View Full Version : Missile or Jet Off California Coast

Pages : [1] 2

Kerry
11-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Has anyone seen the video of the missile off of the California coast? There is no way you can watch the video and conclude it is anything but a small missile. My guess is China or North Korea got a sub 30 miles of the coast of the largest city on the West Coast and fired a missile out to sea.

I do love the people claiming it was an airplane though. They come up with all kinds of fancy math to help explain it, but it doesn't add up. If that was a plane it was hauling @$$ and was under constant acceleration.

Here is the video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7036716.shtml

jmarkross
11-10-2010, 07:27 AM
It was a missile from a submarine. What else comes out of the ocean and flies straight up....with a big exhaust trail?

BBatesokc
11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Obviously it was some sort of airborne craft. However, when the only evidence is conclusions drawn from a video tape, I keep my options open. We've all seen tons of videos that end up being something pretty non-spectacular in the end.

I personally have no problem admitting I have no training or expertise to rule in or out any possibility with any certainty. That said, I think it was an evacuation shuttle from the lost city of Atlantis!

Kerry
11-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Everyone knows Atlantis is on the East Coast.

It could only be one of three things. 1. A jet aircraft, 2. A missile, 3. A rocket

If it was jet aircraft then it only had one engine because there is only one vapor trail at the point of origin. The camera zooms in close enough to determine that the smoke is not coming from two engines. It also has the classic trail of a missile or rocket where there is more smoke closer to the point of launch due to the same amount of fuel be burned but covering a short distance. As the missile picks up speed the same amount of fuel is burned over a greater distance. Plus, if it was an airplane flying at them it wouldn't have disappeared. Even if the sun stopped shinning on it airplanes still have blinking lights that can bee seen for miles. Finally, why would only one aircraft produce this effect when hundrreds of planes would have been following this same flight path everyday?

It was too small to be a rocket and launching a rocket at sea would be all but impossible without everybody and their brother knowing about it. The launch facility would be huge.

jmarkross
11-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Possibly an Aegis-class ship test of some kind...?

Kerry
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Possibly an Aegis-class ship test of some kind...?

Pretty sure it wasn't US in origin or from a surface ship. Do you know how many ships there are in those waters. Someone would have seen a surface launch ship. It had to come from a sub.

http://www.militarypictures.info/d/236-2/USS_John_McCain.jpg

My money is on the new leader of North Korea. They just sunk a South Korea war ship a few months ago and have twice fired rockets at the US that fell into the ocean thousands of miles short.

PennyQuilts
11-10-2010, 11:59 AM
The whole thing is wild.

Kerry
11-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I did hear earlier today we might have shot down something in-bound.

BBatesokc
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Looking like it was the less than spectacular conclusion I alluded too..... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/10/national/main7041217.shtml

The best part though is going to be all the nuts that will insist otherwise. - because obviously its a government coverup!

OKCisOK4me
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
It could have been the Pleiadians going back to their home planet and they wanted us to catch them on purpose...

http://aliens.monstrous.com/pleiadians.htm

jmarkross
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
I would suspect it was a test of mobility and launching of some West Coast Navy ships that can deter incoming missiles from the west...unless we find a group of dead folks in the San Diego area from Heaven's Gate who are fans of Hale-Bopp and long to return there...look!--just behind the comet's tail...you can just see the Mother Ship...

Jesseda
11-11-2010, 01:32 PM
It was a weather balloon people, mystery solved

OKCisOK4me
11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Weather balloons don't leave a plume of smoke or water vapor for miles...

jmarkross
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Weather balloons don't leave a plume of smoke or water vapor for miles...

Maybe--the knot loosened at the opening of it and it just went up really fast...

Dustin
11-11-2010, 04:14 PM
That's a missile.

kevinpate
11-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe--the knot loosened at the opening of it and it just went up really fast...

Who blew it up, Cheech or Chong?

dismayed
11-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Swamp Gas.

Kerry
11-11-2010, 08:00 PM
That's a missile.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has never seen a missile. Notice how the missile passes between the camera and the low level clouds. So much for being an airplane flying through cold air at high altitude.

Thunder
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM
After reviewing the video, I can confirm this is a missile/rocket.

jmarkross
11-12-2010, 03:15 AM

Confirmation acknowledged...

