View Full Version : Fun free holiday family events

Jesseda
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I have two children and I always love the holidays, I try showing them money doesnt make the world go round, and that you can still have a great time during the holidays, on a dime.

This year the city of moore has there tree lighting ceremony on december 3rd
also in moore dec 3rd the moore library will have there holiday gala, there will be music, craft making for the kids and santa will be there and you will get a free picture with him.
Downtown moore will also have holiday events on Dec 3rd, sleighrides and special events iin the downtown retail stores and santa will also be around.. www.cityofmoore.com for more details.

Also one of my favorite traditions is the lighted park that is in midwest city. Sorry I do not know the parks name, maybe someone could help me out, but i go every year (still dont know the name lol) . I really enjoy it every time..

Last year I took the kids for the first time to the chickasha fesival of lights, and if you never been there, this is a must, there where so many lights, you get to park and walk around , we loved it.

I love doing holiday events with my children, if we decide to go look at lights at a park or at homes, my wife usually bakes some christmas cookies and a thermus of hot chocolate for the evening out.. I know my children will remember these times, and to just think all you need to spend a a gallon or two of gas fora great evening..

Now if you want to spend some money for a holiday outing. Orr family farm has a great christmas display and holiday event...

Does anyone else have any good holiday suggestions?

kevinpate
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Joe B Barnes Regional Park
http://midwestcityok.org/midwest-city-holiday-lights-spectacular-set-to-open

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Joe+B.+Barnes+Regional+Park+in+Midwest+City +,+ok&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Jesseda
11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
thanks kevinpate for the name.. i never bothered looking for the parks name, i just followed the big snowflakes to the park, which i wish moore would do on the street poles

EL Pinky Toe
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I am almost 30 and I have never been to a tree lighting ceremony. This may be a dumb question..but what's the purpose/reason behind it?

Jesseda
11-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Just found out it will be free to enter orr family farm this holiday season, you just have to pay forthe attractions you want to see, it saves money....Also this friday at the moore public library, thre will be a harry potter and the deathly hollows party for all ages, wand making, people dressed up as hogwarts professors, butterbeer and crafts, im taking my kids, it sounds like fun..