View Full Version : OU - Texas A&M

ljbab728
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM
The OU Club of OKC will be hosting a watch party for the Texas A&M football game this saturday at the RedPin Lounge in Bricktown. The party will begin at 5PM prior to the 6PM game time. There will be a reserved Sooner section and free appetizers will be offered. All Sooner fans are welcome.

Thunder
11-06-2010, 06:46 PM
The fans of Texas A&M are a bunch of retards. Anyone notice how they all just stand there with wide open mouth in a retard way.

Easy180
11-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Of course there is still a half to go but I'm wondering if OU can play Landry at home and someone else on the road...sure it hasn't been done before but it might be their best option

sophiesdad
11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I am ready to give Blake Bell a shot, how about playing some defense. This defense seems very slow and unsure of themselves.

adaniel
11-06-2010, 07:29 PM
The fans of Texas A&M are a bunch of retards. Anyone notice how they all just stand there with wide open mouth in a retard way.

Classy. Those "retards" are making us look like a JV high school team. How old are you again?:doh::doh:

Of course there is still a half to go but I'm wondering if OU can play Landry at home and someone else on the road...sure it hasn't been done before but it might be their best option

That may not be a bad idea. Its clear that Landry cannot handle the crowd noise or pressure.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm actually nervous about the Baylor game.

dmoor82
11-06-2010, 07:42 PM
^^OU storming back!You wanna retract those word's?

Easy180
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
^^OU storming back!You wanna retract those word's?

Which words?...the still a half to go words?

Thought I wouldn't take the usual wuss poster approach of not posting until the game was over so I protected myself just in case...lol

skyrick
11-06-2010, 08:24 PM

That's called a shout, you fool.

Thunder
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
They are doing it in a retard way. A real shout is when people go berserk screaming and waving everywhere. But these retards, they stand very still with little to no mouth movement. It is a very retard way. Look during the first few minutes of the game, they put a camera on an actual retarded guy. This is a college for retards.

usmbubba
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
The retards just embarassed OU in Primetime

semisimple
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
This is a college for retards.

If A&M is a "college for retards," as you eloquently put it, then I'd hate to think what OU is, given its position firmly near the bottom of the Big 12 academic totem pole--and inferior to A&M in virtually every conceivable way...

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 05:54 AM
If A&M is a "college for retards," as you eloquently put it, then I'd hate to think what OU is, given its position firmly near the bottom of the Big 12 academic totem pole--and inferior to A&M in virtually every conceivable way...

A couple of decades ago...the college with the most Fortune 500 CEO's was Texas A&M...retards they are not.

About the OU game...I think they made some early mistakes--like the first play. Oh well...you can't win them all.

Thunder
11-07-2010, 06:03 AM
And especially the easy TD pass was dropped. And the lame final drive trying to go up for touchdown thru center while both sides was frickin' wide open. Stupid field goal kick.

"I am ashamed these players are from Oklahoma" inb4 public outrage.

Easy180
11-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Landry's rushed overthrow of the receiver that was open by 30 yds set the theme for the night...oh well at least we ain't Texas

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 06:13 AM
And especially the easy TD pass was dropped. And the lame final drive trying to go up for touchdown thru center while both sides was frickin' wide open. Stupid field goal kick.

"I am ashamed these players are from Oklahoma" inb4 public outrage.

Thunder--if you are ashamed of them when they lose--be ashamed when they win. Nothing will make others think less of you in life than being a Fair Weather Friend and a Sunshine Patriot...

lump9816
11-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Awful! Just plain awful!

dmoor82
11-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Just another OU loss on The road!I wonder what Stoops' record at OU is on The road?either win or lose I will always be a fan I remember The 90's!It could be alot worse!

Jon27
11-07-2010, 09:37 AM
33-14 on the road. 18-13 on neutral fields. 66-2 at home. Yeah, away from Owen Field has been an issue for 12 years.

bluedogok
11-07-2010, 12:10 PM
33-14 on the road. 18-13 on neutral fields. 66-2 at home. Yeah, away from Owen Field has been an issue for 12 years.
Anywhere home or away was an "issue" prior to 12 years ago.

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I last had season tickets in 1997...I remember John Blake, with his team at 4th and goal at the one-yard-line in the 4th quarter--and just before the snap he wandered off and looked in the other direction... He was such a triumph of political correctness. Not ONE SINGLE REASON on God's green Earth to think he was qualified for the job. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zippo. Reminds me of someone else--in a somewhat higher office, without any qualifications...

Easy180
11-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Road woes since 05 as they are just 22-18 away from Norman

Of course there are 100 teams out there that would kill for that record

skyrick
11-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I last had season tickets in 1997...I remember John Blake, with his team at 4th and goal at the one-yard-line in the 4th quarter--and just before the snap he wandered off and looked in the other direction...He was such a triumph of political correctness. Not ONE SINGLE REASON on God's green Earth to think he was qualified for the job. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zippo. Reminds me of someone else--in a somewhat higher office, without any qualifications...

Way to politicize a sports thread.