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Take this for what it is worth...I got it through a decent network of retired military pros...most of whom I know personally:

Finally there is something that has occurred, in which I am actually an expert and qualified to give a real answer about.

I am a retired U.S. Navy FireControl Technician, who is platform certified in the gun and missile systems on board Adams class guided missile destroyers, I have also worked with the Navy's Harpoon, Tomahawk and ASROC missile systems. (FireControl Techs operate, maintain and repair the computer, radar and periphial systems used to launch and guide the various naval weapon systems, we are the guys who "PUSH THE BUTTON")

Anyway, what I saw in the recent video concerning the object 30 miles off the coast of CA . Is blatently a foreign made, Large Cruise or ICBM missile, being launched by a sub-surface aquatic platform. First I know its a large missile because it did not exhibit the typical "corkscrewing" trajectory of a beam riding missile as it trys to acquire the targeting beam. This tells me its a Big Boy with a complete guidance system installed in it, what is nicknamed a "fire and forget" missile, as once its launched its internal guidance system takes over and there is no real need for external guidance.

Secondly, I'm fairly confident its not one of ours, as the vapor trail appears "dirty" it looks brownish. I have personally been involved in (5) SM2 missile launches, and (2) ASROC missile launches, and have been on safety observation for at least 15 more launches of Harpoons, Tomahawks and other missiles. We put a lot of sweat and money into our "birds" and part of that is the fuel cells, they burn very clean, a whitish-blue infact, not a dirty blackish brown. That missile had rather crude fuel cells, which tells me its not one of ours.

I bet the brass in Washington is freaked out big time, because of what I know of our "defenses" they should really have had a pretty good idea this thing was sitting there, and they should have been watching it, not only that the moment it broke the surface of the water and ignited our early warning dopplar should have picked it up, and relayed the info to NORAD, and the CAP units flying patrol over the country...

Any high ranking expert who believes this is a condensation trail off of a commercial airliner is lying or stupid. I hope you hear from other Fire Control Techs who saw the same thing I did!

I forgot something, as any Firecontrol Tech or Gunnersmate will verify, the protocals to launch a missile are so complex, there is no way this was an "accidental" launch. I do not want to share too much info, but there is no "one red button" to launch a missile, that's all hollywood B.S. Yes two keys are turned to arm the system, but it takes at least three other things to occur in proper sequence to launch a bird, so that's at least 5 people all doing something at the right time. Its impossible to accidentally lauch a missile!

They were testing out defenses, which Obama has been quitely neutralizing ever since he took office. Their nuclear sub was inside our 200 mile safety zone. We should have destroyed their missle and the sub immediately. It is an act of war which Obama has ignored and made us look weak to the entire world. Only China or Russia are capable of launching such a missle.
What is coming next?

FC2- AXXXXX/ RET

Thunder
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Thanks, jmarkross. Another reason for Obama not being able to be reelected. :-)

OKC@heart
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Take this for what it is worth...I got it through a decent network of retired military pros...most of whom I know personally:

Finally there is something that has occurred, in which I am actually an expert and qualified to give a real answer about.

I am a retired U.S. Navy FireControl Technician, who is platform certified in the gun and missile systems on board Adams class guided missile destroyers, I have also worked with the Navy's Harpoon, Tomahawk and ASROC missile systems. (FireControl Techs operate, maintain and repair the computer, radar and periphial systems used to launch and guide the various naval weapon systems, we are the guys who "PUSH THE BUTTON")

Anyway, what I saw in the recent video concerning the object 30 miles off the coast of CA . Is blatently a foreign made, Large Cruise or ICBM missile, being launched by a sub-surface aquatic platform. First I know its a large missile because it did not exhibit the typical "corkscrewing" trajectory of a beam riding missile as it trys to acquire the targeting beam. This tells me its a Big Boy with a complete guidance system installed in it, what is nicknamed a "fire and forget" missile, as once its launched its internal guidance system takes over and there is no real need for external guidance.

Secondly, I'm fairly confident its not one of ours, as the vapor trail appears "dirty" it looks brownish. I have personally been involved in (5) SM2 missile launches, and (2) ASROC missile launches, and have been on safety observation for at least 15 more launches of Harpoons, Tomahawks and other missiles. We put a lot of sweat and money into our "birds" and part of that is the fuel cells, they burn very clean, a whitish-blue infact, not a dirty blackish brown. That missile had rather crude fuel cells, which tells me its not one of ours.

