View Full Version : airport body scanner machines...have a story? share it

decepticobra
11-17-2010, 04:35 AM
with the upcoming holiday travel season, im seeing lots of stories here and there about people rejecting full body scanner machines when being selected at random by tsa staff. im not an avid traveller, but well seasoned in my own right, and i have yet to encounter any of these machines, let alone, actually know anyone that has went thru one. i was wondering of anyone here has either had to go thru one, and/or rejected going thru one and opted for a patdown. im also curious how tsa staff determine exactly who to pull out of a crowd at random. in the back of my mind, i can almost sense it must be some sort of comical game to them as to who to select. "oh, yea..select that hot chick over there in the dolce and gabbana"...or..."pull that fat guy out of the line and make him do it."

Stew
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM
I've encountered those machines twice so far. The first was at the Richmond Airport a couple of months ago. There was hardly anybody going through security at the time so it was almost 100% for the full body scan. I asked if it was mandatory and I was told 'No' that I could opt out for an aggressive pat down. So I opted out for the pat down since all I saw were female agents. Heck I was up for a good groping. Anyway, instead of getting groped the TSA agent just pointed me on my way.

The second time was a couple of weeks ago at BWI in Baltimore. After the ID check there were two lines to enter. The line I chose had only the full body scanner. It was very very crowded at the time. I was thinking about opting out again but I didn't. I was tired and didn't feel like being contrary. Eh who am I kidding. Too many people I was a wuss.

I'm flying to New Orleans next week so woo hoo perhaps once again my junk will examined by a TSA pro.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm flying to New Orleans next week so woo hoo perhaps once again my junk will examined by a TSA pro.

You can wear a sport cup to cover your "junk" if you are afraid of being touched down there.

PennyQuilts
11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
You can wear a sport cup to cover your "junk" if you are afraid of being touched down there.

That will just encourage them to dig under it.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 08:25 AM

That is fun. :-)

Lord Helmet
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Methinks this is a 4th Amendment issue...

kevinpate
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Methinks this is a 4th Amendment issue...

You think there is some semblance remaining of an expectation of privacy in an airport?
Odds are still somewhat fair if you're a package destined for a cargo hold, but for bi-peds .... nah, not really.

MadMonk
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Giggity.

Mr T
11-17-2010, 02:37 PM
So they pull folk out at random? Not everyone has to choose the scan or the pat-down? What happens to the others - do they just use the regular metal detectors?

redrunner
11-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I can just imagine this happening with the new aggressive pat downs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mlch97EQDA

Thunder
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't understand that video.

ljbab728
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't understand that video.

It's about a man who is applying for the police academy. He's going through an advance physical exam.

Thunder
11-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I still don't see why it is a "Frisk Fail" since the man's meat was not groped with.

Lord Helmet
11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
You think there is some semblance remaining of an expectation of privacy in an airport?
Odds are still somewhat fair if you're a package destined for a cargo hold, but for bi-peds .... nah, not really.

Privacy...I suppose not...

I suppose if I can return the favor to the TSA agent without it being sexual assault..it's ok.

Lord Helmet
12-03-2010, 02:20 PM
And now we're going to just tell kids its a game? http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/airport-patdowns-grooming-children-sex-predators-abuse-expert/

Why are we patting down children anyway?

ljbab728
12-03-2010, 11:07 PM
And now we're going to just tell kids its a game? http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/airport-patdowns-grooming-children-sex-predators-abuse-expert/

Why are we patting down children anyway?

Patting down children isn't desirable but those who are determined to harm us are always looking for our weak links. They aren't above using a child to achieve their aims.