View Full Version : The Rut (deer breeding season) is here. BE CAREFUL

OKC Heel
11-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Just a heads up, it's that time of year. Riding the roads yesterday between noon and 3:30, i saw 17 bucks chasing does. I was mainly around Lake Arcadia, but saw 4 nice bucks chasing does near Galardia as well. Again, just a psa - you're gonna be seeing deer doing some stupid things in the next few weeks and that always means more car/deer accidents.

MustangGT
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Excellent reminder. Hefner Rd betwween Portland and Mar Arthur has a high deer population. Memorial Rd near Meridian is a frequent hot spot also.

FRISKY
11-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Yep! Be careful while driving. In the last couple days three deer have jumped across the road directly in front of my car. One of them was on Western around SW 164th while on my way to the OU football game. Another one jumped in front of my car (my bad...I was speeding) and if I have been any slower hitting the brakes I would have hit it. Luckly it didn't slow down and managed to run off the road, but the car was still going about 50mph and it was so close all I could see was the upper part of its body over the hood.