I bet the brass in Washington is freaked out big time, because of what I know of our "defenses" they should really have had a pretty good idea this thing was sitting there, and they should have been watching it, not only that the moment it broke the surface of the water and ignited our early warning dopplar should have picked it up, and relayed the info to NORAD, and the CAP units flying patrol over the country...

Any high ranking expert who believes this is a condensation trail off of a commercial airliner is lying or stupid. I hope you hear from other Fire Control Techs who saw the same thing I did!

I forgot something, as any Firecontrol Tech or Gunnersmate will verify, the protocals to launch a missile are so complex, there is no way this was an "accidental" launch. I do not want to share too much info, but there is no "one red button" to launch a missile, that's all hollywood B.S. Yes two keys are turned to arm the system, but it takes at least three other things to occur in proper sequence to launch a bird, so that's at least 5 people all doing something at the right time. Its impossible to accidentally lauch a missile!

They were testing out defenses, which Obama has been quitely neutralizing ever since he took office. Their nuclear sub was inside our 200 mile safety zone. We should have destroyed their missle and the sub immediately. It is an act of war which Obama has ignored and made us look weak to the entire world. Only China or Russia are capable of launching such a missle.
What is coming next?

FC2- AXXXXX/ RET

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I am no expert but something with the way the object was flying told me that it was not as it had been reported. It takes no stretch of the imagination why the official story quickly turned to oh yeah it has to be a commercial jet liner. Can you imagine the public outcry and rage that would have emerged if they had acknowledged that it was as you described a public display of ineptitude on our part by a foreign power in our waters? We simply were not paying attention and someone just showed the world how illusory our deterrent really is...kind of like our monetary system, based on confidence but when the debt is called....

Now this is not to say that we do not have the best and the brightest most committed standing force, becuase we do. They just need to be able to do their job and we need to not cut their funding and pretend that we are untouchable, becuase clearly we are not.

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Another thing...the common consensus among the military is they do not trust Obama AT ALL. Should substantial things--begin to happen--it will be more than interesting...

Kerry
11-17-2010, 10:24 AM
I still laugh at people who think this was an airplane. My money is still on North Korea. You know when this missile was launched a lot of people had to go change their shorts.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
So, we (the public) still do not know where the missile came from, but the government knows exactly everything. It is quite stupid of them to keep things a secret...and the lame attempt to cover up. I am quite curious why the missile was launched away from America? They had the perfect opportunity to attack us. Looks like we must all stand alert and be prepared since we are living very close to TAFB. It is one of the hottest targets for terrorists and enemies from other countries. War is imminent.

BBatesokc
11-17-2010, 10:51 AM
All I can say is that I rest much more comfortably knowing none of the "OMG it was a missile from a foreign country!" individuals posting here have any influence or heaven forbid a finger on the button.

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I still laugh at people who think this was an airplane. My money is still on North Korea. You know when this missile was launched a lot of people had to go change their shorts.

The likely suspect would be China...using Oriental logic in proving a point, but doing no real harm. Followed with hijacking the internet right behind it. Watch the events around the world, we will never know the real happenings--we are not supposed to...

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
So, we (the public) still do not know where the missile came from, but the government knows exactly everything. It is quite stupid of them to keep things a secret...and the lame attempt to cover up. I am quite curious why the missile was launched away from America? They had the perfect opportunity to attack us. Looks like we must all stand alert and be prepared since we are living very close to TAFB. It is one of the hottest targets for terrorists and enemies from other countries. War is imminent.

Calm down, the sky is not falling. It is how things are done.

Lord Helmet
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM

Case closed. We can all move on.

Kerry
11-17-2010, 11:03 AM
All I can say is that I rest much more comfortably knowing none of the "OMG it was a missile from a foreign country!" individuals posting here have any influence or heaven forbid a finger on the button.

So I can put you down for 'Airplane'?

BBatesokc
11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
So I can put you down for 'Airplane'?

Absolutely. After seeing the special where they showed similar images from multiple angles, I can see where people who want to see a missile see one - but in all the examples they showed, when viewed from another angle you could clearly see it was a plane or other non-missile. I don't for one second believe a foreign country launched a missile and that our gov't pretended it never happened. There are plenty of people who think we blew up the twin towers and that a missile hit the Pentagon, but in my book they are kooks.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Absolutely. After seeing the special where they showed similar images from multiple angles, I can see where people who want to see a missile see one - but in all the examples they showed, when viewed from another angle you could clearly see it was a plane or other non-missile. I don't for one second believe a foreign country launched a missile and that our gov't pretended it never happened. There are plenty of people who think we blew up the twin towers and that a missile hit the Pentagon, but in my book they are kooks.

