View Full Version : OU - Baylor Watch Party

ljbab728
11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
The final watch party of the regular football season will be on Saturday, November 20th at the RedPin Lounge in Bricktown for those of you who haven't given up on the season already. It will begin at 6:00PM, one hour prior to the 7:00PM kickoff. As usual, free appetizers will be available and all Sooner fans are welcome.

Kerry
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Why would anyone give up on the season already? Beat Baylor and OSU and OU wins the South and plays Nebraska one last time for all the Big XII marbles. Of course, that means we play Boise St again and lose by 35.

bluedogok
11-15-2010, 09:43 PM
It looks like I will be going to the game since it is only about an hour and a half up the road. Went through there this weekend heading up for the OU-Tech game.

ljbab728
11-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Why would anyone give up on the season already? Beat Baylor and OSU and OU wins the South and plays Nebraska one last time for all the Big XII marbles. Of course, that means we play Boise St again and lose by 35.

I agree with you Kerry, but you know how some OU fans are.

Thunder
11-16-2010, 12:34 AM
The final watch party of the regular football season will be on Saturday.

You're forgetting the OSU game....

Both of these games are Away...so I am predicting major losses.

ljbab728
11-16-2010, 10:03 PM
You're forgetting the OSU game....

Both of these games are Away...so I am predicting major losses.

No, I not forgetting anything Thunder. The watch party this weekend is the last one of the regular season being sponsored by the OU Club of OKC. There isn't going to be a watch party for the OSU game.

Thunder
11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Why? They expect us to lose?! >_< I know I don't attend, but just saying...

ljbab728
11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Why? They expect us to lose?! >_< I know I don't attend, but just saying...

LOL, Thunder. No, it has nothing to do with the expectation of a loss. It's because, due to the distance to Stillwater, it's basically more like a home game even if it isn't in Norman. The interest and attendance at the watch party wouldn't be great enough to justify it.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Okay. I hope we will win, although it will be very unlikely. There will be tough games for us.

Wacokid
11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
So...do they have such a gathering in Tulsa? I'm new to these parts.

Wacokid
11-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Well...disregard that post. I thought it was a Baylor gathering in OKC.

ljbab728
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Well...disregard that post. I thought it was a Baylor gathering in OKC.

You're excused Wacokid. Baylor fan watch parties are banned in Oklahoma anyway.

Lord Helmet
11-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I bet there is a watch party for Baylor alums somewhere in OK. Upon moving to Denver I was surprised to see all of the different sports bars that had school affiliations on gameday. Off the top of my head there are official watch parties for all OU, Nebraska, Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, Michigan, and Ohio State games at various places near down town Denver. There's probably more, but those are the flags I've seen flying on the front of places on Saturdays.

Martin
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
well...disregard that post. i thought it was a baylor gathering in okc.

i just want to say how happy i am that you guys beat texas this year. -M

Wacokid
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Every once in awhile the Bears are respectable, but long suffering fans knew the press got a little carried away with this year's success. BU beat a weak Texas team, along with Buffalo, Sam Houston State, Rice, Colorado, Kansas State and Kansas... who have combined for a 26-44 record. I've been suffering with the Bears since graduating there in the 70's. Being devout and faithful BU turns the other cheek, treats foes as they would be treated, and wants every meeting at Floyd Casey Stadium to be a blessing for all who attend. There may be foot washing available for the Sooners during their visit. My son is an OU law student.. I gave him the Bears and 14 with a brewski on the line. The Sooners should shed their road woes this weekend, become enlightend on the road to Waco, then race past OSU at Bedlam next week. We are here to help.

redrunner
11-18-2010, 07:02 PM
You're excused Wacokid. Baylor fan watch parties are banned in Oklahoma anyway.

I think any non-Oklahoma college watch party is banned. Texas has a large alumni base in OKC and they don't have official watch parties because the restaurants and bars won't allow them to. Now you can sure put your team colors on and fight for a seat at any bar/restaurant but beware of the scrotal assassin.

ljbab728
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Every once in awhile the Bears are respectable, but long suffering fans knew the press got a little carried away with this year's success. BU beat a weak Texas team, along with Buffalo, Sam Houston State, Rice, Colorado, Kansas State and Kansas... who have combined for a 26-44 record. I've been suffering with the Bears since graduating there in the 70's. Being devout and faithful BU turns the other cheek, treats foes as they would be treated, and wants every meeting at Floyd Casey Stadium to be a blessing for all who attend. There may be foot washing available for the Sooners during their visit. My son is an OU law student.. I gave him the Bears and 14 with a brewski on the line. The Sooners should shed their road woes this weekend, become enlightend on the road to Waco, then race past OSU at Bedlam next week. We are here to help.

Thanks for your help, Wacokid.