View Full Version : Are there any dog friendly restaurants, even if it's just the outdoor patio?

USAF
11-07-2010, 12:02 PM
New to the area and was curious if there were any in OKC metro.

Jersey Boss
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
All the Korean restaurants are.

MustangGT
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Funny. Unless it is a service animal then nope there are and should not be. I love my dogs but taking them into a restaurant and they are not service animals is not something I want to see. IMHO.

bradzilla
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
we are avid animal lovers and take all of our dogs on road trips and some vacations but if you cant be away from your animal for long enough to eat a meal then you......

need to live in califoria. ive never understood why some people like to have their dogs sit there and stair at them while they eat. *two cents*

MrBojangles
11-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Louie's on Lake Hefner, if you sitting on the patio.

tuck
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Cheevers Cafe patio

Steve
11-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Not funny. Not appropriate.

tburn
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
There is another post in the Pets forum with more discussion on this!

We love to take our well mannered, friendly, clean dog with us! Really helps to socialize your family pet!
Flip's patio is tolerant, Deep Deuce patio, Mamasita's, Louie's Lakeside, Galileo's in Paseo, I think Midtown Deli would work as the patio is large.That is all I can think of for now.
The weather is great right now for patio dining!

tburn
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
ooops, Galileo's is no longer. I meant Picasso's - in Paseo.

metro
11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I hope not, the two don't mix, especially for sanitary reasons.

Lord Helmet
11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Funny. Unless it is a service animal then nope there are and should not be. I love my dogs but taking them into a restaurant and they are not service animals is not something I want to see. IMHO.

I moved to Denver about a year ago. The majority of restaurants are dog friendly, especially if there is a patio. Most place actually have free dog treats and a water bowl. It's the most dog-friendly place I've ever been.

Bill Robertson
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I moved to Denver about a year ago. The majority of restaurants are dog friendly, especially if there is a patio. Most place actually have free dog treats and a water bowl. It's the most dog-friendly place I've ever been.

Key West is also that way. One of the many reasons we love to go there.

tburn
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't see why it is deemed unsanitary!
I know I'm generalizing, but the kind of people that want to hang out with their dog on a patio, most likely bathe the dog, let it live inside with them, and keep it flea free. A dog sitting on the ground won't track anything into the restaurant that doesn't already go in on patrons shoes ...

I'm thankful for the few patios we have in town, and the few months a year that weather permits me being there with my dog.

USAF
11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Good one!

ljbab728
11-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I know nothing I say will change the mind of a dog lover, however this is my take. I do not currently have a dog but have had many in my life and never would have considered taking one to a restaurant even if it was on a patio. There are many other kinds of outings with a dog that I and the dog both would have enjoyed more. I've know many dogs are relatively well behaved but I've seen many people who think it's cute when their dog accosts a stranger by jumping on them or coming up to lick hands or other things. Even well behaved dogs lick and you know that you wouldn't want to touch many of the places that they lick. It's just not a scene that is appetizing to me to have dogs around when I'm eating.

betts
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM
I think I recently read that all the Bricktown restaurants with patios will accept dogs.

metro
11-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I know nothing I say will change the mind of a dog lover, however this is my take. I do not currently have a dog but have had many in my life and never would have considered taking one to a restaurant even if it was on a patio. There are many other kinds of outings with a dog that I and the dog both would have enjoyed more. I've know many dogs are relatively well behaved but I've seen many people who think it's cute when their dog accosts a stranger by jumping on them or coming up to lick hands or other things. Even well behaved dogs lick and you know that you wouldn't want to touch many of the places that they lick. It's just not a scene that is appetizing to me to have dogs around when I'm eating.

Well said. I don't find it "cute" for your dog to lick me or sniff me. If I want to pet your dog, I will.

calitook
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
A dog's-eye view of the Metro- still getting up and running but we have lots more possibilities on the list. Check it out!

Ween on the Scene (http://weenonthescene.blogspot.com/)

WilliamTell
10-13-2012, 11:38 AM
tuckers is dog friendly