But... Millions of us saw it LIVE when the 2nd "plane" with no windows crashed into the tower. It was that same plane carrying a missile/bomb on the belly. No way in hell it was a passenger airliner!

And the one that struck the Pentagon... Simple as looking at the hole and compare to an airliner.

BBatesokc
11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
But... Millions of us saw it LIVE when the 2nd "plane" with no windows crashed into the tower. It was that same plane carrying a missile/bomb on the belly. No way in hell it was a passenger airliner!

And the one that struck the Pentagon... Simple as looking at the hole and compare to an airliner.

God, I'm so afraid to ask if you're being serious.

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM

What sort of airplane has that rate of climb?

Mr T
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
A super-secret airplane. They will tell us about it in The Future.

BBatesokc
11-17-2010, 11:38 AM
What sort of airplane has that rate of climb?

Your questions makes the assumption the object was indeed in a steep climb and moving at an extremely high rate of speed.

I think the video on this link is one of the simplest versions of what happened. http://politics-and-world-5678.blogspot.com/2010/11/california-missile-launch-airplane-or.html

PennyQuilts
11-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Oh Thunder.

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Probably the most likely event was a test flight of the "Aurora" (or the current successor)...Lockheed is right there where it happened...:woowoo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_%28aircraft%29

Stew
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Let's not be too quick to rule out aliens from another planet.

jmarkross
11-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Let's not be too quick to rule out aliens from another planet.

Are we alone?

Kerry
11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Why isn't your airplane flying in a straight line or along smooth arc? Some of the turns are so sharp passengers would be slamming into the walls of the plane. But let's say it is an airplane and wind is causing the contril to move around. Dozens of plane are in this same flight path, why are none of them making the same trail? Why did this 'plane' bank left and climb? In your own video you linked to the object passes between low level clouds and the camera. How do you explain that?

BBatesokc
11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Why isn't your airplane flying in a straight line or along smooth arc? Some of the turns are so sharp passengers would be slamming into the walls of the plane. But let's say it is an airplane and wind is causing the contril to move around. Dozens of plane are in this same flight path, why are none of them making the same trail? Why did this 'plane' bank left and climb? In your own video you linked to the object passes between low level clouds and the camera. How do you explain that?

Who's claiming the plane isn't flying in a relatively straight line - with the exception of one possible adjustment believed to be a leveling off?

Did you simply ignore everything pointed out by the guy from MIT? How do you disregard all his claims?

MadMonk
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
It's an airplane, flying at altitude and heading toward and slightly to the right of the viewer. The contrail is well lit by sunlight even in it's "lower" (really further away) sections, indicating it was not near the ground, which was in shadow at the time.

Lord Helmet
11-17-2010, 01:23 PM

I swear...every time I read one of your mindless posts I think...'surely these can't get any dumber'

...then I read something like this. I really do hope you're 12. For your own sake.

Thunder
11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
It is true! We all stood there wondering what the hell it was, because it did not look like a passenger airliner.

Kerry
11-18-2010, 06:37 AM
It's an airplane, flying at altitude and heading toward and slightly to the right of the viewer. The contrail is well lit by sunlight even in it's "lower" (really further away) sections, indicating it was not near the ground, which was in shadow at the time.

I stand in my front yard and watch the Shuttle take off every few months. Guess what, the smoke trail looks the same from the bottom to the top no matter what time of day it happens. This is out over the ocean beyond the horizon, where would a visible shadow come from? For it to happen the way you think, the launch would have to take place in area where the sun had already set and then climb to a height where the sun is still up AND the viewer would have to be in the perfect position to see shadow cast by the Earth. It is still daylight in the video and since the lauch happened over the horizon you don't know where that shadow falls.
n't
Now, it has been said that the video is 10 minutes long. If that is true then it is a plane. However, I don't know anyone who has seen all 10 minutes and it sure has been made available on-line in that length. Even of the video is 10 minutes long, is all 10 minutes of showing this object moving across the sky the whole time. Maybe CBS should put all 10 minutes on line and lets take a look. If it take all 10 minues to make that streak then airplane, if it takes 2 minutes then missile.

sacolton
11-22-2010, 12:32 PM
It was a missile ...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=230425

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 01:14 PM
It was a missile ...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=230425

WND is the furthest thing from fact based that you can get.

sacolton
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Waiting for FOX News to break the story?

