity is waning and won't come back strong this spring when the weather warms up.

MustangGT
12-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Hopeful thought Bunty.

Easy180
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like the AZ legislature is about to pass a bill making protesting within 300 feet of a funeral illegal in response to the fun bunch heading west for the kids funeral

Thunder
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Looks like the AZ legislature is about to pass a bill making protesting within 300 feet of a funeral illegal in response to the fun bunch heading west for the kids funeral

I just don't understand what is wrong with this world. We have madmen shooting nice people, but no one is willing to shoot these mad church people!

Brandon_sharp
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM

If it were Gabriel, he would have blown out their shocks... eh eh? Cuz they make shocks...

ljbab728
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I just don't understand what is wrong with this world. We have madmen shooting nice people, but no one is willing to shoot these mad church people!

Thunder, what a despicable statement to make. As abhorant as these people are, no one needs to be shot. We need the violence to end.

venture
01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Thunder, what a despicable statement to make. As abhorant as these people are, no one needs to be shot. We need the violence to end.

Yeah...a bit much. Moved to some prime real estate in Antarctica would be much better. :)

Thunder
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm not promoting for them to be shot down. I'm just saying how twisted the world is where nice people are gunned down while the crazy/evil/bad are rarely hunted down.

SoonerQueen
01-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I have wondered the same thing. You have good people that pass away due to illness or no fault of their own. Then you have these mean spirited people that protest and disrupt funerals. You had the people that were shot in Arizona by a very sick person, but no one is mad enough at the Westboro people to take them out. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just thinking out loud.

ljbab728
01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
I still think this is a terrible direction for a conversation about this to be taken. Both good and bad people are killed every day and there is nothing positive about that no matter what the motive is. The only exception I can see is if someone is killed in self defense or to protect someone else who is in danger. These people do not deserve to die. No matter how depraved their actions are, they haven't killed or tried to harm anyone physically that I'm aware of.

SoonerQueen
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I agree, I probably shouldn't have posted what I did.

USG'60
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I still think this is a terrible direction for a conversation about this to be taken. Both good and bad people are killed every day and there is nothing positive about that no matter what the motive is. The only exception I can see is if someone is killed in self defense or to protect someone else who is in danger. These people do not deserve to die. No matter how depraved their actions are, they haven't killed or tried to harm anyone physically that I'm aware of.

But we also need to bear in mind that emotional pain can hurt as bad as physical pain. Maybe these scumbags don't deserve to die for their acts, but they should suffer SOMEthing in return for their nasty behavior.

kevinpate
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Karma may be a slow dresser on party night, but she can also be right nasty when she finally makes a grand entrance and knocks back a couple of tinis.
Patience grasshopper .... patience.