View Full Version : Post your diet here....

Patrick
03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm kind of curious what everyone eats on a daily routine. If you wouldn't mind posting your daily menu, it would be interesting to see.

Patrick
03-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Here was my menu for the day:

Hopefully this is soon to change when I adopt Luke's diet, after I get married. Right now my diet isn't the greatest! Check out all those carbs and starches, and lack of fruits and vegetables.

1. Breakfast- Blueberry Morning Cereal

2. Snack: Garlic and cheese rolls

3. Lunch- New York Strip Steak, Ranch Style Beans, Corn bread

4. Snack: Hershey's with Almonds

5. Dinner: Smoked pork, Tator Tots, Green Beans.

Rev. Bob
03-09-2005, 01:00 AM
My menu from today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries

Snack #1: Granola Bar

Snack #2: Sliced apple

Lunch: Salad with Ham, Cheese, Hard-boiled eggs, chicken, etc. Fettucine alfredo with shrimp. Italian green beans.

Snack #4: Sliced oranges

Dinner: Grilled salmon, cole slaw with Fat Free dressing, hush puppies, corn on the cob.

Snack #5: baby carrots

Midtowner
03-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Yesterday:

B: Oatmeal

Snack: A bit of a chocolate bar that I bought off of some kid fund raising for his school

Lunch: Fajita Salad -- chicken, lettuce, tomato, olives, cheese, salsa

snack: Granola Bar

Dinner: 2 Pepperoni Pita Pizzas

mranderson
03-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Breakfast: Two servings instant oatmeal (two packets) or two eggs. May substitute with a grapefruit.

Lunch: Either a 20 minute walk around Hefner or running down 10 flights of stairs.
I really need to find something I can eat for lunch.

Dinner: Either two baked or boiled chicken breasts seasoned with garlic powder and chilli powder, topped with ketsup, salsa, or mustard. Along with a double portion of one vegatable.

Snack: Three pieces of fruit, some carrots or celery, or a bowl of sugar free gelitan.

Drink: A lot of water and three cups of coffee a day (max)

So far, I have lost 15 pounds. This since February 22.

Karried
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Way to Go! Great job on losing weight!

When I first moved here, I know I started eating emotionally, I was missing my friends and the stress of moving to another state, fear of the unknown etc. Slowly but surely, I started noticing an increase in pounds. I booked a vacation ( which never fails to motivate me) started South Beach, lost 16 lbs in two months and kept it all off since last August.

I cheat now and then and I really should lose another 5- 10 but hey I love to eat! It truly is one of my most favorite things to do.

Breakfast - coffee,coffee, more coffee ( when I'm really good, three egg omelet and bacon)
Snack - almonds, sunflowers seeds
Lunch - Salad, chicken or tuna - with all the toppings, extra lettuce no croutons - ranch dressing
Snack - Mozzarella Cheese stick
Dinner - Chicken breast, Pork or Steak - vegetables - salad

no pasta, little bread, white foods...only occasionally - if I crave a dessert I'll have three bites and that is it - usually I would eat the piece of cake, no problem - and my waistline showed it... but I can live with this way of eating. I made a goal this week to walk three times a week with my black lab and have salads for lunch - and buy liquid vitamins ( I can't take those big pills). Healthy eating is my goal, not just weight loss and I try to incorporate lots of veggies. So that's my ideal eating plan and of course, I still cheat but just keep going the next day, trying to do better.

Keith
03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
You guys make me look pathetic:doh: .

Today:

Breakfast: 2 apple fritters, one long john, 1 coke (normally it is cheerios)
No Snacks
Lunch: Taco Bueno (Big Ole Burrito, medium coke, Cinnamon crispas)...normally I have a ham sandwich w/mustard on wheat bread, chili cheese fritos, 3 oatmeal raisin cookies, and coke
No Snacks
Dinner: Spaghetti, green beans, garlic bread, pudding, coke.

I know, I know...I drink too much coke. I also keep a gallon full of water at my desk all day and usually drink most all of it. One thing I very seldom do is snack. I am not an "eat between the meals" type person.

Lots of oatmeal eaten on this forum.

Patrick
03-10-2005, 12:23 AM
You would think eating snacks would be bad for you, but most diet experts are now recommending smaller meals and more often....the general recommendation is 5 small meals a day.

mranderson, sounds like both of you are on great diet plans. I definitely need to consider getting on one.