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Waiting for FOX News to break the story?

Nope, because only the loons are hanging on to this conspiracy theory.

While I guess some people can argue a foreign country launched a missile off our coast and the President lied and covered it up for a whole host of reasons. But you can't argue that if that actually happened what you couldn't cover up is the response our military would have had if they really thought a foreign military was off our coast firing a missile - regardless what they told the public. They could easily scramble jets and say they were just being 'cautious, but it turned out to be a plane.'

If a drunk gets unruly on a commercial jetliner military jets are scrambled to escort it to a landing. Are you actually going to believe there wouldn't at least be a single report of us scrambling jets in response to this missile contrail you are so willing to believe?

Furthermore, all WND is offering is more speculation and zero evidence in the form of something measurable. There are plenty of independent analysis to be found on credible websites where they use science and math and not "golly gee I've seen airplanes before and that didn't look like no darn airplane to me" as proof.

Regardless, the best evidence is our government's lack of response regardless of any public statements.

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Combine the total lack of response by our government with this very detailed analysis. http://contrailscience.com/los-angeles-missile-contrail-explained-in-pictures/

jmarkross
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Nope, because only the loons are hanging on to this conspiracy theory.

While I guess some people can argue a foreign country launched a missile off our coast and the President lied and covered it up for a whole host of reasons. But you can't argue that if that actually happened what you couldn't cover up is the response our military would have had if they really thought a foreign military was off our coast firing a missile - regardless what they told the public. They could easily scramble jets and say they were just being 'cautious, but it turned out to be a plane.'

If a drunk gets unruly on a commercial jetliner military jets are scrambled to escort it to a landing. Are you actually going to believe there wouldn't at least be a single report of us scrambling jets in response to this missile contrail you are so willing to believe?

Furthermore, all WND is offering is more speculation and zero evidence in the form of something measurable. There are plenty of independent analysis to be found on credible websites where they use science and math and not "golly gee I've seen airplanes before and that didn't look like no darn airplane to me" as proof.

Regardless, the best evidence is our government's lack of response regardless of any public statements.

Hmmm--I think that is not very perceptive of things as they are...

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Hmmm--I think that is not very perceptive of things as they are...

How's that exactly? I'd argue my perspective is spot on with reality.

jmarkross
11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
How's that exactly? I'd argue my perspective is spot on with reality.

Scrambling jets would be useless if a missile were launched--I mean--what would they do? I just think--in my opinion only--things that are complicated get buried for a while--or--forever. That it was a missile launched off the coast seems pretty much to be what they who should know seem to think. The dilemma seems to be the exact launch point...which seems to be off the coast...

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 02:53 PM
You actually want people to believe that if the US government thought there was a foreign military vessel not only capable of firing a missile but actually firing a missile just off our coast we'd just sit back and ignore it - because, as you put it, "what could they do?"

I guess the president just sat back and hoped the military war submarine would just go away and was all by itself and not even send jets or ships to look things over?

That it was a missile launched off the coast seems pretty much to be what they who should know seem to think. As long as you choose to ignore the comments and science and evidence of those you know better.

jmarkross
11-22-2010, 03:05 PM
It is not at all inconceivable diplomatic contact might have been made apprising the USA of what it was and essentially saying--what are you going to do about it? It is, after all, how these things are often done...America has never been weaker than it is today...

BBatesokc
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
It is not at all inconceivable diplomatic contact might have been made apprising the USA of what it was and essentially saying--what are you going to do about it? It is, after all, how these things are often done...America has never been weaker than it is today...

Oh yeah, I forget, you ARE "in the know" right? You do realize the show 24 is for entertainment right?

jmarkross
11-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah, I forget, you ARE "in the know" right? You do realize the show 24 is for entertainment right?

It is just an opinion...you may take it for what it is worth to you...

MadMonk
11-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Combine the total lack of response by our government with this very detailed analysis. http://contrailscience.com/los-angeles-missile-contrail-explained-in-pictures/

Just now took a look at this site. It's explains it very well.