Easy180
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM

Exactly...no need to pull Rand Paul into this discussion

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM

A.K.A.--the painfully obvious truth...but perhaps that has eluded you more than once...merely an observation for others to ponder, reject or whatever they choose. An opinion, if you will...

dmoor82
11-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Exactly...no need to pull Rand Paul into this discussion

LOL!Funny stuff

sgt. pepper
11-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Now, does everybody still think OU can handle OSU in STILLWATER?

jmarkross
11-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Oddly, after last year...I gave up on Gundy as a coach--and I was an ardent supporter of his. If they did not win last year--probably won't this year. I would not mind if they DID--they have a shot at all the marbles (a very long one, anyway)...but smart money in Vegas won't go that way...

jmarkross
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM

So sorry to step on someone's dainty toes...on a sports thread...

FritterGirl
11-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Thunder, please don't use the word retard. Seriously, it's rude.

As for the game. I'm still shaking my head at that outcome. Failure across the board, especially on offensive play calling.

jmarkross
11-08-2010, 08:02 AM
offensive play calling.

Excellent observation Girl of the Fritters...

sgt. pepper
11-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe OU needs to hire OSU's offensive coordinator?

jmarkross
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Maybe OU needs to hire OSU's offensive coordinator?

I noticed--as did you all...the reprise of the Florida national championship game rear it's ugly head...dithering and confusion at the two yard-line--then--the genius play from the sideline...and...DISASTER!

Easy180
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Yes...OSU always finds a way to eliminate themselves from winning the south...a win by OU in Stillwater would absolutely crush the kaboy fans...they better take care of bidness in Austin even with a team that has completely given up

ljbab728
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes...OSU always finds a way to eliminate themselves from winning the south...a win by OU in Stillwater would absolutely crush the kaboy fans...they better take care of bidness in Austin even with a team that has completely given up

You got that right. This is a schizophrenic Longhorn team. You never know what you're going to get and regardless of how they've played as a team they have more talent than OSU.

kevinpate
11-09-2010, 06:36 AM

CAN they? Absotively, posilutely

WILL they? well, curse my broken magic 8-ball I just don't know this year.

OKCisOK4me
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
You got that right. This is a schizophrenic Longhorn team. You never know what you're going to get and regardless of how they've played as a team they have more talent than OSU.

You're absolutely right about that AND you know what? So does OU. There's one slight difference and when I say this I say it while holding my thumb and index finger half an inch from eachother--WE GETTIN IT DONE THIS YEAR! No excuses from the program or it's fans. We also know we have much more room for improvement as we're nowhere near perfect. I think instead of you worrying about my Pokes gettin' it done in Austin, you should take a long hard focus on the determination of your team.

Bill Robertson
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM

Since it's in Stillwater, not so much. Read something a couple of weeks ago about OUs away stats over the last five years. I think it was in the Tulsa paper. OU is way worse on the road than any other BCS top ten team. No good reason for that.

ljbab728
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
You're absolutely right about that AND you know what? So does OU. There's one slight difference and when I say this I say it while holding my thumb and index finger half an inch from eachother--WE GETTIN IT DONE THIS YEAR! No excuses from the program or it's fans. We also know we have much more room for improvement as we're nowhere near perfect. I think instead of you worrying about my Pokes gettin' it done in Austin, you should take a long hard focus on the determination of your team.

I don't believe I was professing any particular worries about OSU, just stating that nothing is a lock for anyone this year. Just look at Nebraska. They beat OSU in Stillwater and then almost lost to the Iowa State team that OU beat by 52. They also lost at home to the same Longhorns who have now lost 5 games. Who knows what's going to happen? What OSU does in Austin will have no bearing on OU's fortunes for this year. If OU wins all of the rest of their games they will be in the BIG TWELVE championship game no matter what happens in Austin. The same thing applies for OSU.

Lord Helmet
11-10-2010, 10:46 AM
They are doing it in a retard way. A real shout is when people go berserk screaming and waving everywhere. But these retards, they stand very still with little to no mouth movement. It is a very retard way. Look during the first few minutes of the game, they put a camera on an actual retarded guy. This is a college for retards.

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you 12?

OKCisOK4me
11-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't believe I was professing any particular worries about OSU, just stating that nothing is a lock for anyone this year. Just look at Nebraska. They beat OSU in Stillwater and then almost lost to the Iowa State team that OU beat by 52. They also lost at home to the same Longhorns who have now lost 5 games. Who knows what's going to happen? What OSU does in Austin will have no bearing on OU's fortunes for this year. If OU wins all of the rest of their games they will be in the BIG TWELVE championship game no matter what happens in Austin. The same thing applies for OSU.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, lol. It's not just the Big XII, it's all of college football. The landscape is funky this year!

jmarkross
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
The Texas A&M game--finally explained quite clearly--what happened...

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7589553/

OKCisOK4me
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
The Texas A&M game--finally explained quite clearly--what happened...

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7589553/

Thank you JMark! They were talking about this on the sports animal yesterday. I found the website. I just couldn't find the search bar.