Keith, well...way too much Coke! No wonder we both have gutts! :)

Glad to hear everyone is eating oatmeal here...it's sure good for you!

Keep posting your diets. They're fun to read.

Patrick
03-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Here's my dumb diet from today:

Breakfast: Blueberry Morning Cereal with milk

Snack: 1 Hersheys with almonds

Lunch: Nothing, Nada, Zero

Dinner: Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Beef rice, corn

Snack (darn, this was too late to be eating): Cheese and crackers

Patrick
03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
If you ever get the chance, try to rent the movie "Supersize Me." It's about this guy that has to eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. This might help your dieting along if you're wanting to lose weight.

Karried
03-10-2005, 07:23 AM
I saw that movie, oh man, it made me sick watching it but what an eye opener, I haven't eated MCDonalds since... I used to Supersize everything. But he did go wayyy overboard. Moderation is the key in everything I guess. I know a few french fries won't kill me, but he got really sick from all of that junk food!

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok this is pretty easy,

Lets see Coffee,2 diet pills,and lots of water!

DarlingDiva

Jay
03-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm trying to excercise portion control and moderation with my diet.

I am also trying to eat as many fruits and vegtables as possible.

Midtowner
03-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Bowl of flavored oatmeal -- some really cool dinosaur facts on the back of the package!
No snack
Lunch: 1 grilled turkey/cheese/tomato/lettuce sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with bowtie pasta covered in a fat free alfredo sauce. Grilled vegetables on the side
Nightcap -- one of my fraternity brothers came over to work on a project for our national HQ, we had a glass of diet coke with about 1.5oz of liquor in it -- specifically Hot Damn 100 (cinnamon schnapps) (so add 151 extra calories)

Midtowner
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Today:
B: Oatmeal (more dinosaur facts)
L: Red Cup's Vegetarian Chili
D: Undecided, but it'll be healthy stuff.

Keith
03-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Today:

Breakfast: 6 bowls cheerios, glass of orange juice
Lunch: Bologna/turkey sandwich/doritos/coke/oatmeal raisin cookies
Dinner: BBQ brisket, scallopped potatoes, beans, coke

No snacks today...but I did drink lots of water.

1adam12
03-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Breakfast/ Egg McMuffin and water
Lunch/ Chef salad and banana
Dinner/ Turkey burger and ice tea

mranderson
03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Breakfast/ Egg McMuffin and water
Lunch/ Chef salad and banana
Dinner/ Turkey burger and ice tea

What? No donuts?

Patrick
03-16-2005, 11:39 PM
LOL! looks like this cop may be more into McDonalds!

My diet today:

Breakfast: nothing (wish I had some dinosaur facts.....Midtowner, what kind of oatmeal do you have?)

Snack: none

Lunch: 4 Cheese Lausagna- microwave dinner

Dinner: Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy, Wild Rice, Tossed salad

Snack: Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit (okay, I decided to have my breakfast now)!!!

Midtowner
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM

My diet today:

Breakfast: nothing (wish I had some dinosaur facts.....Midtowner, what kind of oatmeal do you have?)

Snack: Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit (okay, I decided to have my breakfast now)!!!

Quaker Oat Meal's flavored oatmeals.. they're about 4.79 or so for a 12 pack. Just add water/milk, heat 2 mins in microwave, and eat. Only 120 calories or so and fairly nutritious. Beats cold cereal. I like warm things for breakfast. Especially in the winter.

I finished up today with one of those rotisserie chickens (had around 1/3 of it) some fresh green beans and shells & cheese.

Patrick
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Quaker Oat Meal's flavored oatmeals.. they're about 4.79 or so for a 12 pack. Just add water/milk, heat 2 mins in microwave, and eat. Only 120 calories or so and fairly nutritious. Beats cold cereal. I like warm things for breakfast. Especially in the winter.

I finished up today with one of those rotisserie chickens (had around 1/3 of it) some fresh green beans and shells & cheese.

Yum! Rotisserie chickens are quite good, and pretty healthy for you. Picking up one at Wal-Mart always makes a great meal.

I actually haven't had Quaker flavored Oatmeal in along time. I suppose I'll have to pick up a box. I always liekd the bananas and cream and peaches and cream. Do you have a specific favorite, or do you get the variety box?

Keith
03-17-2005, 05:58 AM

My diet today:

What Patrick doesn't tell you is that when he is eating breakfast, most of us are already eating lunch. :LolLolLol

Midtowner
03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Yum! Rotisserie chickens are quite good, and pretty healthy for you. Picking up one at Wal-Mart always makes a great meal.

I actually haven't had Quaker flavored Oatmeal in along time. I suppose I'll have to pick up a box. I always liekd the bananas and cream and peaches and cream. Do you have a specific favorite, or do you get the variety box?

It's all about the variety box. I'd say my favorite variety box has to be the one that has the different "bread" flavors -- like banana bread, cinnamon roll, etc.

Yeah, and the dinosaur facts are cool too.

Patrick
03-17-2005, 11:07 PM
What Patrick doesn't tell you is that when he is eating breakfast, most of us are already eating lunch. :LolLolLol

Very true! Actually, I've been having to wake up earlier to take Megan to work. Parking sucks in Bricktown for employees, so to make it esy, I've just been taking her. I actually feel better waking up at 6:30 AM!

Midtowner
03-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Went out to Red Rock Canyon Grill over on the East Wharf. Had their special which was a 12 oz. NYC Strip steak with gorgonzola blue cheese on top of it. Wood grilled. Wonderful steak. I believe it was around $30.00 though (I didn't pay)

Very good though!

I will definitely be at the gym today though.

sweetdaisy
03-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Patrick and Keith - your eating habits make me giggle! Though I shouldn't talk. Today's feasts:

Bkfast: peanut butter crackers out of the snack machine at work and lots of coffee
Snack: Coke
Lunch: Fried shrimp from Long John Silvers (they were NOT good, so I didn't eat very many. And the smell was so bad that I couldn't even indulge my french fry fetish...I threw everything away) Iced tea to drink.
Snack: small bag of chocolate chip cookies (also from the snack machine at work) and a Coke
Dinner: Probably a left over eggroll and chicken fried rice from last nite

I haven't had time to go to the grocery for a couple weeks, but my body is beginning to crave salads...time to get some healthy foods on board!

Keith
03-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Well, I didn't do much better today.

Breakfast: 8 bowls of Cocoa Puffs, 2 glasses of water.
Snack: Just a few bit size chips ahoy
Lunch: Chicken sandwich, Lays chips, Coke, and two larger cookies.
No Snack
Dinner: Extra long cheese coney from Sonic..no cheese or onions, onion rings, coke.

I had to work late this evening, so my meal wasn't very healthy. It was balanced, though. I held the Coney and Coke in one hand, and the onion rings in the other hand. They balanced real well.:LolLolLol

Patrick
03-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Well, I didn't do much better today.

Breakfast: 8 bowls of Cocoa Puffs, 2 glasses of water.
Snack: Just a few bit size chips ahoy
Lunch: Chicken sandwich, Lays chips, Coke, and two larger cookies.
No Snack
Dinner: Extra long cheese coney from Sonic..no cheese or onions, onion rings, coke.

I had to work late this evening, so my meal wasn't very healthy. It was balanced, though. I held the Coney and Coke in one hand, and the onion rings in the other hand. They balanced real well.:LolLolLol

:LolLolLol I see you supersized the coney. Keith, we need to go on a diet bro!

Midtowner
03-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Yesterday:
B -- oatmeal, flavored, dinosaur fact was something about "If there are ripples next to the fossil, the dinosaur lived near shallow water".
L -- The Grand House (excellent chinese food, not the same as everyplace else amazingly) had Szechuan Fish Filet, an egg roll, egg drop soup, and 2 crab rangoons, fried rise, hot & sour soup (that's the Lunch Special)
D -- Two beef enchiladas with some kind of cheese melted in them, it was one of those all white french sounding cheeses, the name escapes me. Had a side of fat free refried beans.

All was well with the calorie count, however. I played 90 minutes of raquetball that evening.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
:pizza: LOL,

8 as in (eight) bowls of Cocoa Puffs Keith????Am I the only one that caught that?Isn't that like a whole box?That is hilarious Im glad im not the only one that still loves kid cereals.But 8 bowls I would have a tummy ache I think!!!

DD

mranderson
03-22-2005, 10:21 AM

8 as in (eight) bowls of Cocoa Puffs Keith????Am I the only one that caught that?Isn't that like a whole box?That is hilarious Im glad im not the only one that still loves kid cereals.But 8 bowls I would have a tummy ache I think!!!

DD

I love kids cereals, but the high sugar content will cause me to fall asleep. That is why I am on a no sugar, no salt diet.

sweetdaisy
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah, Darling Diva, I caught that 8 bowls, too. I wasn't sure how to respond to that.

Again, my diet is suffering today. Still haven't gone to the grocery and have to work tonite until 11pm. So the story will be:

B: chili. Yes, chili... (a coworker had some leftovers from his Chili cookoff this weekend), 3 cups of coffee, and a Coke after the chili (my face was burning)
no snack
L: BLT Toaster Sandwich from Sonic and a large Coke
I've been consuming quite a bit of water today, so that's good
D: Probably some chicken tenders of some sort, picked up at a fast food restaurant on the way to work. My body is going to start rejecting this stuff soon. :(

mranderson
03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I must be doing something right with my diet.

Since February 22. I have lost nearly 20 pounds, lowered my glucose from 145 to 122, and my ldl cholestrol from 119 to 102. And I am 50 years old and still much too heavy for my age and height.

No sugar, no salt, very little bread or red meat, lots of veggies, lots of fruit, and eating a lot less that before.

Also a result. I am not getting tired as fast.

Keith
03-22-2005, 07:13 PM

DD
Yep, 8 bowls. Most of the time I have Cheerios because of the fiber. I have to get up 20 minutes earlier than usual each morning so that I have time to eat my cereal. I remember when I was a teenager, my dad was a grocery salesman, and he would do a lot of trading with other salesman. So, once a month he would trade for a case of cereal. I would go through a large box of cereal in three days...and I only ate it for breakfast.

Patrick
03-24-2005, 12:21 AM
If you enjoy eating, try a diet like this (not mine by the way!!!):

Breakfast: Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit from McDonalds, Hash Brown, Breakfast Burrito, Coffee

Snack: 42 oz. Coke, McDonalds danish

Lunch: 2 Double Quarter Pounders with cheese, Supersize Fries, Supersize Coke!

Snack: Large McFlurry (or both), 42 oz Coke

Dinner: 2 Big Macs, Supersize Fries, Supersize Coke, Hot Fudge or Caramel Sundae (or both)

Snack: 1 Cheeseburger Happy Meal with suger cookies.

Patrick
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Ahhh....just what I was looking for: McDonald's Nutrition Facts:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html

Midtowner
03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Patrick, that's 7550 (had to estimate on some of the items) calories and more grams of fat than anyone should be able to eat, ever in a day.

Keith
03-28-2005, 09:28 PM
My diet is just about to change, for the better.

Today:
Breakfast: Powdered donuts & Coke
No snack
Lunch: Turkey pastrami/turkey sandwich on wheat bread.....Fritos honey bbq twists...coke....4 cookies
No snack
Dinner: Fried Chicken....coke.

Starting tomorrow, I will be eating more fruit and no more cookies. I will be drinking more water and less coke. I gotta start eating healthier.

Patrick
03-28-2005, 10:34 PM
My diet is just about to change, for the better.

Starting tomorrow, I will be eating more fruit and no more cookies. I will be drinking more water and less coke. I gotta start eating healthier.

I'll believe it when I see it! :wink:

Add a couple of sticks of broccoli to your daily diet!

Keith
03-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I'll believe it when I see it! :wink:

Add a couple of sticks of broccoli to your daily diet!
Broccoli? I can tolerate it raw, but I can't eat it cooked. I actually ate a banana today for my snack. BTW, are two beef enchilada's and tortilla chips from Chelino's considered "fattening?"
:hungry:

Patrick
03-30-2005, 08:32 AM
BTW, are two beef enchilada's and tortilla chips from Chelino's considered "fattening?"

Nah, just add 3 bowls of cheese and salsa to it, and a couple of sopapillas, and you'll be fine.

Midtowner
03-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Broccoli? I can tolerate it raw, but I can't eat it cooked. I actually ate a banana today for my snack. BTW, are two beef enchilada's and tortilla chips from Chelino's considered "fattening?"

Chelino's -- at least in Bricktown is notoriously liberal with the cheese... so probably ;)